Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying out Panorama...

Default Trying out Panorama...

It's a full 360deg panaroma. Notice 2 humps? How do blu straighten it out? The corresponding shots were all straight. Also, how can I upload a bigger version of this picture?

Same picture but joint differently.

Default Re: Trying out Panorama...

Hi Blu,

Which lens did you use for the pano? 14-45mm or 11-22mm or ???

Try locking/activate the AE lock to avoid different exposure and WB.

Btw, good try...

Cheers,

Good effort. Though you need to work on the levelling a little more.

AEL the whole set but saved in RAW. Experts, should I point to the brightest area then lock or the darkest? Advice please.

As for horizontal...on the cam was perfect. but when it's combined.. different story. How? Is there any software to correct the prespective or what you call it??

P.S. 14~45mm lens for this one.

The wide angle distortion probably contributed partially to the different levels. A solution might be to use something like a 35 or 50mm and take more frames. A dedicated panoramic ballhead will further ensure proper levelling.

Exposure can be tricky with 360 panoramas. I usually take the median of the brightest and darkest part of the overall scene and make a uniform exposure for all frames. You will end up with some over and under exposed segments but this can be worked on to an extent in the post processing phase.

I agree with Terence, take the median exposure. Try to overlap more and take more frame. Not very sure with the AEL mode on the E-330, maybe you must keep pressing the AEL button after you had taken the exposure (half press shuttle), just like the E-300 to maintain the lock. For the E1, the AEL is toggle mode (On/Off) IIRC.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    The wide angle distortion probably contributed partially to the different levels. A solution might be to use something like a 35 or 50mm and take more frames. A dedicated panoramic ballhead will further ensure proper levelling.
    More shots...think there is a limitation in the Panaromic Maker 3 software. Was shooting at about 20mm (40mm) Previously shot another set with the 11~22mm...horrible by-product. Now..a dedicated ballhead...maybe..but the chellange is in holding the cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Exposure can be tricky with 360 panoramas. I usually take the median of the brightest and darkest part of the overall scene and make a uniform exposure for all frames. You will end up with some over and under exposed segments but this can be worked on to an extent in the post processing phase.
    Somehow RAW conversation don't seem to work with old Blu. Used the RawShooter to convert the shots to JPG for joining, the RAW at the RawShooter had a color temp of between 5000 to 5800, a TINT of -10 to -16 and some had different reading in Exposure, fill light,shadow and highlights. All blu did was to set it all to 0...then KAPUT!!!.

P.S. The AEL can be set to LOCK and it maintains the lock state until it's unlocked.
    Last edited by Blu-By-U; 14th September 2006 at 12:53 PM.

To tell you the truth, I find digital panoramas way too inconvenient. I much prefer my film 360 panos, one shot and you got a 360 frame right there, no stitching, no levelling problems (unless handheld).

Blu do agree with you there. Only think is dSLR don't shoot video.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-By-U
    Blu do agree with you there. Only think is dSLR don't shoot video.
    Video? What does that have to do with this discussion? You can't escape from stitching, either auto or manually, if you shoot 360 panos with a DSLR.

woops...Film not Video meh? blurr blu again then. Then care to explain Film 360 pano?? How to do that??

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-By-U
    woops...Film not Video meh? blurr blu again then. Then care to explain Film 360 pano?? How to do that??
    Film is film... once upon a time we used to load that in our cameras... they come in various size rolls, depending on the format and the cameras look something like this...

Notice got no LCD display! Wow!

Now, there are many panoramic film bodies out there, most of them shoot medium format rolls, typically 6x12, 6x17 and even 6x24. It was only fairly recently when the new full 360 film bodies like the Seitz Roundshot appeared. The Roundshots come in various versions, mine is the handheld model, the 28-220. One click and the lens head rotates through whatever field of view you program it to... up throuugh 405 degrees. Instant panoramic on one exposure. Of course it suffers from the some of the drawbacks... single exposure setting for the entire scene and levelling problems when handheld. Nice tool...

ok ok...back to old style film. now blu is really . No wonder blu still see places selling 35mm films...there is still life im them films. Thanks for sharing.

Just curious, what do you use to level your camera?

you can do digital pano with single shot if you want.

http://www.roundshot.ch/xml_1/intern.../d925/f934.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by ngebor View Post
    you can do digital pano with single shot if you want.
    At a cost of nearly $60,000 SGD!!!

There is 1 click for 360 degree digital pano setup.

Check this MrotatorR" Mrotator One-Shot link
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Film is film... once upon a time we used to load that in our cameras... they come in various size rolls, depending on the format and the cameras look something like this...

Notice got no LCD display! Wow!

Now, there are many panoramic film bodies out there, most of them shoot medium format rolls, typically 6x12, 6x17 and even 6x24. It was only fairly recently when the new full 360 film bodies like the Seitz Roundshot appeared. The Roundshots come in various versions, mine is the handheld model, the 28-220. One click and the lens head rotates through whatever field of view you program it to... up throuugh 405 degrees. Instant panoramic on one exposure. Of course it suffers from the some of the drawbacks... single exposure setting for the entire scene and levelling problems when handheld. Nice tool...

Nice and expensive toys you have there. Very inspired by the shots in ur blog as well. Sorry for OT

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Did you notice them cameras? Why do they have the cam at 45deg angle?

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-By-U View Post
    Did you notice them cameras? Why do they have the cam at 45deg angle?
    To get maximum coverage of your vFOV.

They use full frame fisheye lens and you get max FOV along the diagonal of the image.
    Last edited by VR Man; 30th September 2006 at 01:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast