Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The New E-400 pic

Default Re: The New E-400 pic

I want to buy for my wife

I am super upset that there is no live view......dem angry too with oly

I called Spore oly. Have no idea when it will arrive in spore.

Quote Originally Posted by say123
    got this link from dpreview.

First Impression on the e400. good read.

http://www.digit.no/wip4/detail.epl?id=98892

anyway, how many of you guys are tempted to get one? or will buy one?
    Still prefer my E500. Features wise, the E400 does not give significant improvement over E500. As for picture quality, it remain to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    u r saying the F3.5 ver not as good as the new F4 ver? i smell something strange brewing in Oly strategy... 14-42 to replace 14-45
    & 40-150 to replace another 40-150, doesn't quite make sense at all.

my impression is that the NMOS will be using voltage as the pri domain for processing. what i'm interested is... will a PMOS use current as the pri domian for processing? like in some hifi, processing is done in the current domian. manufacturers claimed that since noise current is very low, the signal fidelity is better than processing the signal in the voltage domain. any insight to this kimbo? perhaps Antonio might have some info behind such techniques implementation. what about VMOS? its basic structure already inherits very low noise characteristics, if its applied to sensors & processed in current domain... i think a 16MP E-3 cud be well on the way.

(ps. pardon my ignorance, i know nuts about sensor technology.)

think i KPO anohter time..

its through in electronics have voltage versus current drive... but they are complementary. MOSFET and plenty of others are nothing more than a switch, only that switching characteristics are different, depending on process, bias etc.. You can imagine Metal Oxide applied on silicon as contact (hence MOS)..two charged wells (P or N) seperated by an insulator (build from the substrate ..i.e. N well have P substrate as isolator).. when you break this insulation, charge flows between the wells.. and current is formed. Noise manifest as many forms...like eddy or 1/f noise.. are specifics of solid state devices.

transistors are usually low powered devices... and mainly voltage driven (thats what pre-amp does). When you need power.. that's when current comes in (power amp). VMOS is veritical (aligned) MOS suitable for current driver. In fact. it consist of a group of wells aligned in a way efficient for current sourcing, and not breaking anything electrically.

Basis is, there are so many many forms of transitors .. each with different process, amplification characteristics and noise characteristics..never ending one..

Quote Originally Posted by gunshead
    I want to buy for my wife

I am super upset that there is no live view......dem angry too with oly

I called Spore oly. Have no idea when it will arrive in spore.
    Why upset? The body looks too small to include live view feature. Our local Olympus agent will say they dunno when it will arrives, as the camera has not even started production...
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

seems from this link that E400 wont hit asia. only available in europe..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=20037524

Now where is the new pro body?
    really hoping that oly will announce the specs on the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo
    think i KPO anohter time..

its through in electronics have voltage versus current drive... but they are complementary. MOSFET and plenty of others are nothing more than a switch, only that switching characteristics are different, depending on process, bias etc.. You can imagine Metal Oxide applied on silicon as contact (hence MOS)..two charged wells (P or N) seperated by an insulator (build from the substrate ..i.e. N well have P substrate as isolator).. when you break this insulation, charge flows between the wells.. and current is formed. Noise manifest as many forms...like eddy or 1/f noise.. are specifics of solid state devices.

transistors are usually low powered devices... and mainly voltage driven (thats what pre-amp does). When you need power.. that's when current comes in (power amp). VMOS is veritical (aligned) MOS suitable for current driver. In fact. it consist of a group of wells aligned in a way efficient for current sourcing, and not breaking anything electrically.

Basis is, there are so many many forms of transitors .. each with different process, amplification characteristics and noise characteristics..never ending one..
    hey kimbo, you sound like my lecturer back in sch days.

bring back memories of the module i've taken. PN juntion.. gates. bias...frequncy response... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo

thats what makes tech talk fun!! thx kimbo for the explaination. so is VMOS suitable to be put into sensor design & current domain processing?

what was learnt in school were very basic models & principles, the real world has such advance methods that its very hard to catch up.

VMOS! VMOS! VMOS!.....

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    thats what makes tech talk fun!! thx kimbo for the explaination. so is VMOS suitable to be put into sensor design & current domain processing?

what was learnt in school were very basic models & principles, the real world has such advance methods that its very hard to catch up.

VMOS! VMOS! VMOS!.....
    The point I raise is.. as many many rant high and low about camera technology...interpreting their own new engineering logics along the way...with many insensible criticism.

engineering is no small feat, it takes a lot more understanding and experience to do something...so dun be too hard on the enigneers...

here's another one for u: http://forum.olympusclub.pl/galeria/...?album=4&pos=0

these r a few samples from beta pre-production model. i must say the kit lens is not doing it any justice.

anyway, the leaks has it that the 10MP sensor is from Kodak. YIPPEEE!!!

whats next?.....
    VMOS! VMOS! VMOS!

OM4 mounted with 50mm f1.8 is a handy approach.

I could imagine this with E400 with zuiko 35mm f3.5.

wat do u think..?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    OM4 mounted with 50mm f1.8 is a handy approach.

I could imagine this with E400 with zuiko 35mm f3.5.

wat do u think..?

i'd prefer to use the Pentax adaptor with a pancake lens on this tiny little E400. small light & very portable! only problem is, lens not wide enuf.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123