Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone having problem with Singnet Broadband

Default Re: Anyone having problem with Singnet Broadband

to threadstarter: dun need to think, its confirmed singnet's fault..
    i dunno encounter how many disconnect from them till i cannot take it, and i went to immediately terminate it at the end of my contract and changed to starhub maxonline..

From then on, i only experience disconnect < 3 times a year, although its still frustrating but heck, its better than the singnet that disconnect me at least once every month i.e. > 12 times a yr!

and when playing online games, singnet lags like a snail. and maxonline is smooth as silk

Although i have been using maxonline so far for at least 5 yrs already and long contract overdue, and even though there is the macbook promo, i dun give a heck to it. Nothing is more important than frustration free surfing, and i dun like to die in online games due to lag!
    Last edited by kcuf2; 17th September 2006 at 02:32 AM.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    to threadstarter: dun need to think, its confirmed singnet's fault..
    i dunno encounter how many disconnect from them till i cannot take it, and i went to immediately terminate it at the end of my contract and changed to starhub maxonline..

From then on, i only experience disconnect < 3 times a year, although its still frustrating but heck, its better than the singnet that disconnect me at least once every month i.e. > 12 times a yr!

and when playing online games, singnet lags like a snail. and maxonline is smooth as silk

Although i have been using maxonline so far for at least 5 yrs already and long contract overdue, and even though there is the macbook promo, i dun give a heck to it. Nothing is more important than frustration free surfing, and i dun like to die in online games due to lag!
    100% support you. starhub is much better than singnet.

I have never got disconnect from Singtel. Happy with service.
    But also no freebies.
    Quite envious when my friend got the HP iPAQ from Stahub at super low price as an incentive. ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    I have never got disconnect from Singtel. Happy with service.
    But also no freebies.
    Quite envious when my friend got the HP iPAQ from Stahub at super low price as an incentive. ouch!
    how about an xBox? but that was quite long ago.

vince123123
    Guests

So singnet unstable arh?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    So singnet unstable arh?
    i guess it differs quite alot with different pp. maybe we can make a poll?

Actually I started having frequent disconnection around 5mths ago....started calling singnet and always receive their usual replies, such as "ur line could haf prob, our side show status is ok" etc ....

I also try emailing them and receive similiar replies...In the end, singnet has check my lines twice. I have also try watever advice they given me, from reinstalling drivers to bringing my modem all the way to kallang to have it checked....

Then ard 3 or 4 wks ago, I buay tahan liao, so I Call their hotline and ask to speak to their mgr directly and make a complain. I actually threathened to complain to IDA or write to ST if I ever have disconnection again.. ....I pay for unlimited subscription yet 25% of the time I cant surf....I told them tat I have try everything they ask me to do yet it still have same prob....so I ask them go check their own equipment first before asking customers to do this and tat.....

So far now my internet seem ok liao....think so far I onli expericed 1 disconnection during early morn at ard 1am....

swee! but switch to starhub and you don't have to bother doing those
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

erm so bad?
    im using singnet 512 unlimit... doesn't seems to disconnect or what thruout the day (normally 8am - 12pm midnite)

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    swee! but switch to starhub and you don't have to bother doing those
    haa...but think the last time I check, Singnet is still cheapest rite? I onli use it for surfing websites and check emails onli leh....

act without the disconnection, so far singnet is gd enuff for my usage ba...

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    erm so bad?
    im using singnet 512 unlimit... doesn't seems to disconnect or what thruout the day (normally 8am - 12pm midnite)
    Mine also 512 unlimited...think it depend to area u from... I have frenzs who live in juro or hougang who experienced similiar prob... btw I live in sembawang....

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    haa...but think the last time I check, Singnet is still cheapest rite? I onli use it for surfing websites and check emails onli leh....

act without the disconnection, so far singnet is gd enuff for my usage ba...

Mine also 512 unlimited...think it depend to area u from... I have frenzs who live in juro or hougang who experienced similiar prob... btw I live in sembawang....
    i live in jurong leh...
    still intending to upgrade to 3.5mbps next yr after my 512 plan end

actually there was a week i get very very frequent disconnect...(more than 10 per day), called them up and they got no solution... so i reconfigured my router and it works... up till now no disconnect unless it is those major one where the whole SG or maybe estate kind
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 20th September 2006 at 02:52 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

what settings did you change to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    so i reconfigured my router and it works... up till now no disconnect unless it is those major one where the whole SG or maybe estate kind

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    what settings did you change to make it work?
    erm... can't rmb much, but i think the main thing is i let the router do the username and password input rather than the modem. i used to let the modem do the dial before and about 1/2 year after i added the wireless router, everything works well till one day...

Its not the end of Singtel Broadband "lag".... I'm currently experiencing major lag issues on sites outside of Singapore... seems like backbone is down or conjested again!!!

Just sent them a tracert and ping test... hopefully it gets fixed soon. Been like that the whole 3 hours.... fed up already!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123