Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86

Thread: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

  1. #41

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey
    all this talk about ROD, ORD...and i've only just POP-ed...sigh
    1 years 9 months and you will be thru.... Hang in there..
    Cherish the moment, Army to me is extremely joyous...

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Is there anything wrong with burning army stuff per se? (ie specific to army, not general burning issues like causing air pollution etc)? Should ask these police wannabes where they get their source of authority from

    Maybe should list them out or point us to that other thread .
    I do know that the combat helmet is not to be sold publicly in Singapore because it is listed as a defense related materiel, due to the Kevlar construction.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  3. #43

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Can use it for some kinky romance dress up fantasy in the bedroom...ur wify can play change parade with you

    ..kidding.

    so shiok ORD liao...congrats

    heheheh talking about romance huh? hehehhe

    yeah can use for some fantasy purpose

    btw what is ORD / ROD / etc? mind to share? hehehe im not from singapore..but wanna kpc

  4. #44

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    1. What is meant by no longer liable for National Service?
    Under the Enlistment Act, Chapter 93, NSmen will not be liable for NS call-ups when they reach the statutory age limit of 40 for Warrant Officers, Specialists and Enlistees ( WOSEs) and 50 for Officers. In other words, personnel reaching the stated statutory age limit will no longer be liable to be called up for any NS activities such as ICT, IPPT, mobilisation etc.

    2. What should I do to my SAF personal equipment now that I have completed my NS liability?
    You may dispose the items in the normal ways as long as the items do not end up in an unauthorised usage. Alternatively, you may return the items to:

    a. Address:
    GEMC – Army Logistics Base
    601 Old Choa Chu Kang Road
    Singapore 699817
    Contact:
    Tel: 6389-6381/ 6389-6382


    b. Address:
    National Servicemen Services Centre (NSSC)
    1 Depot Road, CMPB
    Singapore 109681
    Contact:
    Tel: 6373-1672/ 6373-1675/ 6373-1677
    Last edited by mervlam; 12th September 2006 at 11:44 PM.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Is there anything wrong with burning army stuff per se? (ie specific to army, not general burning issues like causing air pollution etc)? Should ask these police wannabes where they get their source of authority from

    Maybe should list them out or point us to that other thread .
    except that all items issued by the SAF is not your property per se. by burning those items, you are technically breaking the law by unlawfully destructing the property of the SAF.

    if you doubt that, go have a good look at your equipment. every issue has a label stating 3 capital letters - S.A.F.

    Reference: SAF Act Chapter 295, Section 42:
    Damage to, and loss of, Singapore Armed Forces property, etc.
    42. (1) Every person subject to military law who
    (a) wilfully damages or destroys or causes the loss of, or is concerned in the wilful damage, destruction or loss of, any Singapore Armed Forces property, or any property belonging to a person subject to military law; or
    (b) by wilful neglect causes or allows damage to, or the loss of, any Singapore Armed Forces property or property so belonging,
    shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction by a subordinate military court to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or any less punishment authorised by this Act.
    (2) Every person subject to military law who
    (a) by any negligent act or omission causes or allows damage to, or the loss of, any Singapore Armed Forces property; or
    (b) is guilty of any wilful or negligent act or omission which is likely to cause damage to, or the loss of, any such property,
    shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction by a subordinate military court to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or any less punishment authorised by this Act.
    (3) Where such property consists of arms, or is an aircraft, a vessel or a vehicle, such person shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction by a subordinate military court to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or any less punishment authorised by this Act.
    Last edited by mervlam; 13th September 2006 at 12:06 AM.

  6. #46
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    keep the stuff, will come in handy for nature shoots

  7. #47
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    keep the stuff, will come in handy for nature shoots
    true...jungle hat, boots, etc
    eat. drink. shoot

  8. #48

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    The helmet makes are good flower pot or a prop for a fetish shoot

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    i would choose to keep the items... reminds me of fond memories.. hehe

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    No 4 is good for birding or jungle shoot. Wish I had one but I dont go for NS (1st gen PR).

    However I was told that we cannot use uniform issued by SAF for other uses. Is that true?

  11. #51
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    No 4 is good for birding or jungle shoot. Wish I had one but I dont go for NS (1st gen PR).

    However I was told that we cannot use uniform issued by SAF for other uses. Is that true?
    can someone confirm?

    i currently use the SAF goretex jacket as my raincoat..
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    www.whltelightphotographer.com
    Posts
    1,834

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Unit stand down, already disbanded. No recall, no ICT, no IPPT. No more liability. U mean u still have recall after you ROD? Not ORD leh.
    Are you in MR or ROD. Now ROD only when you are 40. If in case of war and they neeed reserve forces, guess who they call After 40 they dun want you. Once the units in MR there not IPPT, ICT or MOB

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    www.whltelightphotographer.com
    Posts
    1,834

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    phew...

    i left with 9 more... sianz...
    1 left

  14. #54

    Smile Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    may i draw attention to "every person subject to military law". does a person who has reached the ns non-liability age still deemed subject to military law? i think not.

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    except that all items issued by the SAF is not your property per se. by burning those items, you are technically breaking the law by unlawfully destructing the property of the SAF.

    if you doubt that, go have a good look at your equipment. every issue has a label stating 3 capital letters - S.A.F.

    Reference: SAF Act Chapter 295, Section 42:
    Damage to, and loss of, Singapore Armed Forces property, etc.
    42. —(1) Every person subject to military law who —
    (a) wilfully damages or destroys or causes the loss of, or is concerned in the wilful damage, destruction or loss of, any Singapore Armed Forces property, or any property belonging to a person subject to military law; or
    (b) by wilful neglect causes or allows damage to, or the loss of, any Singapore Armed Forces property or property so belonging,
    shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction by a subordinate military court to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or any less punishment authorised by this Act.
    (2) Every person subject to military law who —
    (a) by any negligent act or omission causes or allows damage to, or the loss of, any Singapore Armed Forces property; or
    (b) is guilty of any wilful or negligent act or omission which is likely to cause damage to, or the loss of, any such property,
    shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction by a subordinate military court to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or any less punishment authorised by this Act.
    (3) Where such property consists of arms, or is an aircraft, a vessel or a vehicle, such person shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction by a subordinate military court to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or any less punishment authorised by this Act.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    1 left

    singscott k3nn3th03

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  16. #56

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    may i draw attention to "every person subject to military law". does a person who has reached the ns non-liability age still deemed subject to military law? i think not.
    then go ahead, but dont get caught red-handed lor.

    vince just asked if there are any laws pertaining to "burning of army stuff" with regards to SAF Act Chp. 295 or the GOA. i'm just doing my part to answering the question.

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    can someone confirm?

    i currently use the SAF goretex jacket as my raincoat..
    Use of SAF Equipment & Uniforms
    The equipment and uniforms issued to NSmen after ORD can only be used when carrying out military duties. Likewise, SAF decorations, medals and emblems can only be used for purposes authorised by the SAF

    http://www.mindef.gov.sg/nsmen/1_discipline.asp

    just dont wear full number 4 + sbo + helmet in public view to do funny things. otherwise, the ruling is quite lax. In my opinion, can wear jungle hat, gortex boots, gortex raincoat, but number 4 shirt + trousers is a no no.

    PS: I'm not a "police wannabe". I'm just a loggie well-versed in these kind of stuff.
    Last edited by mervlam; 13th September 2006 at 10:06 PM.

  17. #57
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Thanks mervlam - will review the sections you have cited

    Do youthink that the laws you have cited apply to army equpment that we buy from Beah Road? It's doubtful if those fall under Government issued property - hence can I walk around with my No.4 bought from beach road?

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    vince just asked if there are any laws pertaining to "burning of army stuff" with regards to SAF Act Chp. 295 or the GOA. i'm just doing my part to answering the question.


    Use of SAF Equipment & Uniforms
    The equipment and uniforms issued to NSmen after ORD can only be used when carrying out military duties. Likewise, SAF decorations, medals and emblems can only be used for purposes authorised by the SAF

    http://www.mindef.gov.sg/nsmen/1_discipline.asp

    just dont wear full number 4 + sbo + helmet in public view to do funny things. otherwise, the ruling is quite lax. In my opinion, can wear jungle hat, gortex boots, gortex raincoat, but number 4 shirt + trousers is a no no.

    PS: I'm not a "police wannabe". I'm just a loggie well-versed in these kind of stuff.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    www.whltelightphotographer.com
    Posts
    1,834

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    singscott k3nn3th03

    Got discount la I heard from many people but you have to complete at lest seven high key. My friend MR with his unit at 29 he only did seven high key then no liao. So good luck to you.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Thanks mervlam - will review the sections you have cited

    Do youthink that the laws you have cited apply to army equpment that we buy from Beah Road? It's doubtful if those fall under Government issued property - hence can I walk around with my No.4 bought from beach road?
    btw, since you mentioned Beach Road, I do know that some shops are illegally selling authentic, real SAF equipment like PT kits and uniforms. buying from such shops is discouraged. that's why SAF set up eMart to save you from a troublesome trip to your unit RQMS.

    btw, are you saying that you want to walk around town in full no.4 impersonating as a member of the SAF? why would you want to do that? you should only wear your full uniform when on duty

    we had digressed too much. we are talking about how to properly dispose off used SAF equipment/uniform.

  20. #60
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Where to dispose of army barang after ROD

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    btw, since you mentioned Beach Road, I do know that some shops are illegally selling authentic, real SAF equipment like PT kits and uniforms. buying from such shops is discouraged. that's why SAF set up eMart to save you from a troublesome trip to your unit RQMS.

    btw, are you saying that you want to walk around town in full no.4 impersonating as a member of the SAF? why would you want to do that? you should only wear your full uniform when on duty

    we had digressed too much. we are talking about how to properly dispose off used SAF equipment/uniform.
    i think he wants to know if he wan wear his no.4 to do nature shooting, or similar stuff?
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •