Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Should photographer avoid this event ?

Default Re: Should photographer avoid this event ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gui
    Some of the guys here, u are so humchee that I bet in a war situation your ball will retract (from the already shrivelled condition that it is) and all you do is shoot your own mates.

For ****'s sake, u guys are photographers. Go there and take pictures and log the event, and u got pictures to keep of a historical event. The cameras sitting on your fat belly are there to differenciate u from the actual participants of the rally, and worse come to worse, u get shoo-ed off and then u can watch from a distance.

If journalists and cameramen in Iraq are like u guys, where do we get the news from? There are people way out there who'd die to grab a piece of news, and u guys don't even have the simple courage to stand up for Singapore in an internationally publicised event, IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND FOR YOUR COUNTRY. All you do is sit on your asses ridiculing those willing to take action for your sake, as u continue to bash policy makers in a virtual world, with virtual words, on internet forums, praying that one day perhaps they will hear your virtual cries.

Clubsnappers, get yourselves a pair of testicles.
    luckily i'm not interested in journalism photography and such. much less war journalism!!

com'on CSers!! let us all go down in full force with our cammies and snap our hero, Dr.Chee in action!!!

gif it all up for Dr.Chee!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

So long this thread still here...

then no reaction... really CHEEsepie....
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    So long this thread still here...

then no reaction... really CHEEsepie....
    u go and support too right?

com'on la... gagalai!!!!

btw, when's the rally ah...

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I think they wait for the photographers in jail first before starting the rally.
    alamak! how can?

i tot they need FOC fotographers and all... sure got a bunch of us here who will willingly put down their lives and go and shoot for Dr.Chee.

good for portfolio ok!

Some of the guys here, u are so humchee that I bet in a war situation your ball will retract (from the already shrivelled condition that it is) and all you do is shoot your own mates.

For ****'s sake, u guys are photographers. Go there and take pictures and log the event, and u got pictures to keep of a historical event. The cameras sitting on your fat belly are there to differenciate u from the actual participants of the rally, and worse come to worse, u get shoo-ed off and then u can watch from a distance.

If journalists and cameramen in Iraq are like u guys, where do we get the news from? There are people way out there who'd die to grab a piece of news, and u guys don't even have the simple courage to stand up for Singapore in an internationally publicised event, IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND FOR YOUR COUNTRY. All you do is sit on your asses ridiculing those willing to take action for your sake, as u continue to bash policy makers in a virtual world, with virtual words, on internet forums, praying that one day perhaps they will hear your virtual cries.

The point is not about being hum chee. Is about what can you get out of this. Journalists and Cameraman in Iraq do it because it is a job, it pays well.... ever heard of the term. All expenses paid for by company.

This one is not a job, it is a political thing and please Chee is asking for it and if you want to join him. Then carry on and please take the lead for us. For your info Martin is not the only person who got asked to drink coffee with ISD for doing a docu on Chee, some Poly lecturers who did a docu on Jayaranam was also invited for good coffee with ISD. Film was confiscated. You get yourself into trouble, got record in your file and no more govt jobs for you. For the sake of a crazy fellow?

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    The point is not about being hum chee. Is about what can you get out of this. Journalists and Cameraman in Iraq do it because it is a job, it pays well.... ever heard of the term. All expenses paid for by company.

This one is not a job, it is a political thing and please Chee is asking for it and if you want to join him. Then carry on and please take the lead for us. For your info Martin is not the only person who got asked to drink coffee with ISD for doing a docu on Chee, some Poly lecturers who did a docu on Jayaranam was also invited for good coffee with ISD. Film was confiscated. You get yourself into trouble, got record in your file and no more govt jobs for you. For the sake of a crazy fellow?
    By the way, what is the main role of ISD?
    Last edited by blazer_workz; 14th September 2006 at 01:44 PM.
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

ISD or Internal Security handles as their name sake says it Internal Security. All matters like Espionage, terrorist activity, subversive activity are handled by them. If I am not wrong, they have more authority than the police. However much of what they do is secret and sensitive.

Member/Tangshooter

ISD or Internal Security handles as their name sake says it Internal Security. All matters like Espionage, terrorist activity, subversive activity are handled by them. If I am not wrong, they have more authority than the police. However much of what they do is secret and sensitive.
    Espionage: The act or practice of spying or of using spies to obtain secret information, as about another government or a business competitor.

Terrorist: One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.
    Terrorism: The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Subversive: Intended or serving to subvert, especially intended to overthrow or undermine an established government.

Where does Mr. Chee falls into?

According to our Govt? Chee is subversive.....

In fact if you watched the discovery docu about Singapore during August. SM Goh, then PM said this about the opposition.
    "of course we are concerned about challenges to our RULE"

The ISD (Internal Security Department) is Singapore’s answer to the KGB. It is empowered under the Internal Security Act (ISA) to arrest citizens and detain them without trial. In 1963, under Operation Cold Store, more than a hundred opposition leaders and trade unionists were detained, many for as long as 20 years. In 1966, another group of oppositionists were arrested. One of them, Chia Thye Poh, was imprisoned for 23 years without ever being given a trial. It was not until 19 years into his incarceration that he was accused of being a communist. He was released in 1989 and immediately placed under city arrest for another nine years, before finally being released unconditionally in 1998. In 1987, the government ordered another ISA crackdown, this time under Operation Spectrum. Twenty-two young social activists, including lawyers, social workers, and members of a Catholic church, were accused of engaging in "communist united front tactics with a view to establishing a Marxist state."15 As it turned out, some of them had been quietly helping the opposition Workers’ Party. After they were released, several of the detainees issued a statement countering government denials that they had been tortured. They were promptly rearrested. They were later released only on condition that they sign statutory declarations denying everything they had said in their earlier press statement. An intrepid lawyer, former solicitor-general Francis Seow, stepped in to represent one of the detainees who had sought his legal assistance. When Seow arrived at the detention center, he himself was detained by the ISD and was not released for more than two months. He was later charged and convicted in absentia for tax evasion. Seow now lives in exile in the United States. In 1997, six more people were arrested by the ISD, four of whom were subsequently released in 1998.

The ISD (Internal Security Department) is Singapore’s answer to the KGB. It is empowered under the Internal Security Act (ISA) to arrest citizens and detain them without trial. In 1963, under Operation Cold Store, more than a hundred opposition leaders and trade unionists were detained, many for as long as 20 years. In 1966, another group of oppositionists were arrested. One of them, Chia Thye Poh, was imprisoned for 23 years without ever being given a trial. It was not until 19 years into his incarceration that he was accused of being a communist. He was released in 1989 and immediately placed under city arrest for another nine years, before finally being released unconditionally in 1998. In 1987, the government ordered another ISA crackdown, this time under Operation Spectrum. Twenty-two young social activists, including lawyers, social workers, and members of a Catholic church, were accused of engaging in "communist united front tactics with a view to establishing a Marxist state."15 As it turned out, some of them had been quietly helping the opposition Workers’ Party. After they were released, several of the detainees issued a statement countering government denials that they had been tortured. They were promptly rearrested. They were later released only on condition that they sign statutory declarations denying everything they had said in their earlier press statement. An intrepid lawyer, former solicitor-general Francis Seow, stepped in to represent one of the detainees who had sought his legal assistance. When Seow arrived at the detention center, he himself was detained by the ISD and was not released for more than two months. He was later charged and convicted in absentia for tax evasion. Seow now lives in exile in the United States. In 1997, six more people were arrested by the ISD, four of whom were subsequently released in 1998.
    Simply by quoting a one-liner of Chia Thye Poh case which had been hyped up by Alternative Parties for their push to 'abolish ISA' and ISD officers turn into the devil incarnates.

Damn it, den I muz be Satan himself.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Member/Tangshooter

According to our Govt? Chee is subversive.....

In fact if you watched the discovery docu about Singapore during August. SM Goh, then PM said this about the opposition.
    "of course we are concerned about challenges to our RULE"
    Like tat how about the 25%+/- citizens who never voted for them?? Is this a subversive act?? must they go through ISD??
    Who is more terror?? arrest and detain without trial?? Can't we have a more fairer system?? Why encourage people to go through education in the first place when we couldn't even express our ideals?? So are our education for our own good?? or is it for the good of the economy??

But i must say, Mr. Chee has got his points but wrong approach..

Quote Originally Posted by ianpaice
    Must give it to Chee for his high level of motivation and drive. Stupidity or not, none of us will ever have the same level of determination and perseverance, not even remotely close.

Dont think we should judge him when we do not even know much details in our government. Remeber that this man is very highly educated man, probably much more than any of us here. Maybe he is not entirely wrong in his beliefs, or unless he is a little nutty up there - I will give him the benefit of a doubt.

Think about his situation a little. He's got no (obvious) full time job, except being the secretary-general of his party. And I dun think his party can afford to give him a comfortable salary.

So where does he get his income to support himself/family?
    How does he afford to fly here n there to attend all these conferences?

The money has to come from somewhere. And I seriously doubt he has a lot of local financial support. So that leaves overseas funding as a real possibility.

So who are the people/organisations that would fund him? What would these people/organisation's motivations and objectives be to fund him? How will these people decide if he is worth funding?

Dig a little deeper into him, and you'll see where his real motivation comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    Like tat how about the 25%+/- citizens who never voted for them?? Is this a subversive act?? must they go through ISD??
    Who is more terror?? arrest and detain without trial?? Can't we have a more fairer system?? Why encourage people to go through education in the first place when we couldn't even express our ideals?? So are our education for our own good?? or is it for the good of the economy??

But i must say, Mr. Chee has got his points but wrong approach..

We work for the good of the whole society, hence what we study, what we do is for Singapore as a whole. This is no place for alternative views that do not conform to the govt greater vision for the people.

Anyway there were rumours that Chee is not as simple as he seems to be. Some say that he is actually a mole of a certain party send to create havoc in the SDP (singapore decomcratic party) of which Chiam Chee Tong was the head. Thanks to Chee, Chaim had to step down and leave the party. Which makes one think.... has he gotten into any real trouble and also as some have mentioned, where does his funding come from?

Member/Tangshooter

We work for the good of the whole society, hence what we study, what we do is for Singapore as a whole. This is no place for alternative views that do not conform to the govt greater vision for the people.

Anyway there were rumours that Chee is not as simple as he seems to be. Some say that he is actually a mole of a certain party send to create havoc in the SDP (singapore decomcratic party) of which Chiam Chee Tong was the head. Thanks to Chee, Chaim had to step down and leave the party. Which makes one think.... has he gotten into any real trouble and also as some have mentioned, where does his funding come from?
    Noted! politics to me is as brutal as terrorist..
    but anyway better not OT any more, and stick closely to CS forums rules..

Gui ... it 's not that CS photographers got no lampachee ....it is just that we have other priorities which we feel are more important than to record such stupid "historical event".... I am sure if there is a war, many of us will be shooting since there is no office to go, and nothing else to do, no models to shoot, etc ...

We are all like this because our "Great Leaders" knew and know how to have full control of our interests. They make sure each one of us own a property (99 years and mortgaged to the banks), clean and green country, no disturbances, real or perceived threats, etc... We are all so at peace with ourselves here that there is no way we want to risk our "freedom" with some heroic actions.
    With or without lampachee, your words are not going to move our lazy asses to do anything coz we know we can leave everything to our Great Leaders to handle ... be it the Big Brother up North, or the IMF, World Bank, global communities ....
    always the Light, .... always.

lol the consipracy theories. Dr chee is a hawker selling his books at MRT stations and Raffles Place I'm sure u guys should have seen him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    Think about his situation a little. He's got no (obvious) full time job, except being the secretary-general of his party. And I dun think his party can afford to give him a comfortable salary.

The money has to come from somewhere. And I seriously doubt he has a lot of local financial support. So that leaves overseas funding as a real possibility.

So who are the people/organisations that would fund him? What would these people/organisation's motivations and objectives be to fund him? How will these people decide if he is worth funding?

Dig a little deeper into him, and you'll see where his real motivation comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Gui ... it 's not that CS photographers got no lampachee ....it is just that we have other priorities which we feel are more important than to record such stupid "historical event".... I am sure if there is a war, many of us will be shooting since there is no office to go, and nothing else to do, no models to shoot, etc ... .
    By then we will be shooting with M16 not DSLR liao

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo

Hey how the hell do you make any money if doing any politically incorrect is gonna get you into trouble in your country?

I don't agree with his methods but I think that ultimately he may actually be concerned about the country
    Just because I get my money from somewhere else doesn't mean I'm sucking the **** of whoever's funding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Gui ... it 's not that CS photographers got no lampachee ....it is just that we have other priorities which we feel are more important than to record such stupid "historical event".... I am sure if there is a war, many of us will be shooting since there is no office to go, and nothing else to do, no models to shoot, etc ...

We are all like this because our "Great Leaders" knew and know how to have full control of our interests. They make sure each one of us own a property (99 years and mortgaged to the banks), clean and green country, no disturbances, real or perceived threats, etc... We are all so at peace with ourselves here that there is no way we want to risk our "freedom" with some heroic actions.
    With or without lampachee, your words are not going to move our lazy asses to do anything coz we know we can leave everything to our Great Leaders to handle ... be it the Big Brother up North, or the IMF, World Bank, global communities ....
    I'll bring my camera along when i go to war.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast