Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Is 4hr enough at JBP?

  1. #1

    Exclamation Is 4hr enough at JBP?

    i'm thinking of going JBP to test out my 'skills' later. but i can onli reach around 2 and the closing time is 6. is 4 hrs sufficient to walk ard the whole park and shooting??!! long time din go liao so no idea how big the park is.... dun wanna make it a wasted incomplete trip... thanks..

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Re: Is 4hr enough at JBP?

    Originally posted by hackie
    i'm thinking of going JBP to test out my 'skills' later. but i can onli reach around 2 and the closing time is 6. is 4 hrs sufficient to walk ard the whole park and shooting??!! long time din go liao so no idea how big the park is.... dun wanna make it a wasted incomplete trip... thanks..
    my take is just go.........even if u came back with only a few keeper shots, at least u went there to see the ground, and the next time u go, you will know how to walk around.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  3. #3

    Default

    thanks reddawn.. think i'll go tmlo then.. dun wanna waste $12.. keke..

  4. #4
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    I'd would suggest you check the programmes...certain shows are conducted in the morning, i.e. hornbills while some inthe afternoon...besides the lighting conditions will be very different, not to mention the energy level of the birds...

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally posted by AdamGoi
    I'd would suggest you check the programmes...certain shows are conducted in the morning, i.e. hornbills while some inthe afternoon...besides the lighting conditions will be very different, not to mention the energy level of the birds...
    thanks adam. went on sunday. stopid weather alternating btwn sunny, overcast and drizzle..... pissed... :P

  6. #6
    ClubSNAP Admin Edmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,340

    Default Re: Is 4hr enough at JBP?

    Originally posted by hackie
    i'm thinking of going JBP to test out my 'skills' later. but i can onli reach around 2 and the closing time is 6. is 4 hrs sufficient to walk ard the whole park and shooting??!! long time din go liao so no idea how big the park is.... dun wanna make it a wasted incomplete trip... thanks..
    If you do quite a bit of shooting (and waiting around for the birds to "get into" position), no, 4 hrs is far from enough to cover the entire park. In fact, do try to target certain species of birds on certain days and timeslots once you have gone through the whole park as different types of birds will be more active during different parts of the day.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Re: Is 4hr enough at JBP?

    Originally posted by Edmund
    If you do quite a bit of shooting (and waiting around for the birds to "get into" position), no, 4 hrs is far from enough to cover the entire park. In fact, do try to target certain species of birds on certain days and timeslots once you have gone through the whole park as different types of birds will be more active during different parts of the day.
    thanks for the tip, edmund. did a ground recce covering the whole park and shoot when i have the chance. my poor gf was tired out... hee.. hope to join u seasoned birds in the next outing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    bring your DBS/POSB card if you have any and save 20% off the entrance fee.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  9. #9

    Default

    should apply for membership and will save more $$ if you think you will go back a few times ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    bring your DBS/POSB card if you have any and save 20% off the entrance fee.
    ya. did tat. $9.20 after discount.. hehe..

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb
    should apply for membership and will save more $$ if you think you will go back a few times ...
    dun think i'll go so often although i go boon lay every sun (send my gf home) *pengz*
    very far leh... hehe...

    saw a guy using pro90 on a monopod. tot it's u.. but remember seeing ur pic b4.. hmm.. u r not tat old and errr..... slim..... hehee.....

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by hackie


    dun think i'll go so often although i go boon lay every sun (send my gf home) *pengz*
    very far leh... hehe...

    saw a guy using pro90 on a monopod. tot it's u.. but remember seeing ur pic b4.. hmm.. u r not tat old and errr..... slim..... hehee.....
    i see .. with the membership , u can take your time to focus on certain type of birds you like.... just like willy

    old man using pro 90 + monopod ? I saw him b4 during my previous trip .. he saw my pro 90 + b300 and started to ask me where to get it ... I think he is the regular there ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb


    i see .. with the membership , u can take your time to focus on certain type of birds you like.... just like willy

    old man using pro 90 + monopod ? I saw him b4 during my previous trip .. he saw my pro 90 + b300 and started to ask me where to get it ... I think he is the regular there ...
    he was using B300 and some kinda flat flash.. and he keeps getting into my way when i try to shoot....!@#$%^&*()

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •