Thread: Photoshop Course for Newbies II (weekend classes)

Default Photoshop Course for Newbies II (weekend classes)

Photoshop Course for Newbies II (weekend classes)

Hello,

the registration for the second course is now opened!

The tentative dates and time will be as follows.

Dates: 14 Oct 2006 (Saturday) and 15 Oct 2006 (Sunday)

Time: 10am to 1pm for both days (with breaks in-between)

Venue: Jurong East

Course fees: $100 per person, $80 per person for any two who sign up together.

What to Expect at the Course
    a. Immediately and effectively apply Photoshop image-processing tools for digital photographs commonly encountered in amateur photographic situations.

b. Acquire key concepts and their associated jargon to being to read and understand the enormous amount of material on Photoshop available in print and on the web.

c. Learn and experiment with new tools and techniques, and make discoveries for oneself.

Course contents
    The contents of this course will be the same as the first course but will be reorgranized into 2 sessions, 3 hrs each.

Tonal Adjustments:
    Layers, Adjustments, Blending, Masking, Levels and Curves

Selections:
    Magic Wand, Lasso, Magnetic Knife, Drawing Pen, Colour Range and Clipping Masks

Portraitures:
    Shadow & highlight, Cloning, Patching, Softening, B&W Conversion via Channel Mixer, Montages

Profile of Instructor
    A retired engineer, the instructor has been a photographer for more than 20 years and has dabbled in Photoshop ever since turning digital some 5 years ago. He has conducted informal Photoshop courses for newbies and it was these experiences that motivated the creation and conduct of this course. He has also organized photo exhibitions at a local cafe and photo competitions online. A glimpse of his works can be seen here.

Registration
    Please register at bephotoshopped@yahoo.com, providing your name and contact no.

A deposit of $40 is required to secure a place in the course. The remaining amount will be collected at the first lesson. The payment method for the deposit will be provided upon registration.

Hear from you soon!

Default Photoshopped examples

Before

After

Before

After

Other examples can be found here.

Default Reference to the first course

Sorry, there is a typo in the hyperlink to the thread of the first course, and I can't edit it.

The thread is at http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=216361 .

Default Closing date for registration

The closing date for registration is 1 Oct 2006.

Default Re: Photoshop Course for Newbies II (weekend classes)

Hey there,

I am very new to digital photography and therefore the digital darkroom as well. I would love to learn anything and everything there is to know about Photoshop. I have tried learning from the Photoshop for Windows & Macintosh CS2 book with no real success.

Unfortunately, I am due to have a baby on the 17th of October and as a result am likely to miss this course as much as I would like to be there.

Can you tell me how often these weekend courses are run? Or if there is someone who is willing to offer private tuition over the next few weeks? And at what cost?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBug View Post
    Hey there,

Unfortunately, I am due to have a baby on the 17th of October and as a result am likely to miss this course as much as I would like to be there.

Can you tell me how often these weekend courses are run? Or if there is someone who is willing to offer private tuition over the next few weeks? And at what cost?

Cheers
    Hi Lovebug,

I have replied your email. Will keep you update on the courses.

We have also received requests from others who are keen in the course at other dates. Hence we are in the midst of reviewing the course to better cater to future participants.

Default Updates

Upon reviewing our course, we are making the following changes:

1. Class size
    We are reducing the size of the class to about 4 persons so that we can give more attention to each attendee. Because of this change, we have to raise the course fee to $120 per person.

2. Change of dates
    In addition, with the queries and requests of some who have expressed their interest in the course, we will reschedule the date of this weekend course over 2 Sunday mornings, 15th and 22nd Oct. This will give the participants more time to digest what they have learnt, for much contents will be packed within each session.

We think these changes will better aid the participants in their learning progress.

Default Updated course details

Dates: 15 Oct 2006 (Sunday) and 22 Oct 2006 (Sunday)

Course fees: $120 per person

Closing date for registration: 1st Oct 2006.

If you are unable to come for this course but are keen in future courses, please email me at bephotoshopped@yahoo.com. I will email you with updates of the courses. When we receive sufficient responses, we will start a class.

Thank you for the response! We have closed the registration for Course II, as we have enough students for the class.

But we are planning for Course III and will post its details soon! Please email me if you like to be informed of future courses.

Default Photoshop Course for Newbies III (weekend classes)

Hi!

With the favourable responses that we received, we will start another course on the same weekend. Its details are as follows.

Dates: 14 Oct 2006 (Saturday) and 21 Oct 2006 (Saturday)

Course fees: $120 per person

Closing date for registration: 1st Oct 2006.

Please register with your name and contact no. via bephotoshopped@yahoo.com . Hear from you soon!

Default Vacancies left

Hello,

I still have 2 vacancies for the Saturday classes. If you are interested in this course, do sign up with us soon!

Default Vacanies

I still have vacancies for the Saturday classes (14th and 21st Oct). Anyone keen to sign up? Please email me.

Default Last call

The Saturday class (14 and 21 Oct) can accomodate 1 more person. Email me if you are keen.

The work of the instructor can be viewed here.

Hi guys!

Thank you for your responses and interest, even for future courses, through numerous emails. I will post you details when we organize our next course.

Free to make enquiries at bephotoshopped@yahoo.com . You can also PM me.

NEW COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello World!

Due to accumulating interests expressed in PMs and emails, we will be conducting another course shortly.

Please email me at bephotoshopped@yahoo.com for details.

It is likely to be a weekend course, and it will help a lot if you can indicate what days and dates are good for you.

But all requests will be entertained and strived to be met. So drop me all your queries and clarifications or comments to the above email.

Thank you very much for your attention!