Thread: MacBook Pro and LCD

Default MacBook Pro and LCD

Thinking of upgrading my ibook to a MacBook Pro.

Beside being portability, was thinking of using it to double up as a desktop. Is it able to connect easily to a external LCD and get the colours to be caliberated correctly?

Else I will look into a PowerMac and stick to my ibook.

Deregistered

Default Re: MacBook Pro and LCD

Yes, it's very easy, similar to your iBook only that the MBP comes with the full DVI connection so if your LCD doesn't support DVI, you will need to get a DVI-Analog converter (I use in the office) and it'll be fine.

You should a Mac Pro if you want an Apple desktop.

I just gotten my MacBook. A good choice indeed.

External LCD is easily connected, not to mentioned if you get the Mac Cinematic screen which ois the Best!

I was tempted to get the MacBook too but decided to wait for the Intel Core 2 Duo version to be released. The Intel Core 2 Duo version of the iMac seems to be about $200 cheaper than the existing slower Core Duo version. Maybe the Core 2 Duo Macbook would also be cheaper.

i am also planning for it......

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    I was tempted to get the MacBook too but decided to wait for the Intel Core 2 Duo version to be released. The Intel Core 2 Duo version of the iMac seems to be about $200 cheaper than the existing slower Core Duo version. Maybe the Core 2 Duo Macbook would also be cheaper.
    Technology keep moving.. no point waiting.