Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lens for macro photography

Default Re: Lens for macro photography

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    Clubsnap - Buy and Sell

ooh ic. other than buying from clubsnap, do you know where can buy locally at shops? its because i need it urgently.

Quote Originally Posted by spikezz
    ooh ic. other than buying from clubsnap, do you know where can buy locally at shops? its because i need it urgently.
    eh i dono... personally im not using KM/sony system so never really go look at KM stuffs... just happen that my friend is using a KM5D and got that lens thats why i know about it

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    eh i dono... personally im not using KM/sony system so never really go look at KM stuffs... just happen that my friend is using a KM5D and got that lens thats why i know about it

ahhhaa ok. now i am wondering where can i get camera lenses. do you know of a place something like sim lim square which are for computer stuffs but for camera stuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti
    You got to first decide what kind of macro photos you will be taking.

60mm is an excellent lens. However, it lacks the working distance (minimum focusing distance at which you obtain 1:1 magnification). You might require if you want to shoot bugs. It also pose some challange in lighting the subject too because you are so close to the subject.

90mm or 105mm gives you more working distance, while 180mm or 200mm is the ultimate for bugs shooter.

This is good advise ....
    Now I got to really reconsider if I should get the Nikon 60mm or ... ???
    Thanks ....

Thumbs up Re: Lens for macro photography

Do consider the Nikkor AF Micro 60mm f/2.8D. For S$600, it's a good lens to begin with. I also own it and have been very pleased wtih its results. See the following photo for example: -

"A teacher is never late; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123