Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lens for macro photography

Default Re: Lens for macro photography

Quote Originally Posted by nikonever
    sigma also not bad, but its mag ratio is 2:1
    not truly macro.
    correction... it should be 1:2... 2:1 mean that its magnification is even bigger than normal 1:1 macro lens such as Nikkor 105VR and tamron 90mm

Quote Originally Posted by nikonever
    tamron 90mm.
    2nd hand ard $450.
    cheap and good..

a good start

You got to first decide what kind of macro photos you will be taking.

60mm is an excellent lens. However, it lacks the working distance (minimum focusing distance at which you obtain 1:1 magnification). You might require if you want to shoot bugs. It also pose some challange in lighting the subject too because you are so close to the subject.

90mm or 105mm gives you more working distance, while 180mm or 200mm is the ultimate for bugs shooter.
    Last edited by Scaglietti; 15th September 2006 at 03:13 PM.

which macro lens for shooting products such as rings, jewellery's is good? which is to be used on alpha 100. someone please do advise me. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spikezz
    which macro lens for shooting products such as rings, jewellery's is good? which is to be used on alpha 100. someone please do advise me. thanks.
    something like a 50mm f2.8 macro (minolta)... 90-100+mm is a little too far for those kind of shots

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    something like a 50mm f2.8 macro (minolta)... 90-100+mm is a little too far for those kind of shots

oh but how much will it cost? but is the sigma macro lens good too? such as the 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC or the 19-50mm f3.5-5.6 DC.

oh but how much will it cost? but is the sigma macro lens good too? such as the 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC or the 19-50mm f3.5-5.6 DC.
    those ain't real macro lens. if you are serious in shooting close-up or macro, it will be better to get a real macro lens else just get those tele lens with "macro" function. but those lens will hardly get you close enough for jewel on ring...etc

ooh ok. ya i need clear pictures of those kind of products, those with macro function cant really go that close to the object. i tried it out. it is digitalised. and where can i get those lenses and cheap??

i would like to also ask you in comparison with sigma APO 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG MACRO and SONY Lens 75-300mm f4.5-5.6? which one is better? thanks.

i would like to also ask you in comparison with sigma APO 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG MACRO and SONY Lens 75-300mm f4.5-5.6? which one is better? thanks.
    no idea... but one thing im pretty sure is that you will not want to use that 2 lens to take close up of jewel/ring... the working distance is toooooo far. sigma is 95cm which is way to far for this kind of shoot.

no idea... but one thing im pretty sure is that you will not want to use that 2 lens to take close up of jewel/ring... the working distance is toooooo far. sigma is 95cm which is way to far for this kind of shoot.

oh haha no those two lenses are not for macro shooting. its for further shooting, for objects cant be gone close too. i asked because i am getting to choose from either these 2 lenses for free. so i want to know which one is good in terms of clarity and so on. haha cause i myself not sure.

oh haha no those two lenses are not for macro shooting. its for further shooting, for objects cant be gone close too. i asked because i am getting to choose from either these 2 lenses for free. so i want to know which one is good in terms of clarity and so on. haha cause i myself not sure.
    erm... not very sure about the sony 75-300... but if you are comparing between sigma/tamron 70-300 and even the canon 75-300 and nikon 70-300, sigma seems to offer the best priceerformance ratio. so theres a high chance sigma will be better than sony as well.

erm... not very sure about the sony 75-300... but if you are comparing between sigma/tamron 70-300 and even the canon 75-300 and nikon 70-300, sigma seems to offer the best priceerformance ratio. so theres a high chance sigma will be better than sony as well.
    Sony = previously Minolta which produces very good lenses too.

so what would be a good macro lens for small still life products & food?? a 50mm??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miki-chan
    so what would be a good macro lens for small still life products & food?? a 50mm??
    yes around there

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti
    Sony = previously Minolta which produces very good lenses too.
    yup, i know... i didn't say that they produce lousy lens. im just saying that by comparing amoung the 70-300 range, sigma seems to offer the best price to performance ratio.

does anyone have any idea where i can get the minolta 50mm macro lens? and how much??

does anyone have any idea where i can get the minolta 50mm macro lens? and how much??
    erm... should be Sony 50mm macro now... anyway i got a friend who got his minolta 50mm few mths back from BnS @ about $250

erm... should be Sony 50mm macro now... anyway i got a friend who got his minolta 50mm few mths back from BnS @ about $250

the sony macro 50mm is not out yet, i heard it would be out only at the end of this month. where is BnS?

the sony macro 50mm is not out yet, i heard it would be out only at the end of this month. where is BnS?
    Clubsnap - Buy and Sell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast