Thread: Formatting of CF Card!

Default Formatting of CF Card!

Hi there,
    I am wondering how often do I need to format my CF card. Is it necessary to format my CF card everytime I have transfered all my images into the PC & start taking new pics?

Hehe,

It's almost like asking how often your format your hdd.

I format mine once in a while, let's say every 2 or 3 weeks

Default Re: Formatting of CF Card!

Originally posted by bimmer
    Hi there,
    I am wondering how often do I need to format my CF card. Is it necessary to format my CF card everytime I have transfered all my images into the PC & start taking new pics?
    According to the "expert", The life span of a CF card is 100,000 years. So its quite ok to format it all the time. Flash is not like HD, so it is basically quite safe to format it often. I like to format my card when all the images are old ones, or when I feel to...

cheers

hmm so it mean format as u like?
    and it wont spoil like bad sector like HD?
    i also doubt flash memory got bad sector like a HD isit?
    like to verify it too.

I format the card every time I have transferred the files, because it's faster than the "Delete All" function. You will also probably enjoy better performance because there will be no file fragmentation if you format rather than delete.

oke good learn someting new today

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    I format the card every time I have transferred the files, because it's faster than the "Delete All" function. You will also probably enjoy better performance because there will be no file fragmentation if you format rather than delete.
    Maybe fragmentation is bad, but not that bad. Is that really matters if your file is fragment, we are talking about less than 2MB file. Not like HD PC. But still format is better in the sense is faster than to erase it one by one.