Thread: Asking about extended warranty from HN or courts

Default Asking about extended warranty from HN or courts

Am wondering so far anyone had the experience of claiming the extended warranty before? Those 2nd & 3rd year warranty cover by those big stores.
    Do they really exchange with an equivalent set when your current equipment is beyond repair and obsoleted?

Is it really worth paying that $200 extra for the coverage?
    Please share your views and experience here.

Default Re: Asking about extended warranty from HN or courts

Anyone?

yes i did!

my toshi pda gave way after 2years +. 1st time send for repair they absorb the whole cost of the repair. second time send in for repair again, they gave me a choice to change as the repair cost is too high. However, beside topping up the price differences if the new set is more expensive, i'll also have to "pay" for the 1st repair cost too.

another incident ... pioneer dvd recorder is also giving problems on & off.. so far send in for repair for abt 3 times... all bills taken care by the extended warranty.

both extended warranties are covered by Havey Norman. The minus point abt their warranty is that
    1) you have to take care of the service charge if no parts fault is found to the claims. and the repair cost must not exceed yr purchase cost. if it does, you will have to top up the difference if you insist on a repair. otherwise, they will usually change the set for you.

2) each time you send in for repair, they will "charge" that to yr account. Hence taking away yr rights to change for a brand new set. If at some point of the warranty they decided that you justify for a brand new equip, they will take away what ever cost you have incurred in the repair. The balance $$ will then be credited exchange set. Hence, it ended that you will usually have to top up for the new equip even it is means the same product.

I've jus enquired on courts extended warranty today. theirs comes with
    1) unlimited repairs and replacments.
    2)immediate replacment of the product after 3rd repair. (but I forgot to ask will the cost of the former repair be taken in consideration)

However, Courts EW is a 100S$ more expensive than BestD. and 63$ more ex than HN.
    base on a S$ 1200+ product, the EW from courts is S$ 260+

Hve no experience from Best before but heard theirs is base on % share between end user and EW. (dont quote me for this. I hear say also)

In my opinion, it is worth getting the EW if the selling price is above S$ 500/-
    Last edited by globalshooter; 10th September 2006 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks globalshooter!

Very informative! Seems like Courts EW is much better though it is slightly ex...

Hmm.. so it seems like the exchange for a new set is after not free one to one exhange? I still have to top up money to exchange for a new set?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukoo
    Thanks globalshooter!

Very informative! Seems like Courts EW is much better though it is slightly ex...

Hmm.. so it seems like the exchange for a new set is after not free one to one exhange? I still have to top up money to exchange for a new set?
    hey juz brought my stuff fr courts ealier today witn EW.
    theirs is one to one exchange at no additional cost.

hope these info helps.

Thanks dude! very helpful!