Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Singapore Spruce Up - Power of the caucasians

Smile Re: The Great Singapore Spruce Up - Power of the caucasians

despite sprucing up efforts, the annual haze is threathening to cloud us over now. see if the organiser can come up with solutions to combat the haze. haha!

Default Re: The Great Singapore Spruce Up - Power of the caucasians

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    despite sprucing up efforts, the annual haze is threathening to cloud us over now. see if the organiser can come up with solutions to combat the haze. haha!
    Cloud seeding to creat rain. Rain will wash down the particles in the air. Visitors will get wet. We will sell more umbrellas and camera water-proof housings.

It's just our culture, cannot blame the picture.

1) Its a fact we look up to white skin. For the young, its cool to be seen with ang moh friends.
    2) Girls like to be seen with angmoh, their social standing immediately shoot up regardless of their family background
    3) At restaurants and other places, angmoh always get no 1 service
    4) When whites speaks and say anything, people sit up and listen.
    5) Whites are always regarded as more cultured and class
    6) Whites smile at girls, girls say he so charming, asian smile at girl, they say he dirty minded

So its nothing new......

2 Things as a general remark from an Angmoh who's been living 2 years here already :

- About the imperialism stuff and bashing "White guys" : Is this our fault if Singaporean change their behaviour in front of us while they do no effort in front of themselves ??? Who's to blame ?

- About 1st top service to Angmoh : I wish I can give it away to anybody willing to take it while going to SLS or Newton circus and getting systematically harrassed by people taking me for a stupid tourist trying to sell stuff at incredible prices...

Think about the 2 sides of the coin...

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    It's just our culture, cannot blame the picture.

6) Whites smile at girls, girls say he so charming, asian smile at girl, they say he dirty minded

So its nothing new......
    Hmmm yeah maybe that's what you think.

Maybe also, decent and respectuous "White Guys" are systematically considering as willing to find a "one night stand" even when they have true feelings and just genuinely interested by the person... We'll find out who's more chance to get a real date...

Charming meh ?

Wonder how pre-IMF sprucing is linked to caucasians... IMF oso got asian delegates leh...

Recently, places like Orchard and city area, more plants are planted.
    i notice that more and more plants are up. Gahmeh even resort to using potted flowers(those sold at pasar malam/shops)-seen 2 days ago. I can see how despo they want to make SG to b a real Garden City.

Wonder once IMF is over, does the plants stay or go?

Wonder why ppl think whites r tat great...they oso drink water, eat, breathe the same air, come out frm the same place... got difference meh... different colour only mah...

PS: I agree wif the smiling at girls/guys/photographer... smile at relative oso think we wan to borrow $$.
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Why the negativity? Can't we all think about it as more positive, all it takes is a individual to start the ball rolling. Look at Thailand, the people are warm and nice, and why are they the land of smiles?

It is so easy to say " oh, we are like that lor, cannot change..", " you will only see good service to Ang mohs" , blah blah balh....

If the thinking mindset is so small, then we as a nation of people will never grow..

my 1 cent
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam
    Wonder how pre-IMF sprucing is linked to caucasians... IMF oso got asian delegates leh...

Recently, places like Orchard and city area, more plants are planted.
    i notice that more and more plants are up. Gahmeh even resort to using potted flowers(those sold at pasar malam/shops)-seen 2 days ago. I can see how despo they want to make SG to b a real Garden City.

Wonder once IMF is over, does the plants stay or go?
    Yah I saw that! Lol...now Orchard Rd now looks like a huge plant nursery or SBG or something! Now very colourful lol.

I think the plants will go once IMF is over...

IMF ==== Incoming Money Forever ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Yah I saw that! Lol...now Orchard Rd now looks like a huge plant nursery or SBG or something! Now very colourful lol.

I think the plants will go once IMF is over...
    hmm...But i think the plants at orchard abit distracting. Look nice lah...but i cant see my bus coming when standing next to e bus stop.
    At least plant at the side where there is no bus lane....
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    that is why i believe in a tipping society.
    tipping for most customer related services
    people will reap what they sow and will wake up their ideas when they cannot put food on their table.
    Yeah...right...the bosses can then take advantage of it and pay them below market price.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiip
    Hmmm yeah maybe that's what you think.

Maybe also, decent and respectuous "White Guys" are systematically considering as willing to find a "one night stand" even when they have true feelings and just genuinely interested by the person... We'll find out who's more chance to get a real date...

Charming meh ?

I dont say that some white fellows are after a decent real relationship and Im not blaming them. I blame my own kind for wanting to grovel before a race deemed as superior. And it's the same in Asia, thailand, indonesia etc. Have met asian girls who say this "I will never date a local... they are... so uncool, so unclass. Only whites for me" For your info, I am not sour grapes cos I was not after them. and I am dating an expat girl by the way.

For your question of getting touts in your face at Newton haha, we all get that too. Chinese or White.

Its just the pinkerton syndrome in which the local populace see anything white as best and deem that it should get no 1 treatment. And when asians come into the picture, they are treated so differently just because they are asians. Even our local TV. I cannot understand why must we keep getting hosts and actors with american accents and promote them... Like they are some kind of top star.....

...For your info, I am not sour grapes cos I was not after them. and I am dating an expat girl by the way.
    So you counter attack?

Phildate
    Guests

I'm off for fish and chips and it's great to drive on some freshly tarmacced roads...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Why the negativity? Can't we all think about it as more positive, all it takes is a individual to start the ball rolling. Look at Thailand, the people are warm and nice, and why are they the land of smiles?

It is so easy to say " oh, we are like that lor, cannot change..", " you will only see good service to Ang mohs" , blah blah balh....

If the thinking mindset is so small, then we as a nation of people will never grow..

my 1 cent
    I like that train of thought

I dont say that some white fellows are after a decent real relationship and Im not blaming them. I blame my own kind for wanting to grovel before a race deemed as superior. And it's the same in Asia, thailand, indonesia etc. Have met asian girls who say this "I will never date a local... they are... so uncool, so unclass. Only whites for me" For your info, I am not sour grapes cos I was not after them. and I am dating an expat girl by the way.

For your question of getting touts in your face at Newton haha, we all get that too. Chinese or White.

Its just the pinkerton syndrome in which the local populace see anything white as best and deem that it should get no 1 treatment. And when asians come into the picture, they are treated so differently just because they are asians. Even our local TV. I cannot understand why must we keep getting hosts and actors with american accents and promote them... Like they are some kind of top star.....

There's the pinkerston syndrome, and Yellow Fever has been going on in North America for a while too!

I like your answer...

For info, I'd rather go for a girl that is more conservative to asian values than the one easy easy to get simply coz am angmoh one... I get sick with this too...

I dun understand neither why white are so superior... different yes.. but superior...

And for the TV stuff, one think that surprised me when i arrived here is that most of ads you see on the walls are using Caucasians... why not Asian hu ???

Quote Originally Posted by Fiip

And for the TV stuff, one think that surprised me when i arrived here is that most of ads you see on the walls are using Caucasians... why not Asian hu ???

Well Im in media and I quote my clients' comments

"I want only caucasian models because my product will look/be

1) Class
    2) Exculsive
    3) Good
    4) Global

Reading between the lines means White represent high class, asians represent low class.

And my client is a high ranking executive of an MNC and yes he is asian.

We should go to europe/usa snap those hungry & starving white guys...
    Then do an exhibition...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast