Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66

Thread: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

  1. #1
    Senior Member sykestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    studiospace
    Posts
    5,550

    Default What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    I had this very bad experience. One of the Csers in CS appeared friendly to me earlier as he purchase some items from me. As such to return him this friendliness, I had bring him ard and show him some good lobangs of which he got 2 of his favourite lenses from my supplier in HK at dealer price. On top of that, as he help me to bring some stuff back, I sponsored part of his airfare to HK as well.

    However, in recent mths he thought he had already on par in terms of photography skills, knowledge, etc, he started to talk big with me. Which I have now seen his true colours and had got rid of him as a friend.

    However during a recent stock count, I found out that a set of Metz Colour Gels for the Metz 54MZ4 flash is missing. On recap, I remember he, the CSer, borrowed it to test when I first take stock from my supplier and I don't remember him returning me.

    Now I have send PMs and SMS to him demanding for the set of colour gels to be returned to me immediately and all this while he ignores me. Just for info, a brand new set of Metz 54MZ4 colours cost ard $80.

    So I am asking for suggestions from fellow CSers here on what options can I take to get the stuff back. As of current, I have refrain to mention nicks or name as I still give him some face and not to tarnish his reputation. Main reason is that he don't seems to be that kind of person, unless he really push me to the limits and proof me otherwise.

    And hope he sees this thread and reply to me immediately.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

  2. #2

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    if you have tried contacting him, but to no avail, yhou could consider taking legal action.
    but the cost of $80 is not worth it.

    maybe you could identify this person to us for the benefit of this community.

  3. #3

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    as triumph would have put it: Scumbag.
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

  4. #4
    Member Taurean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    White Elephants Town
    Posts
    1,700

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    This kind of person

    Quote Originally Posted by GmbH.
    if you have tried contacting him, but to no avail, yhou could consider taking legal action.
    but the cost of $80 is not worth it.
    Agreed not worth to take legal action. Look from another point of view, lucky using $80 to see the real color of a person not at a higher cost.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by sykestang
    I had this very bad experience. One of the Csers in CS appeared friendly to me earlier as he purchase some items from me. As such to return him this friendliness, I had bring him ard and show him some good lobangs of which he got 2 of his favourite lenses from my supplier in HK at dealer price. On top of that, as he help me to bring some stuff back, I sponsored part of his airfare to HK as well.

    However, in recent mths he thought he had already on par in terms of photography skills, knowledge, etc, he started to talk big with me. Which I have now seen his true colours and had got rid of him as a friend.

    However during a recent stock count, I found out that a set of Metz Colour Gels for the Metz 54MZ4 flash is missing. On recap, I remember he, the CSer, borrowed it to test when I first take stock from my supplier and I don't remember him returning me.

    Now I have send PMs and SMS to him demanding for the set of colour gels to be returned to me immediately and all this while he ignores me. Just for info, a brand new set of Metz 54MZ4 colours cost ard $80.

    So I am asking for suggestions from fellow CSers here on what options can I take to get the stuff back. As of current, I have refrain to mention nicks or name as I still give him some face and not to tarnish his reputation. Main reason is that he don't seems to be that kind of person, unless he really push me to the limits and proof me otherwise.

    And hope he sees this thread and reply to me immediately.
    Well, what can u expect my friend? Stuff like these get pretty sickening at times. U teach, the chap copies and the other idiot gets the credit, u get the grass.

    I am not really sure abt what sort of legal action u can take against him, since 'theft' (which carries an extremely heavy penalty) seemed pretty out.

    Maybe u're too nice liaoz (cos that's the impression u gave me at D&D). Some ppl, they'd just simply step all over one's kindness and generosity. For idiots like these, I feel - no need to give face.

    PM and SMS him 3 more times giving him a total of 72hrs for a reply. That's 3 chances u're giving him. Failing which, simply expose his nick, contact number and face to this community so everyone would know his chao kuan pattern. Its for the benefit of all.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  6. #6

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    this kind of pple also hv ..
    $80 .. reveal his nick

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Hello Brother,

    It is ok lah....no need to proceed with further trouble for just $80 sake....
    It will cost you much more if you take legal action (not only money, but time also....)
    just ignore this kind of person.....
    I have dealt with this kind of person many times and trust me.....
    save your energy and time for better things.....
    anyway..... upzz for you.....

  8. #8

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    legal proceedings to ex...

    just threatento report him fortheft to police..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean
    This kind of person



    Agreed not worth to take legal action. Look from another point of view, lucky using $80 to see the real color of a person not at a higher cost.
    cannot leh... he got color gel, so can change keep changing color sorry... lousy joke
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  10. #10

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by stprmit
    Hello Brother,

    It is ok lah....no need to proceed with further trouble for just $80 sake....
    It will cost you much more if you take legal action (not only money, but time also....)
    just ignore this kind of person.....
    I have dealt with this kind of person many times and trust me.....
    save your energy and time for better things.....
    anyway..... upzz for you.....
    Agree however, it will be kind of you to expose this "joker"... since he is a black sheep, expose him will prevent other CSer from being harmed again, especially nice guys like you doing MO for the public.

  11. #11
    Senior Member sykestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    studiospace
    Posts
    5,550

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    I am still giving him a last chance. I am not the type of person who would destory someone's reputation for $80.

    It's just that it find it not worth as I lost a good set of toys. For those who uses a metz flash will know what kind of fun the metz colour gel can give you... Just for info, here is the link to the colour gel itself... http://www.metz.de/zubehoer_popup.ph...141&sprachID=2

    For those who are not metz users, the colour filter gels are hard acrylic plastic that will not affect the flash exposure. It is a thin plastic that caps onto the flash head. Can do quite a few creative shots. But now....
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    for me hor, quite simple lah, everyone have a value, this frenship of yours just worth $80 bucks... he is cheap lah... consider the fact i got a standing record of 1 worth more than 10k... and i know ppl who's frenship cost more than millions... thats life... everything got a value, some things have more value than others... for anything else, its priceless...

    maybe i give u $80 bucks, u tell me is siang... joking lah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy
    Agree however, it will be kind of you to expose this "joker"... since he is a black sheep, expose him will prevent other CSer from being harmed again, especially nice guys like you doing MO for the public.
    not teaching the joker something nice, but then again, anything without concrete proof and then degrading him will let him have the opportunity to engage a lawyer to sue t.s defamation... think about it... anything goes thru the lawyer will count in Ks... Singapore quite well-known for defamation cases, anything also defamation... so just beware...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    just treat it as u lost this friend for $80. i had seen these kind of ppls in my life too. Cheer bro.

  15. #15

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by sykestang
    However during a recent stock count, I found out that a set of Metz Colour Gels for the Metz 54MZ4 flash is missing. On recap, I remember he, the CSer, borrowed it to test when I first take stock from my supplier and I don't remember him returning me.
    you need to be 100% sure on this - did he borrow the metz with gels? and did he return it with the gels?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    you need to be 100% sure on this - did he borrow the metz with gels? and did he return it with the gels?
    u borrowed?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by sykestang
    I am still giving him a last chance. I am not the type of person who would destory someone's reputation for $80.

    It's just that it find it not worth as I lost a good set of toys. For those who uses a metz flash will know what kind of fun the metz colour gel can give you... Just for info, here is the link to the colour gel itself... http://www.metz.de/zubehoer_popup.ph...141&sprachID=2

    For those who are not metz users, the colour filter gels are hard acrylic plastic that will not affect the flash exposure. It is a thin plastic that caps onto the flash head. Can do quite a few creative shots. But now....
    If desperate enough you can also use a transparent colour foil or colour plastic sheet on flash head. If used on auto mode, make sure it does not block the sensor.

  18. #18

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean
    This kind of person



    Agreed not worth to take legal action. Look from another point of view, lucky using $80 to see the real color of a person not at a higher cost.
    the irony is that it took a set of Metz 54MZ4 colour filters to reveal his true 'colours'.

    if you need help can call 1800-Ah-Long for assistance.
    Last edited by freebsd; 7th September 2006 at 05:09 PM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by freebsd
    the irony is that it took a set of Metz 54MZ4 colour filters to reveal his true 'colours'.
    hahah lol.

    if you need help can call 1800-Ah-Long for assistance.


    True irony... the color of the heart...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #20
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: What should I do if a CSers borrowed some photography stuff and not returning

    Quote Originally Posted by sykestang
    I had this very bad experience. One of the Csers in CS appeared friendly to me earlier as he purchase some items from me. As such to return him this friendliness, I had bring him ard and show him some good lobangs of which he got 2 of his favourite lenses from my supplier in HK at dealer price. On top of that, as he help me to bring some stuff back, I sponsored part of his airfare to HK as well.

    However, in recent mths he thought he had already on par in terms of photography skills, knowledge, etc, he started to talk big with me. Which I have now seen his true colours and had got rid of him as a friend.

    However during a recent stock count, I found out that a set of Metz Colour Gels for the Metz 54MZ4 flash is missing. On recap, I remember he, the CSer, borrowed it to test when I first take stock from my supplier and I don't remember him returning me.

    Now I have send PMs and SMS to him demanding for the set of colour gels to be returned to me immediately and all this while he ignores me. Just for info, a brand new set of Metz 54MZ4 colours cost ard $80.

    So I am asking for suggestions from fellow CSers here on what options can I take to get the stuff back. As of current, I have refrain to mention nicks or name as I still give him some face and not to tarnish his reputation. Main reason is that he don't seems to be that kind of person, unless he really push me to the limits and proof me otherwise.

    And hope he sees this thread and reply to me immediately.
    Understand your point is not because of the $80 but because of disappointment why such a person treat you this way.
    Disappointment, "I treat him so good, why he treat me like that!" Angry but sad .

    Instead of PM or SMS, have you call him yet? I think that will be better. If after a few call and that person still no responce then you consider to take some action. By the way have you search for his recent post in CS to see if he is active but ignoring you?

    Goodluck!
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •