Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COMEX Showgirls.....

Default Re: COMEX Showgirls.....

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    usually they were paid from $120 - $200 daily + commission

Phildate
    Guests

$120 - $200 per day?? As a student, I should think this is pretty good money. Do teachers in Singapore earn $200 a day?? I don't think so. What about nurses? Both probably work a similar amount of hours in day, are on their feet all day too not forgetting the invaluable service they are giving the nation.

It beats working in McDonalds or other F&B establishment, which will only pay about $4 - $6 per hour. Yes the showgirls are on their feet all day, have photogs snapping them constantly but for outgoing girls, they get to work with and talk to people in a fairly decent environment.

When I was a student, I worked in a factory earning the equivalent of $3 per hour (ok, it was some time ago but I don't think the pay has increased that much). It was crappy work too. Not as bad as when I was a toilet cleaner but that was slightly better paid.

Maybe the experience is different here in Singapore compared to the UK where I grew up. I started working at age 13, delivering papers for next to nothing. I worked every summer from age 15 until I finished my degree. Manual labour jobs mainly. They paid ok but I worked damn hard. I think I leared more about life in these jobs than all my formal education.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    $120 - $200 per day?? As a student, I should think this is pretty good money. Do teachers in Singapore earn $200 a day??
    Errr... we don't...
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

After taking on jobs that require hard labour you will appriciate your $$ more. I got paid rougly $4/h for being a kennel assistant, washing kennels and bathing dogs from 9 to 6. It does help if you like what you do though. My sister earnind about $60+ per day as a relif teacher at her pervious JC. It takes alot or prepatory work though...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12