Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: graduation outdoor portraits places

Default Re: graduation outdoor portraits places

Lotsa mood shots can be done there as well using the natural lighting.

Well, sidelight can reflect a lot of things, either desolation, depression or hope, etc.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    A question.

What is YOUR COMPOSITION going to be like?

If u can't even decide ur composition and what you (and ur client) wants to portray, we can suggest even crazy exotic places like Artic with the Polar Bears or Zoo with Ah Meng and ur photos will be at the best - snap shots no different taken with a PnS.

I usually did the other way round which is depend on the surrounding then decide wat composition i want. However, i am sure i want the photos to reflect some achievement, proud or pride kinda feeling. Exotic idea like Old Changi Hospital (OCH), i dun think is not an option. especially when the parent is around.

Quote Originally Posted by copycat
    I usually did the other way round which is depend on the surrounding then decide wat composition i want. However, i am sure i want the photos to reflect some achievement, proud or pride kinda feeling. Exotic idea like Old Changi Hospital (OCH), i dun think is not an option. especially when the parent is around.
    If with parent, the best outdoor scene is still just greenery, to many man made elements are very distracting.

Anyway, for a good outdoor family group photos will has little success, especially with children and elderly, because of the local weather, it will be easier to just have it done in the studio.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

With parents around,i think toa payoh garden will be a very good idea.
    Alot of older folks got married there,so they can reminisce their good old time.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    With parents around,i think toa payoh garden will be a very good idea.
    Alot of older folks got married there,so they can reminisce their good old time.

hmm..toa payoh garden..good idea.
    very popular in the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    If with parent, the best outdoor scene is still just greenery, to many man made elements are very distracting.

Anyway, for a good outdoor family group photos will has little success, especially with children and elderly, because of the local weather, it will be easier to just have it done in the studio.
    totally agree with u

A friend just graduated from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts and they (all of them) had to go to Raffles Photographers at Merchant Court, Selegie to take portrait shot for a fee of $200.
    Nikon D3, AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED, AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED and Speedlight SB-800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12