Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 102

Thread: Thaipusam This Sat

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Can i join u guys
    My india friend will be participating

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    original post edited to update meeting location

    Originally posted by Cool_VIR
    Can i join u guys
    My india friend will be participating
    of course!!!!!

    1. Larry
    2. Dagger
    3. Wolfgang
    4. Digipix
    5. Knighthunter
    6. Scanner
    7. kh73
    8. Que Lynn
    9. nEkOgOtCh
    10. Kiwitan
    11. beachbum
    12. art2d2
    13. Cool_VIR

    ok so that makes it lucky 13...

    gang, think we better fix a date and time. i'd be the facist and decide, so raise your violent objections here, otherwise silence is assent.

    from what i see, there's gonna be 2 processions of kavadis, once @ 11am to 2pm, and another from 2-5pm on Saturday. so let's meet @...

    10am morning @ BUGIS MRT Station on 18th January (Saturday)

    we can make our way to Serangoon ROad from there. comments?
    Last edited by Larry; 17th January 2003 at 04:44 PM.

  3. #43

    Default

    Originally posted by Larry

    from what i see, there's gonna be 2 processions of kavadis, once @ 11am to 2pm, and another from 2-5pm on Saturday.
    Doesn't that make it just one procession of kavadis from 11am to 5pm?

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    One question: the whole event has nothing to do with little India right? Saw some earlier posts of last year, many were taken in Little India.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Originally posted by Derrick
    Doesn't that make it just one procession of kavadis from 11am to 5pm?
    oh yeah, rite. silly me. must be the lack of sleep...

    Originally posted by tomshen
    One question: the whole event has nothing to do with little India right? Saw some earlier posts of last year, many were taken in Little India.
    erm, Serangoon Road IS Little India, tomshen. the SSPT temple is located right smack in the middle of it...

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Larry, from City Hall MRT to Little India is a long walk... Bugis MRT nearer right?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Originally posted by Digipix
    Larry, from City Hall MRT to Little India is a long walk... Bugis MRT nearer right?
    actually, i was planning on taking bus 97 or 131 there... too lazy to hike there...

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Originally posted by Larry
    actually, i was planning on taking bus 97 or 131 there... too lazy to hike there...
    Okie.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Farrer Road
    Posts
    354

    Default

    any1 can suggest any intercept points where there will be more action taking place? or are you all going to follow the entire procession from serangoon till the end point?

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Originally posted by hyun
    any1 can suggest any intercept points where there will be more action taking place? or are you all going to follow the entire procession from serangoon till the end point?
    if i remember the news report i saw on tv correctly, there's supposed to be these photog stations where people can take pixs. we could go there and hunt them down, or just anchor ourselves at a good location and set up shop...

    don't think following the procession is a good idea, as i think we want as much variety as possible, and the procession is a coupla hours long. if we get bored, we could always uproot ourselves and re-location to new position...

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Originally posted by hyun
    any1 can suggest any intercept points where there will be more action taking place? or are you all going to follow the entire procession from serangoon till the end point?
    For street photography, I dun think there is a best view place, and the best place for someone may not work for the others. Follow your basic instinct and spot your own photo opportunities! Try to define your own photography, be it journalism, traditional street type, or candid portraiture. One more suggestion, even u shoot with some other photographers, dun all squeeze at the same spot. Keep moving around and be alert. My best shots were always taken when I shot alone.

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Farrer Road
    Posts
    354

    Default

    or do u know the route the procession will take? i probably can only arrive at past 1 pm on Saturday and don't know what is left of anything at that time.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sin jia por lor...
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Need confirmation on how long will teh whole procession will be because accordin gto my colleague, he said it goes on till nightfall and kavadis at night are lighted..anyone can throw some light on this?

  14. #54
    snowman
    Guests

    Default

    Think i will be 'camping' at Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
    ... around the foot of fort canning...maybe near evening...
    (hope the weather is great then)

  15. #55

    Default

    Can meet you guys at 10.10AM, need to go to Color Lab to collect some photos.

  16. #56

    Default

    Originally posted by shmott
    Need confirmation on how long will teh whole procession will be because accordin gto my colleague, he said it goes on till nightfall and kavadis at night are lighted..anyone can throw some light on this?
    Starts from tonight around 11pm and goes on all the way to tommorrow night. Kavadis only start leaving from around 11am tommorrow morning i think. They try to clear all the faster moving people first (e.g. those carrying milk pots, etc.) Not too sure about the lighted kavadis. There's usually a traffic jam of people towards the end point cos they have to line up to get into the temple.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default UPDATE!!!

    ok people, a bit of changes and updates. i got a last minute seminar to attend tomorrow morning so i won't be the contact point for the meet... instead, please contact Simone (aka "Dagger") on her mobile @ 9838 5414 if you wanna meet up, gonna be late or for anything else. if you can't get her, can also call me @ 9848 4122 (not that i'll know how to reach her if you can't but i might know who else to call...)

    The meeting place has also changed to BUGIS MRT STATION, outside the OCBC bank branch near the MRT telephone, as nekogotch says its nearer/easier to go serangoon road from there.

    So, to recap, the Thaipusam outing is at...
    10am morning @ BUGIS MRT Station on 18th January (Saturday)

    nekogotch will lead/direct the way to Serangoon ROad from there. thanks Dagger & Neko... i'll see ya guys @ about 1pm after my seminar thing. btw i'll be near peninsula, so any1 needs anything urgently (like film, lens tissue, D1x, etc), just gimme a sms.

  18. #58

    Default Re: UPDATE!!!

    Originally posted by Larry
    (like film, lens tissue, D1x, etc), just gimme a sms.
    Free?? if yes i wan the whole CP

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default Re: Re: UPDATE!!!

    Originally posted by jeffgoh
    Free?? if yes i wan the whole CP
    yeah rite, so do i man...

  20. #60

    Default Re: UPDATE!!!

    Originally posted by Larry
    btw i'll be near peninsula, so any1 needs anything urgently (like film, lens tissue, D1x, etc), just gimme a sms.
    Yes, D1x. Please help check for stock, thanks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •