Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Humans, the Superior Beings

Default Re: Humans, the Superior Beings

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Erm... 42?
    Heheh, it's a reference to the book and movie Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Same goes for Pai's "Don't Panic" comment and my reply to about being depressed. Sorry, nerd humour.

Anyway, take it easy and try not to rationalise everything. You'll just end up doing yourself some mental injury! Take comfort in the fact that most of us feel/think the same way at some point in our lives.

We can sit in a philosophy class and argue till the cows come home and still not come to any answer to this question: Are human beings superior beings? Of course, we need to define superior beings. Superior to who and what?

Some of us will believe tt we are to "rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground". Therefore we are created (if we believe that we are created) to be above all these things.
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

must compare apple to apple mah.

every creature has their special ability.

who is more superior? bird who can fly but can't swim or a fish that can't fly but swim fast?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Had been thinking abt this for a few years but keep walking in a closed loop with no answers in the horizon.

Humans, with our language, walking on 2 feet, ability to carry out a proper discourse to others in a spoken language, with the so-called 'advanced technology' which is a double-edged sword.

Compared with animals with no apparent spoken language but with natural abilities going beyond that of human beings without the assistance of gadgets, humans are always deemed as the 'superior beings'.

It makes me wonder at times, how exactly superior is this superior being, is it really superior? Or is it merely a term made by our own deluded self in an attempt to raise our perceived self-worth and lower our own hidden inferiority complex?
    we r superior becos we have civilisations, we have the abilities to build. On physical means, our brain is bigger and we r equipped with more useful limbs, that makes us the more superior animal.

We still behold the basic instinction - feed and mate, like all other animals..who knows 1 day we might go back to fundemental, run ard the street and start to bite each others...keke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123