erwin, don't tell us you BOUGHT IKB 65?

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang
    WAIT!

erwin, don't tell us you BOUGHT IKB 65?

Regards
    CK
    Slaps head in frustration So that's what I saw you smuggle onto the tube... thought at the time you were buying carpets... pity I didn't take a picture... that would have been a brilliant street pic candid

Hey, maybe it would have been worth a lot too... imagine, a pic with IKB 65 in it... ah stupid stupid stupid...

I agree, and if a sufficient number of people view your work and say that it is Art (having experienced a reaction to it), it is art. Congratulations, you are an artist.

As to its price, it has nothing to do with how 'good' a piece of art it. So the fact that Klein's work costs more doesn't mean that yours is lousier. It may mean that he has better marketing. Same for the music industry etc.... Britney probably sells more records than hundreds of singers who sing better than her.

Hi,

My point is exactly the same as Jed's - if I, or him, or you for that matter, took 10 days to mix a shade of blue, then painted a piece of canvas in that colour, it's probably worth as much as mounting board or construction paper. Why should Klein's blue canvas be worth that much?

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by erwinx
    I agree, and if a sufficient number of people view your work and say that it is Art (having experienced a reaction to it), it is art. Congratulations, you are an artist.

As to its price, it has nothing to do with how 'good' a piece of art it. So the fact that Klein's work costs more doesn't mean that yours is lousier. It may mean that he has better marketing. Same for the music industry etc.... Britney probably sells more records than hundreds of singers who sing better than her.

So in the end, it all boils down to "brand", don't you think? If any of us get the exact same blue as Klein's, the only reason why his blue can sell better than our blue is simply because he's more "famous", that's all, and that people think that his blue is an art, and ours is not. Which should not be the case. I really don't think that blue can be considered art.

The same person also composed a monotone symphony (is that music? even the famous One Note Samba is more musical and melodic), and with an orchestra playing that, he got naked models coated with that IKB blue paint to roll around on canvas.... well, at least there is some FORM now.

Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting Yves Klein's Monotone Symphony.

Short note about the symphony:
    http://www.artep.net/kam/symphony.html

Regards
    CK

Omigosh. This guy IS a con artist.

Psst, wanna buy some air?

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Omigosh. This guy IS a con artist.

Psst, wanna buy some air?
    Sounds good eh? Oh yes, give me 3 cans of Himalayan air please.

Regards
    CK

Sounds good eh? Oh yes, give me 3 cans of Himalayan air please.
    Why you so high class ah? For me, blue canvas dun need to be Himalayan blue sky canvas, normal blue can already.

So I'll be happy to take 2 cans of Singaporean air. Tell me where to send cheque, but I cannot afford too much ok?

Hi

with all these enthusiasm over art, i'm offering, for a 30 day period, a 15% discount on my services offered by my company never-a-bad-pic.com.

have a bad pic? lousy compositions? out of focus? camera shake? no problems, we take your picture, write a critique, and turn it into gold! No longer do u need to blame your equipment (or yourself) - just come to us and not only will the standing of your photographs improve, your ego will take a shot as well.

for some examples of my work, pls peruse my comments on 3 pieces of bad work in this entire thread - notice how after the comments, they become wonderful works of art. They take on new meanings, and assume new responsibilities as pictures that will inspire many photographers and artists for generations to come.....

Don't hestitate anymore, call 1800-never-a-bad-pic and become a true artist today!
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Megadark
    Guests

Value is perceived. So stop arguing.

Default Beware! Con job

All of you better beware. Red Dawn's product sounds very very good, but when I went to take a closer look with a view towards joining his website, look:

I would urge all of you contemplating joining this website to be careful. It looks bogus!

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    Right. So, if I am famous enough, I can even leave an unpainted canvas as it is and title it "purity" for example, assuming I pick and choose from all the available canvases and pick one which I think is the purest?

Mondrian's work has colour and harmony, balance between the colours, the thickness of the lines, etc. But the blue thing is just a shade of blue. Unless of course you go by Red Dawn's witty analysis of that piece.

We might just as well call Kodak 18% gray cards art. Coz that exact reflectivity isn't that easy to obtain.

Regards
    CK
    Now your know how biased art is? And how important who the artist is before his work is evaluated? Unlike a computer virus, who treats everyone the same.

i don't know what this thread is about. but who cares?

art can be trash to me, and trash can be art to me, as long as i like it, who cares? who are you to judge my taste/preference for art? i don't like it, i critique.. who are u to stop me too?

everything is subjective

[/thread]

nothing polarises public opinion more than religion, politics and art.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

just read this:

http://www.articons.co.uk/klein.htm

found it interesting.

"Similar to artists such as Joseph Beuys, Klein's art was a form of self-promotion"

but art nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    Hi,

My point is exactly the same as Jed's - if I, or him, or you for that matter, took 10 days to mix a shade of blue, then painted a piece of canvas in that colour, it's probably worth as much as mounting board or construction paper. Why should Klein's blue canvas be worth that much?

Regards
    CK

I do not propose to add to the substantive debate here about what is or is not art, but something that has been overlooked (or just not pointed out here), is that International Klein Blue is a patented colour. Yves Klein created that blue by stripping the paint of its usual fixative agent. It really is something unique and he was granted a patent for it - his estate holds the patent now.

Why not just spit on the canvas with your saliva and patent it? I know Klein would have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    Why not just spit on the canvas with your saliva and patent it? I know Klein would have done it.
    Surely you know such a thing as you describe would not be patentable.

Quote Originally Posted by LKSC
    Surely you know such a thing as you describe would not be patentable.
    Yes, he is the all knowing and all mighty, and ClubSNAP just represents his personal playground where he conducts social experiments and pisses us insignificant beings off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123