Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

  1. #1
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Hi guys, I'm in the market for a snooker cue and have an idea of what I want but however, I still cannot make up my mind. So here got more traffic, I hope can have more opinions.

    Which design is nice? Cost is not a factor, they cost about the same anyway!





    Personally, I think I'll go for the PB1 but its design is common. So what you say?
    Last edited by afbug; 6th September 2006 at 12:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    The more splice the better, it gives more strength when contacting the hand ball. As for the design, choose a color and design you like best...my 2 cents.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Check this site out, he has some of the nicest cues I have seen. I have even meet the guy and handled some of his cues. Really really nice.

    http://www.miltoniocues.com/home.html

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Maybe get a John Paris...the rest is history...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    I'll choose the one that helps me to get the ball in
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #6
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper
    Check this site out, he has some of the nicest cues I have seen. I have even meet the guy and handled some of his cues. Really really nice.

    http://www.miltoniocues.com/home.html
    These are pool cues? I'm looking for snooker cues.

    Sjourn, John Parris must order and wait plus I not willing to spend so much. If I'm willing, I'll get a Mike Wooldridge cue. I also never heard that more splices gives more strength. More strenght gotta do with the weight of the cue I think. Heavier it is, more power.

    Come on! I just want opinions on which design is nice. Got so many photog here, surely got a keen eye for nice designs.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    I'd like amace design or butterfly splice. Hmm JP cues are pretty good hitting but waiting list is quite long now. How abt mastercue?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    These are pool cues? I'm looking for snooker cues.

    Sjourn, John Parris must order and wait plus I not willing to spend so much. If I'm willing, I'll get a Mike Wooldridge cue. I also never heard that more splices gives more strength. More strenght gotta do with the weight of the cue I think. Heavier it is, more power.

    Come on! I just want opinions on which design is nice. Got so many photog here, surely got a keen eye for nice designs.
    I quite like M7 or EX2..

    I have a custom made cue from Thailand, I can't remember what brand already but so much cheaper than ordering the same thing from Singapore. About the splice thing, a top player in SG told me that.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I quite like M7 or EX2..

    I have a custom made cue from Thailand, I can't remember what brand already but so much cheaper than ordering the same thing from Singapore. About the splice thing, a top player in SG told me that.
    LOL not necessary true lah. splice makes the cue stronger. But the hit becomes much harder and sometimes dead. So in order to rectify that, they may need to hollow abot 1.5 inch near the ferrule. So depends on cue maker to cuemaker and see who's kung fu better to pull it off loh. Wats the players name? i think i might know him lol

  10. #10

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    hmm i like PB1...smiple and sweet

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    LOL not necessary true lah. splice makes the cue stronger. But the hit becomes much harder and sometimes dead. So in order to rectify that, they may need to hollow abot 1.5 inch near the ferrule. So depends on cue maker to cuemaker and see who's kung fu better to pull it off loh. Wats the players name? i think i might know him lol

    I only know him by the name of Aaron. He used to be more into pool.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I only know him by the name of Aaron. He used to be more into pool.
    LOL aaron koh? previously pool ranked no.1? haha okok.

  13. #13
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I quite like M7 or EX2..

    I have a custom made cue from Thailand, I can't remember what brand already but so much cheaper than ordering the same thing from Singapore. About the splice thing, a top player in SG told me that.
    Haha We got similar taste when it comes to complicated design. I also like M7 or EX2 for the more splices design.

    But I also like the PB1, PB3, PB4 and PB5 for simplier designs. PB1 is my first choice but I find it a little too common? So many design I like, lol. Thats why I ask for opinion here.

    For power shots, its the weight of the cue, not splices. A ligher cue is technically more difficult as your stroke must really be straight and consistant to generate power.

    Chris Lim, you refering to Mastercue from Thailand? If so, all cues pictured here are Mastercue from Thailand.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    LOL aaron koh? previously pool ranked no.1? haha okok.

    yup, that's him. You know him too?
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Haha We got similar taste when it comes to complicated design. I also like M7 or EX2 for the more splices design.

    But I also like the PB1, PB3, PB4 and PB5 for simplier designs. PB1 is my first choice but I find it a little too common? So many design I like, lol. Thats why I ask for opinion here.

    For power shots, its the weight of the cue, not splices. A ligher cue is technically more difficult as your stroke must really be straight and consistant to generate power.

    Chris Lim, you refering to Mastercue from Thailand? If so, all cues pictured here are Mastercue from Thailand.
    I also prefer weighty cues for power.
    you may have misunderstood my point on the splices, its not for power, but for the cue strength integrity when hitting the ball..

    Its been so long since I played, hand itchy now..haizz..
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  16. #16
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I also prefer weighty cues for power.
    you may have misunderstood my point on the splices, its not for power, but for the cue strength integrity when hitting the ball..

    Its been so long since I played, hand itchy now..haizz..
    Heh hehe ok. Sorry for misunderstanding. For splices, my thinking is, it makes the cue nicer only as I believe a single solid piece of wood like ebony without splices will be stronger.

    Maybe should have snooker outing.

    Anymore opinions on the design? No need to have knowledge of the game, I just want to know which is nice.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Yeah aaron was my senior when i was still training in the team.

    Anyway, ebony without splices will kill ur cue literally. LOL. Use to play ard with customs. I think my pick would be M7. its hand made right? so u can actually let them know ur specifications? like the tapering and all?

  18. #18
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Yeah aaron was my senior when i was still training in the team.

    Anyway, ebony without splices will kill ur cue literally. LOL. Use to play ard with customs. I think my pick would be M7. its hand made right? so u can actually let them know ur specifications? like the tapering and all?
    These are handmade only, not custom made. If want custom made, have to wait about a month. But can choose your own design.

    I've narrowed down my choices to: PB1, PB3, PB5, EX2 and M7.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Simei, Punggol Central
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    I will choose table with bigger holes .
    Tried EX version before. A nice cue, can feel the ball being control by you somehow.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    These are handmade only, not custom made. If want custom made, have to wait about a month. But can choose your own design.

    I've narrowed down my choices to: PB1, PB3, PB5, EX2 and M7.
    How much does these babes cost?
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •