Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1120

Thread: Join Us Now : The Olympus Camedia Digital Camera Resource Thread

  1. #461

    Default

    Originally posted by stk


    It's ok, I've gotten my stuff liao.. Anyway, the items u're selling won't suit the C3020 as well, as it will have the same 'unsuitabilities' as with your C4000..
    looks like only 2040 can use it then

  2. #462

    Default

    Hi, anyway may have found a way out regarding not having the gull manual for the 2040.. Thanks to Acieed by the way, while struggling with the 2040 chinese manual, a thought came to my mind. Wnet to download the 2020 English full manual and surprisingly it is very much similar in operation with my camera..

    Thanks Acieed for the inspiration
    you guys been great help!

  3. #463
    charles_wee
    Guests

    Default

    Hi guys,

    I am very eager to join this club as another olympus owner. wish to ask you guys where in Singapore now can i get C-3020? I understand Harvey Norman is selling at $599 but when i go to Harvey Norman (Raffles City Branch), they say they are not selling Really looking forward to take photos with this cam. Anyone can tell me which Harvey Norman Branch still sells this cam?

    Regards
    Charles Wee

  4. #464

    Default C2040Z

    Hi all, just noticed this dead pixel in the camera..
    What should i do? Go back to Oly HQ and request for help??
    And also about some firmware which apparently helps reduce noise in the camera up to 8sec... Found this issue in old threads about the 2040z. Know it is up to personal taste but wish to have the best for my cam

    Thanks for any help!

  5. #465
    Vander
    Guests

    Cool

    a new owner of Olympus C720UZ. Pls add me in the group...

  6. #466

    Default

    Originally posted by Vander
    a new owner of Olympus C720UZ. Pls add me in the group...
    Welcome to the C720UZ + olympus gang

  7. #467

    Default

    Originally posted by Vander
    a new owner of Olympus C720UZ. Pls add me in the group...
    u r the number 6th c-720uz user. cheers!

  8. #468
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by Vander
    a new owner of Olympus C720UZ. Pls add me in the group...
    Ok.....

  9. #469
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: C2040Z

    Originally posted by grifter
    Hi all, just noticed this dead pixel in the camera..
    What should i do? Go back to Oly HQ and request for help??
    And also about some firmware which apparently helps reduce noise in the camera up to 8sec... Found this issue in old threads about the 2040z. Know it is up to personal taste but wish to have the best for my cam

    Thanks for any help!
    As long as teh DC is in warranty, u can send it to Oly Sg to map the dead pixel out.

  10. #470
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by stk
    Jayan,

    Guess can add me into your list coz I just bought the Olympus C3020..

    Now need to look for the CLA-1, 43-46mm ring, 46mm filter and a lens cap..
    U r in now!

  11. #471

    Default Re: Re: C2040Z

    Originally posted by Jayan


    As long as teh DC is in warranty, u can send it to Oly Sg to map the dead pixel out.
    I always thought they can only map out stuck pixels? But dead pixels are there to stay unless the CCD is replaced?

  12. #472

    Default

    Hmmm ok because i saw some where in this forum they have changed their headquarters to somewhere near Funan there? Their contact no. is unuseable anyway...

    Say im interested in getting 37mm filters... Should i get them from places like CP, AP and etc... Or just go for those sold by brands like Sony. Understand Sony etc do sell 37mm filters for their camcorders... Any Oly user can clear the air?

    Thanks again for any help

  13. #473
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default Re: Re: Re: C2040Z

    Originally posted by Acieed
    I always thought they can only map out stuck pixels? But dead pixels are there to stay unless the CCD is replaced?
    "Stuck" pixels and "dead" pixels are the same thing. Basically it's a defective part of the sensor array that no longer responds to incident light and always gives the same value. When they map it out, basically all they do is to tell the camera to ignore all values from this part of the sensor and interpolate from the surrounding regions instead.

  14. #474

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: C2040Z

    Originally posted by Midnight
    "Stuck" pixels and "dead" pixels are the same thing. Basically it's a defective part of the sensor array that no longer responds to incident light and always gives the same value. When they map it out, basically all they do is to tell the camera to ignore all values from this part of the sensor and interpolate from the surrounding regions instead.
    "Stuck" and "dead" aren't exactly the same thing. A dead pixel is "zero" or "off" all the time, and a "stuck" pixel responds with "high" or "on" on all exposures. But I guess you are right about the pixel mapping, thanks for the correction.

  15. #475

    Default

    Back again? though you guys may be interested in knowing Olympus's new HQ opposite the Parliament Building since they moced from Valley Point Shoppin Centre.

    Address: OLYMPUS STUDIO 1 North Bridge Road High Street
    Centre #01-05/34/35 S179094

    Tel: 63397686

    ok.. Qns again.. There is this free Olympus workshop for digital cam owners.. Worth our time?

  16. #476
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: C2040Z

    Originally posted by Acieed
    "Stuck" and "dead" aren't exactly the same thing. A dead pixel is "zero" or "off" all the time, and a "stuck" pixel responds with "high" or "on" on all exposures.
    Heh.. well, this is just a technical nit-pick, but this popular distinction between "dead" and "stuck" pixels is very misleading. The fact of the matter is that each element of a CCD sensor array always has at least some charge, it's just that we only count charge beyond a certain threshold (the so-called dark current) as having a non-zero value. So whether it's "stuck" below or above this threshold (producing either always zero values or always non-zero values), it's still technically the same thing. Ok, nevermind... like I said, just a meaningless technical detail.

  17. #477
    adawang
    Guests

    Default

    Hi all, new user C700uz, registering here

  18. #478
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by adawang
    Hi all, new user C700uz, registering here

    Welcome!!!!

  19. #479
    adawang
    Guests

    Default

    Thank you for the warm welcome,Jayan.The C700UZ eats batteries.
    Freshly charged GP 1800 depleted too quickly.
    Trying to get round the problem by customizing a battery pack rated at 3,200 mAh.

  20. #480

    Default

    Originally posted by adawang
    Thank you for the warm welcome,Jayan.The C700UZ eats batteries.
    Freshly charged GP 1800 depleted too quickly.
    Trying to get round the problem by customizing a battery pack rated at 3,200 mAh.
    Sanyo 1850mAh are known to be "truly 1850mAh" .. Leave the LCD off whenever you can, would save a lot of battery power.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •