Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Us Now : The Olympus Camedia Digital Camera Resource Thread

hongonn
    Guests

Originally posted by Midnight

Many of us who own cameras in the C-x0x0 line attach the Olympus CLA-1 41mm-43mm adaptor tube and a UV filter at all times to protect the rather fragile zoom lens. I personally use a 43mm UV filter that matches the thread size of the CLA-1 adaptor on my C-2000.

Another not-so-critical but "good to have" accessory is of course a polarising filter. I have a 43mm Hoya polariser that goes right over my UV filter when I need it. This setup produces no vignetting even at the wide end of the lens zoom range.

If you're itching to extend your camera's focal length range, many people on the Net recommend getting either the Olympus A200 and B300 teleconverters because of their excellent image quality and negligible light loss. However, these items are getting very hard to find nowadays.

Other than that, don't forget the usual photography accessories like tripod, lens brush + cloth, etc. In the end, it depends mostly on your own photography style. Find out what limits you continually encounter in your shooting, and investigate what can be done to overcome them.
    Thanks for your advice, will consider to get this CLA-1 adaptor tube and a UV filter, if it is not too expensive How much will it cost?

Originally posted by Jayan

WHY!!!!!
    No choice.. cannot afford to keep 2 cams.

But kudos to my good old C700! Coz I've taken lots of wonderful/memorable pics with it.

Midnight
    Guests

Originally posted by hongonn
    Thanks for your advice, will consider to get this CLA-1 adaptor tube and a UV filter, if it is not too expensive How much will it cost?
    Hi hongonn. I think I paid about $30 for the CLA-1 adapter and another $12 for a 43mm UV filter, both at Cathay Photo. You might be able to find a slightly better price for the CLA-1 elsewhere (I didn't really check, coz I tend to patronise CP), but the 43mm filter is really hard to find locally; the CP staff had to order it for me, but I saw that they brought in quite a few together with mine, so maybe they still have some stock lying around in their Peninsular store. Hope this helps.

Midnight
    Guests

Oops, hongonn, I forgot that your camera is a C-2040. Since this camera uses a different lens from most of the other C-x0x0 product line, you should check whether the setup I mentioned in my previous post doesn't cause vignetting at the wide end of your zoom range (any C-2040 owners here who can help?). If it does, you might want to get a step-up ring from 43mm to, say, 49mm and use 49mm filters instead.

Default Re: Oly Club

Originally posted by hilary
    G'Day !

Got my 4040Z about 2 months ago with the P-010 u/W casing at AP.
    Very happy with it so far.
    Hi

How much did you pay for the PT-010 at AP?

I just got a quote from CP, S$420, which is above my budget.

...I think I bought the last UZi from Tangs. Jurong Giant has one more at $1188 (that is what I remember) and Oly service centre has a demo set - maybe you can persuade them to sell you.

Good luck to your hunt!

Midnight
    Guests

Originally posted by hong2
    ...I think I bought the last UZi from Tangs. Jurong Giant has one more at $1188 (that is what I remember) and Oly service centre has a demo set - maybe you can persuade them to sell you. Good luck to your hunt!
    Hmm, thanks for the intel info , but since I'll be in Pittsburgh by the end of this coming week, I'll probably stick to my plan of picking up a refurb C-2100UZ in the USA instead. So anyone else who wants the remaining sets at Jurong and Olympus Service Centre, better grab them while they're still there (if they are indeed still there).

Since you're going to US, you may want to check the Oly forum on dpreview. Apparently, Honolulu CompUSA had (has?) a batch (around 30) of new UZi to let go at US$349 plus shipping in late July. It was going hot. I was worried about shipping so didn't go for that. Shipping within USA is around US$25 or sth. You can call them and provide an address in USA. Good luck.

Jayan, i regret to inform you that i have sold my C700UZ. However, i sold it off to my friend who is also part of ClubSnap. Lets see if he is willing to step forward.

Meanwhile, the strength in your number hasn't fallen, so i hope that helps.

Meanwhile, i would just like to say that i really enjoyed using the C700Uz and i will miss it's zoom alot. The pleasure it has given me in learning about photography, as well as a little bit more as myself has been worth it.

Cheers!

I'm still an Olympian at heart.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Jayan, i regret to inform you that i have sold my C700UZ. However, i sold it off to my friend who is also part of ClubSnap. Lets see if he is willing to step forward.

Meanwhile, the strength in your number hasn't fallen, so i hope that helps.

Meanwhile, i would just like to say that i really enjoyed using the C700Uz and i will miss it's zoom alot. The pleasure it has given me in learning about photography, as well as a little bit more as myself has been worth it.

Cheers!

I'm still an Olympian at heart.
    Hi Wolfgang,

Upgraded your cam ? Which one did u buy ?
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

Originally posted by art2d2

Hi Wolfgang,

Upgraded your cam ? Which one did u buy ?
    Hey Art2.

Erm, i got the Fuji S602Z.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Royzzz
    Guests

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wolfgang
    [B]Jayan, i regret to inform you that i have sold my C700UZ. However, i sold it off to my friend who is also part of ClubSnap. Lets see if he is willing to step forward.

I am please to inform that I am the proud owner of Wolfgang's C700
    However, I still holding on to my C2 till i find a buyer.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Royzzz
    [B]
    Originally posted by Wolfgang

I am please to inform that I am the proud owner of Wolfgang's C700
    However, I still holding on to my C2 till i find a buyer.
    wow! didnt noe that was u

Royzzz
    Guests

Originally posted by MaGixShOe

Haha, now it is not too late to know who i am. Anyway, nice to meet you today. If I am not mistaken your name is Raymond? sorry didn't intro myself to u.....

It's ok Wolfie....everyone has their own right to get the DC they like.

Just glad to hear that you're still an Olympian at heart.

BTW, Royzzz's name was already on the list....so w/o him in the C-2 section, I'll still be 1 member lesser.

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    Singapore is a small country, isn't it???

fsumarc
    Guests

Hi,
    Don't know if this list is still being updated, but if it is, you can put me down for the C-211 Zoom, the D-520 Zoom, and the C-720 Ultra Zoom. Workin' my way up to those E class DCs!

fsumarc

Originally posted by fsumarc
    Hi,
    Don't know if this list is still being updated, but if it is, you can put me down for the C-211 Zoom, the D-520 Zoom, and the C-720 Ultra Zoom. Workin' my way up to those E class DCs!

fsumarc
    Sorrie...was busy with my daytime job and night classes for the past week.

fsumarc
    Guests

Sorrie...was busy with my daytime job and night classes for the past week.
    Oops. I didn't mean anything that needed apologizing for.
    I just tried to read through this whole thread and couldn't make it. too many messages in the thread to see if it is still an active list. So I dropped a note on the end with my cams, that's all. No foul.
    That's all I meant. I also noticed in the beginning there was some discussion of branching out to a camedia owners website. If still needed, I can offer space and some time. (I do it for a living) for a site. Let me know if you are interested.

fsumarc

ps. anybody have the pdf manual for the c-720? i need it badly. see my other thread...

scubadog
    Guests

Default Re: Join Us Now : The Olympus Camedia Digital Camera Resource Thread

More and more people snapping up the Olympus Camedia line of digital cameras, with the current hot favorites being the C-2100UZ, C-2040Z and C-700UZ.

So, Olympus DC owners please fall in now and state your name and DC model.

In future we can exchange tips on how to utilize our DCs better with those who are using the same model.

We can even share tips on accessories and photography techniques with those using other models as well.

Aren't that a great idea?!?!

These are the ones that I know, incl. myself:

C-2100UZ:

1) Jayan
    2) SebastianSong
    3) Minitaz
    4) Tangcy
    5) Linus
    6) Denizenx
    7) Kaipium
    8) Taicw
    9) Lifeworld
    10) Siewsphone
    11) Doomax
    12) Fusetrips
    13) Galaa
    14) Lytefunk
    15) Maddog
    16) Choonhow
    17) Itsmywill
    18) Sneezybum
    19) Syncmaster
    20) Falcon
    21) Cutter
    22) KamWeng
    23) Jango
    24) Luisg
    25) Kit90210
    26) Jo3pit
    27) Zorkee
    28) Hammerjammer
    29) GKF
    30) LordVader
    31) MaGixShOe
    32) Deegos
    33) Rubric
    34) ItBYTES

C-700UZ:

1) Klause
    2) Yurona
    3) Ark19
    4) Mfo
    5) Zhapchit
    6) Duckling
    7) Tech_Snoopy
    8) Baiyun
    9) YES
    10) Ultrazoom
    11) Royzzz (with C-2)
    12) Yunling
    13) Landes

C-720UZ:

1) Fsumarc (with C-211Z and D-520Z)
    2) Blade

C-2040Z:

1) Blitz
    2) Lufu
    3) Volk
    4) Kevin
    5) Altec
    6) A7man
    7) Remember
    8) Deadly
    9) Fcpga
    10) Nerdie
    11) Kolabong
    12) Treecom
    13) Scong19
    14) Ekul1977
    15) Janzguy
    16) Prime
    17) Strength_n_honour
    18) JFK
    19) Kylelam77
    20) Doods
    21) Coolsoul
    22) Hongonn

C-1:

1) Snowcrash

C-2:

1) Royzzz

C-2Z:

1) Jonathan

C-200Z:

1) Bravocube

C-211Z:

1) Fsumarc

C-2000Z:

1) Olympus2000
    2) Midnight

C-2020Z:

1) Sphoenix

C-3040Z:

1) Marlin
    2) Raycsk
    3) CMT

C-3030Z:

1) Lister

C-3020Z:

1) Megadark
    2) Alphonse
    3) Postcode
    4) Ransoma22
    5) Yongliang

C-4040Z:

1) Looteer
    2) Song
    3) Hilary
    4) Young Ones
    5)scubadog

C-40Z:

1) Pit
    2) Howie
    3) Qhelix

D-520Z

1) Fsumarc

E-10:

1) Jethro
    2) Que Lynn

Total 95 Olympus Camedia DCs owners i.e. Olympians, listed here so far...5 more to 100!!!

Any more???