Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarNikon
    Hi there

    I have been looking at the D200..drooling over it actually. However, when I shared this envy with some guys, they tell me, stick with your D70...the photos are only as good as the photographer.

    This troubles me..since I see the photos taken by the D200...the WB and in general the photo quality seems to be great (of course I took into account the lens used) but generally, the D200 seems to churn out vivid and great colours.

    Any views on this?

    Thanks
    cheers
    Serious? I am currently uising 2 bodies D70 and D50.
    And as for the D200 AWB i got no idea. But i rented a D2x for event before and i can tell you the colours and saturation is worst off. Not to say the camera is not capable it's i don't know how to use! So know your D70 more, the sensor charateristics, learn what you can and cannot do , get WB cards or Expo amingo for white balance, and i seen some other memebers suggesting loading custom curves for more punchier pictures, all these helps in a simpler post processing and "better" out of camera images. Better only becuase you saved the hassle of doing each photo yourself.

    On the other hand some users like their colours "By Default" so they can process it on the computer later. They can always turn up the curves and levels in the computer later since they have the low end of the dynamic range.

    And the only limiting factor i can say is the lens, maybe you want to do a fish shot then have to get fish lens. or you are shooting something from afar need to get some zoom lens with nice bokeh? or sports need faster shutter speed get a bright lens? that kinda stuff. other than that the D70 should be Fast enough , Sturdy enough , Long lasting enough for you.


    Cheers!
    Just my 2 cents guys.
    Last edited by SianZronG; 5th September 2006 at 01:08 PM.
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

  2. #22

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    I am still in the dilemma too. Still trying to figure out how well I used my D70 before
    proceeding to bbb maybe D200

  3. #23
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hosea
    I am still in the dilemma too. Still trying to figure out how well I used my D70 before
    proceeding to bbb maybe D200
    for you, i think no need to think
    you have used your D70 well and you deserve a D200
    MTL BBB!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Is the current body limiting your picture taking abilities right now? If so, and if got the funds, then BBB. If no funds, see next.

    If not , then just save your money and get better lens.

    Better lens with old body >>> new body with same/old lens.

    If you already got simi Trinity, AF-S fast glass, big primes etc from 10mm to 600mm.....den no need to think liao. Take that fat wallet out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    YMMV!!!! YNWA!!!!
    YNWA?? You'll Never Walk Alone?
    Last edited by Garion; 5th September 2006 at 02:50 PM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    I wonder what is the advantage of 3D Matrix Metring II compared to the first version on the D70.

  6. #26
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    I wonder what is the advantage of 3D Matrix Metring II compared to the first version on the D70.
    lots of advantage if you don't understand exposure and metering
    Last edited by ortega; 5th September 2006 at 03:12 PM.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Hi Darnikon, I was using Canon 20D + 17-40 F4L. Taken alot of wedding shoots.Pix r superb.But.....when a camerashop friend just let me hold & try a new D200 + 18-200VR lens,thats was it,I fell in love with it straight away& purchase d set + SB800 & continue with my frequents wedding shoots.Pics.r much sharper. What I'm trying to say it ,if money is not ur problem just follow what ur heart says & enjoy it.

  8. #28
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamalludin_mohd
    Hi Darnikon, I was using Canon 20D + 17-40 F4L. Taken alot of wedding shoots.Pix r superb.But.....when a camerashop friend just let me hold & try a new D200 + 18-200VR lens,thats was it,I fell in love with it straight away& purchase d set + SB800 & continue with my frequents wedding shoots.Pics.r much sharper. What I'm trying to say it ,if money is not ur problem just follow what ur heart says & enjoy it.
    Change the lens to a 17 - 35 or a 17 - 55 and you'll find out that you're missing out on better picture quality....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  9. #29

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Change the lens to a 17 - 35 or a 17 - 55 and you'll find out that you're missing out on better picture quality....
    Yap! i agree.dat will be my next move , 17-35.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    I can understand jamalludin_mohd.

    Hahahaha....that was what happened to me! I went to COMEX and held the D200...played with it ...that was what started all my thought racing wild. My mind said, wah, get rid of the D70 man...D200's the thing...droooling.....

    But I have to agree with most of you guys..I need to really use my D70 to the fullest first before thinking of upgrading (anyway, I am not printing money...so also better make my life harder...or else got to eat more grass )

    cheers

  11. #31
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarNikon
    I can understand jamalludin_mohd.

    Hahahaha....that was what happened to me! I went to COMEX and held the D200...played with it ...that was what started all my thought racing wild. My mind said, wah, get rid of the D70 man...D200's the thing...droooling.....

    But I have to agree with most of you guys..I need to really use my D70 to the fullest first before thinking of upgrading (anyway, I am not printing money...so also better make my life harder...or else got to eat more grass )

    cheers
    Well... SSS first, then if your budget allows, then it's time to BBB....

    Ps : build up the lenses first.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Save your money and invest in a series of good lenses instead. Better lenses + old body = Better photos. Old lenses + new body = Same old photos. Makes no difference.
    "A teacher is never late; he arrives precisely when he means to."

  13. #33

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Quote Originally Posted by sophiandy
    Save your money and invest in a series of good lenses instead. Better lenses + old body = Better photos. Old lenses + new body = Same old photos. Makes no difference.
    I have used D70 for a while before I got my D200, and 'WOW' what an enjoyment photography have become. If u can afford try 17-55 instead of 18-200 .. u will know what u are missing out.

    IMHO I know it's the person behind the camera who made a difference, BUT it reality better equipment does create better pic. There's always a price to pay for everything.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Upgrade to Nikon D200?

    Yes, indeed. I agree that the body can make a difference to the picture quality, but not all. With regards to the D200, for a gain in picture quality over the D70s, especially in various red and wood hues. And its reputation as a mini-D2X makes it a truly attractive and best buy.

    However, I did upgrade my lenses first before jumping to the D200. The D200 just made everything click into place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miao
    I have used D70 for a while before I got my D200, and 'WOW' what an enjoyment photography have become. If u can afford try 17-55 instead of 18-200 .. u will know what u are missing out.

    IMHO I know it's the person behind the camera who made a difference, BUT it reality better equipment does create better pic. There's always a price to pay for everything.
    Last edited by clubgrit; 12th September 2006 at 03:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •