Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: da Protector series

Deregistered

Default da Protector series

hi guys,

any users of da Protector out there? just got a nikon dslr and thinking of getting it to protect my new toy. please leave your comments. Also, any idea where to get it other than the online store?

thanks in advance =)

Default Re: da Protector series

Quote Originally Posted by uy_uil
    hi guys,

any users of da Protector out there? just got a nikon dslr and thinking of getting it to protect my new toy. please leave your comments. Also, any idea where to get it other than the online store?

thanks in advance =)
    If you're talking about a sticker type LCD protector, you can get it at any reputable photography store in Singapore, namely AP, CP, MS, TCW etc. Harvey Norman/Courts might ahve it too.

Deregistered

thanks for the reply.
    saw some of the threads posted by users, and they're having the 'da protector'. read up the website and it uses clear acrylic. wonder if its of any difference to the normal stick-on ones. (like those use on handphones etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by uy_uil
    thanks for the reply.
    saw some of the threads posted by users, and they're having the 'da protector'. read up the website and it uses clear acrylic. wonder if its of any difference to the normal stick-on ones. (like those use on handphones etc.)
    I think the difference between da protector and the rest is cuz its damn thick. Looks like a bullet proof glass panel on my friends D50 lcd...

Blog Entries

i like the da oly protector... like metallilan said, it's like a bullet proof layer protecting the LCD!!! scratch resistant, super clear, and wipes clean very easily... if course, must install properly to ensure no dust can get in after installation.

waiting for the next MO for this before getting another one for another cam (bought on a previous MO by donchua for $12 + $2 postage).

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACk

waiting for the next MO for this before getting another one for another cam (bought on a previous MO by donchua for $12 + $2 postage).
    anyone keen to start a MO for the daProtector? if i'm not wrong, its stated flat shipping rate regardless of qty. correct me if i'm wrong.

Hi all, just to find out whether the da Oly protector which is stated at the website says suitable for 1d series cam, but does it cover the entire lcd ? Cos 300d is also sharing the same model of protector if i am not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    Hi all, just to find out whether the da Oly protector which is stated at the website says suitable for 1d series cam, but does it cover the entire lcd ? Cos 300d is also sharing the same model of protector if i am not wrong.
    not very sure about that but for my nikon d50/d70s i saw, it covers the whole plastic area (LCD area + other black area)

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    I think the difference between da protector and the rest is cuz its damn thick. Looks like a bullet proof glass panel on my friends D50 lcd...
    Yeah i've got it on my 10D, really feels like hard plastic....very durable!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    Nope, it covers the top part only. I've applied a da protector to a 1D MK2 before.

Deregistered

Bascially, if one should compare the film type protector vs the da Protector, don't bother. The da Protector works far much better.

It's a worthy investment. US$6 + US$2 (shipping).

Yes! Yes!
    Would like to join in too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK

Quote Originally Posted by _espn_
    Nope, it covers the top part only. I've applied a da protector to a 1D MK2 before.
    ok tks, but like very funny like that leh... top part got plastice but bottom part nothing

For those using Nikon body, how do you compare the da Protector with the standard Nikon clip-on protector?

See to believe.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by doremonx
    For those using Nikon body, how do you compare the da Protector with the standard Nikon clip-on protector?
    yeah, I would like to know too, if anyone has a photo to share... thinking of sticking on my D200.

go to Mobile Square n get MARTIN FIELDS.my d70s,both the LCD monitor n LCD control panel display is custom cut/applied by the boss.so is my sb600's LCD display.

martin field is about $25(abit exp) but it's good.my O2 XDAIIs screen has been has been protected since day 1 n it's been nearly 2 years.

1 more thing,dont go on sunday.only the boss does custom cut.

Quote Originally Posted by doremonx
    I use da protector for all Nikon body I own now & before, the clip-on stay in the box..
    Even my P&S also using da protector..
    One word.. GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by merkava74
    yeah, I would like to know too, if anyone has a photo to share... thinking of sticking on my D200.
    Hmmm, during my last MO, got quite a lot of D200 users.
    Maybe you can ask them..

Quote Originally Posted by donchua
    I use da protector for all Nikon body I own now & before, the clip-on stay in the box..
    Even my P&S also using da protector..
    One word.. GOOD
    Conduct the next MO lar..i missed out on that one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast