Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: da Protector series

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,127

    Default da Protector series

    hi guys,

    any users of da Protector out there? just got a nikon dslr and thinking of getting it to protect my new toy. please leave your comments. Also, any idea where to get it other than the online store?

    thanks in advance =)

  2. #2

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by uy_uil
    hi guys,

    any users of da Protector out there? just got a nikon dslr and thinking of getting it to protect my new toy. please leave your comments. Also, any idea where to get it other than the online store?

    thanks in advance =)
    If you're talking about a sticker type LCD protector, you can get it at any reputable photography store in Singapore, namely AP, CP, MS, TCW etc. Harvey Norman/Courts might ahve it too.

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,127

    Default Re: da Protector series

    thanks for the reply.
    saw some of the threads posted by users, and they're having the 'da protector'. read up the website and it uses clear acrylic. wonder if its of any difference to the normal stick-on ones. (like those use on handphones etc.)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by uy_uil
    thanks for the reply.
    saw some of the threads posted by users, and they're having the 'da protector'. read up the website and it uses clear acrylic. wonder if its of any difference to the normal stick-on ones. (like those use on handphones etc.)
    I think the difference between da protector and the rest is cuz its damn thick. Looks like a bullet proof glass panel on my friends D50 lcd...

  5. #5
    Moderator Cactus jACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore (Kallang)
    Posts
    3,933
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default Re: da Protector series

    i like the da oly protector... like metallilan said, it's like a bullet proof layer protecting the LCD!!! scratch resistant, super clear, and wipes clean very easily... if course, must install properly to ensure no dust can get in after installation.

    waiting for the next MO for this before getting another one for another cam (bought on a previous MO by donchua for $12 + $2 postage).

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,127

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACk

    waiting for the next MO for this before getting another one for another cam (bought on a previous MO by donchua for $12 + $2 postage).
    anyone keen to start a MO for the daProtector? if i'm not wrong, its stated flat shipping rate regardless of qty. correct me if i'm wrong.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Hi all, just to find out whether the da Oly protector which is stated at the website says suitable for 1d series cam, but does it cover the entire lcd ? Cos 300d is also sharing the same model of protector if i am not wrong.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    Hi all, just to find out whether the da Oly protector which is stated at the website says suitable for 1d series cam, but does it cover the entire lcd ? Cos 300d is also sharing the same model of protector if i am not wrong.
    not very sure about that but for my nikon d50/d70s i saw, it covers the whole plastic area (LCD area + other black area)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    I think the difference between da protector and the rest is cuz its damn thick. Looks like a bullet proof glass panel on my friends D50 lcd...
    Yeah i've got it on my 10D, really feels like hard plastic....very durable!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    Hi all, just to find out whether the da Oly protector which is stated at the website says suitable for 1d series cam, but does it cover the entire lcd ? Cos 300d is also sharing the same model of protector if i am not wrong.
    Nope, it covers the top part only. I've applied a da protector to a 1D MK2 before.

  11. #11
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Bascially, if one should compare the film type protector vs the da Protector, don't bother. The da Protector works far much better.

    It's a worthy investment. US$6 + US$2 (shipping).

  12. #12
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Yes! Yes!
    Would like to join in too!


    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK
    waiting for the next MO for this before getting another one for another cam (bought on a previous MO by donchua for $12 + $2 postage).

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by _espn_
    Nope, it covers the top part only. I've applied a da protector to a 1D MK2 before.
    ok tks, but like very funny like that leh... top part got plastice but bottom part nothing

  14. #14
    Member doremonx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hillview
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: da Protector series

    For those using Nikon body, how do you compare the da Protector with the standard Nikon clip-on protector?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: da Protector series

    See to believe.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  16. #16

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by doremonx
    For those using Nikon body, how do you compare the da Protector with the standard Nikon clip-on protector?
    yeah, I would like to know too, if anyone has a photo to share... thinking of sticking on my D200.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,080

    Default Re: da Protector series

    go to Mobile Square n get MARTIN FIELDS.my d70s,both the LCD monitor n LCD control panel display is custom cut/applied by the boss.so is my sb600's LCD display.

    martin field is about $25(abit exp) but it's good.my O2 XDAIIs screen has been has been protected since day 1 n it's been nearly 2 years.

    1 more thing,dont go on sunday.only the boss does custom cut.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by doremonx
    For those using Nikon body, how do you compare the da Protector with the standard Nikon clip-on protector?
    I use da protector for all Nikon body I own now & before, the clip-on stay in the box..
    Even my P&S also using da protector..
    One word.. GOOD

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by merkava74
    yeah, I would like to know too, if anyone has a photo to share... thinking of sticking on my D200.
    Hmmm, during my last MO, got quite a lot of D200 users.
    Maybe you can ask them..

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: da Protector series

    Quote Originally Posted by donchua
    I use da protector for all Nikon body I own now & before, the clip-on stay in the box..
    Even my P&S also using da protector..
    One word.. GOOD
    Conduct the next MO lar..i missed out on that one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •