Thread: After a good Cry

Default After a good Cry

Hi all,

Here is a pic of my son, Hann...."After A Good Cry"....I was trying to capture his wet looking eye lashes....but it seems like only the effect (lashes stick together) is left, but the wet look is not very obvious....

Please give me your comment.

Thank you for viewing.

PS. - Also posted in Canon sub-forum.

Default Re: After a good Cry

Oh no...now I am viewing from my company's monitor, my Hann's pic is too bright!! I had the same prob when I was doing my Hann's shilouette pic too .....Oh, I must go home and tune up my monitor brightness more (personally I dun like bright monitor when working on PC, except photography).....always forget to tune it back.

Think the pic looks bad enough that no 1 comments.....

Sorry guys, I have to make changes to the pic, then re-post...

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut
    Oh no...now I am viewing from my company's monitor, my Hann's pic is too bright!! I had the same prob when I was doing my Hann's shilouette pic too .....Oh, I must go home and tune up my monitor brightness more (personally I dun like bright monitor when working on PC, except photography).....always forget to tune it back.

Think the pic looks bad enough that no 1 comments.....

Sorry guys, I have to make changes to the pic, then re-post...
    Nice pic!

I find it ok..y dun u tune down the brightness of ur office monitor?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Thanks blazer_workz,

Actually I PP the pic abit to hightlight more no the eye.....but since it is too bright, the effect is lost.....I am quite sure its my home monitor too dark as my other post was not meant to be this bright too.... I mean for it to be like in Zone III (dark enough with some details).

http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215559

And thanks for your comment! Please come back and have a look to see if you like the re-touch pic, when I post it up again.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    Nice pic!

I find it ok..y dun u tune down the brightness of ur office monitor?

Hi guys, think by adjusting the monitor brightness can do the job, please adjust your monitor brightness till only the right foot of the rabit can be seen and half the rabit is in shadow. So I am not re-posting liao....I actually highted Hann's left eye to draw more attention on his wet eye lashes....is it decernable? Please give me your comments.

Thank you very much!

The exposure looks good to me... I like your pic.

Nice compo...
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Thank you philip for your comment and viewing. Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    The exposure looks good to me... I like your pic.

Nice compo...

Blog Entries

your exposure looks ok on my screen

nice tones, compo could be better

is your son reaching for the rabbit?
    because his arm leads my eye to the direction of the rabbit.

Hi ortega,

Thanks for viewing and giving your comments. My son was crying and final fell asleep. He wasn't reaching out for the rabbit....just that his hand is in this position. So his hand distracted your vision toward the rabbit rather than my intended capture of the eye lashes huh? Can you advise how would you shoot this pic with my intention on the lashes? I dare not move him as he may start crying again

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    your exposure looks ok on my screen

nice tones, compo could be better

is your son reaching for the rabbit?
    because his arm leads my eye to the direction of the rabbit.

i find the picture a bit too grainy for an ISO400 setting, not that it matters for this picture. the exposure looks ok on my screen.

Thanks toffeespin for your help to verify the exposure. I am using S3 IS, not DSLR, therefore, it will be more noisy due to its small sensor size of less than 6x4.5mm.....

Any advise to improve the pic in terms of composition? Ortega say there is room for improvement....but I think he has missed out my reply....

Quote Originally Posted by toffeespin
    i find the picture a bit too grainy for an ISO400 setting, not that it matters for this picture. the exposure looks ok on my screen.

Hi Lastboltnut, I'm no expert on composition and I dont know how our fellow CSer interprets pictures. So cant speak for him.

But I do notice that you angle the picture such that your son's arm roughly "dissects" the picture lengthwise. Not sure if this works for everyone. But hey, in art and in photography, no one has to agree or please everyone.

Yah, you may be right. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by toffeespin
    Hi Lastboltnut, I'm no expert on composition and I dont know how our fellow CSer interprets pictures. So cant speak for him.

But I do notice that you angle the picture such that your son's arm roughly "dissects" the picture lengthwise. Not sure if this works for everyone. But hey, in art and in photography, no one has to agree or please everyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut
    Hi ortega,

Thanks for viewing and giving your comments. My son was crying and final fell asleep. He wasn't reaching out for the rabbit....just that his hand is in this position. So his hand distracted your vision toward the rabbit rather than my intended capture of the eye lashes huh? Can you advise how would you shoot this pic with my intention on the lashes? I dare not move him as he may start crying again

Thanks!
    a picture tells a story and every element in your image will play a part in this story.
    when i first view your picture, my eye will focus on the wet eyelashes and then go up his arm and finally onto the rabbit.

it is just the way my eye sees your image.

i would try a composition that has the reason of his crying and try to add it in to finish the story. i do not know what you have there at that point but every shade and line will more or less lead the viewers eye around.

try looking at paintings and take notice what your eyes looks at first and where and how it travels around the frame. also does each focal point add to the image?
    i hope it helps

Finally, you remember..... Thanks for your tips! Will learn to find out the sequence of my eyes.....thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    a picture tells a story and every element in your image will play a part in this story.
    when i first view your picture, my eye will focus on the wet eyelashes and then go up his arm and finally onto the rabbit.

it is just the way my eye sees your image.

i would try a composition that has the reason of his crying and try to add it in to finish the story. i do not know what you have there at that point but every shade and line will more or less lead the viewers eye around.

try looking at paintings and take notice what your eyes looks at first and where and how it travels around the frame. also does each focal point add to the image?
    i hope it helps