• TCW - The Camera Workshop

14 4.98%
  • AP - Alan Photo

24 8.54%
  • Others... please state.

18 6.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which is your favorite store?

Default Re: Which is your favorite store?

Definitely John3:16... Samuel gives very good service and you can get honest answers and not bs when you want to buy something...

It does get crowded and you have to sit (sometimes stand for quite awhile) before you get serve... But the service made up for the wait...

Sometimes people who walk in get serve 1st as it may be difficult for them to remember who came 1st... But the service made up for the it...

Well, if im sitting in front of you and you keep on asking me to wait and wait...while you serve angmohs coming later...what will encourage me from going back the next time?

Maybe they have changed, maybe they kanna from some ppl, either way, its good for them that they are getting better. For me, TK Foto is still tops.

Back in the film days, Ruby Photo (opp TCW) was the best among the lot. ALL the staff are friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Mr Leong (retired), Mr Ho, Eng and Eugene are really really good ppl to talk to.

My favourite store, NTUC, i shop there more than 1 once a week!

Perhaps there are a few groups of buyers here. One for friendly services with free advises while another centered on price shopping.

The best compromise is to go during off peak time to get the best of both.

Unfortunately, mine falls under the grab and go category. Most info are available online, it may not do justice to let one professional saleman influence a good buying decision.

That being said, i spend my $ with any reputable vendor that has ready stock, that is somewhat competitively priced and is conveiently located. The petrol+ERP+parking+silly waiting time won't do justice sometimes for a small saving.

If i may comment, too, that the old fashion way of meeting friends up at photo gear shops are fast fading with the prominence of online forums.

As for why certain shops can't give a better pricing, it sometimes has to do with currency, procurement timing and volume buying. No shop likes to see people walking out due to pricing as these merchants probably really can't sell without a decent profit.

Cheers to a happy Christmas!
    Last edited by contaxable; 16th July 2007 at 10:33 PM.

K 13...i always go there look see only..
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

MS Color! good service and good promotions too

I've only ever went to CP and Lords to buy anything (Stofen and SB600), but the other day I went down to AP to look around with a friend. The dude was friendly and sat there just chatting with us, and I played with a 105mm Micro VR without being pressured to buy it. That we weren't going to buy it was probably a given, since we're both teenagers Then again, that friend is a girl so that might have been why the guy was so friendly. Hahahaha

I haven't been to the other places cept Parissilk, who I've been buying electronics from since 4-5 years ago. Never been there to get camera or camera related stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    I've only ever went to CP and Lords to buy anything (Stofen and SB600), but the other day I went down to AP to look around with a friend. The dude was friendly and sat there just chatting with us, and I played with a 105mm Micro VR without being pressured to buy it. That we weren't going to buy it was probably a given, since we're both teenagers Then again, that friend is a girl so that might have been why the guy was so friendly. Hahahaha

I haven't been to the other places cept Parissilk, who I've been buying electronics from since 4-5 years ago. Never been there to get camera or camera related stuff though.
    Parissilk is a great place to shop without the bother to bargain. You pay for what you'd been quoted and is usually quite close to competitive rates, sometimes lower. Caucasians love Parissilk as its haggle free and they don't "chop carrot heads" like many local shops do. However, PS is only a broker as they have very little inventory. Sometimes you may not get brand new stuff (from what I experienced). I had bought several household and electronic goods from them before. I got a piece of demo IBM unit before at an unbeatable price. They denied it was a demo when I made an guess in front of them. The packaging for the notebook was all loose and messy and the unit looked kinda dusty in between grooves. I bought it anyway since it had a full warranty. That IBM worked great for a good 6yrs! So, no regret still.

Cathay Photo is good for service and the item purchase always back by reliable warranty or replacement if tested faulty within the first week (of course you have to keep the receipt).

Quote Originally Posted by fc888 View Post
    Cathay Photo is good for service and the item purchase always back by reliable warranty or replacement if tested faulty within the first week (of course you have to keep the receipt).
    Problem with such kindness is, sometimes i worry if some shops would recycle replaced items (that may still look mint nonetheless) and offer them as brand new items again. If so, I would much prefer to buy from shops that sell brand new items with no return policy since this is the primary reason why we pay for the premium.

My favorite store is one that gave best offer, I usually call ahead to check prices... have bought from all the captioned stores except PA and Others.

../azul123

OP... Good service good price...
    Let's get rolling :)

John 3.16... excellent service... thou must agree that they do take a bit of time to serve you... and even when serving... the attention spent is short and you have to wait even after you made your decision to buy...

but still... excellent service... and the wait is actually enjoyable... you see and hear them talk to other customers and just enjoy it...

juz buy from dealuseek or other reputable online shop cheap fast and reliable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123