• TCW - The Camera Workshop

14 4.98%
  • AP - Alan Photo

24 8.54%
  • Others... please state.

18 6.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which is your favorite store?

Default Re: Which is your favorite store?

MS Colour & CP are equally good.

CP might be more expensive but they seem to have more things in-stock...so when cannot resist urge...

Deregistered

I likes to go Alan.. But only look for 1 person.. HK lor...hehe... The rest I dun even wanna ask. Waste my time

Quote Originally Posted by Hoky View Post
    No one likes TCW???
    Had a bad deal with Dom many years ago but I will not want to talk about the details in here because things might have changed for him. People change over time, but it is hard for me to trust him again.

It is also quite sad to see Ruby Photo fading away... I owe everything I know and I am in photography thanks to the love and friendship from everyone there especially Ah Eng and Mr Leong... from the old shop at Cuppage Plaza to the current one at Peninsular... many famous shooters used to hang out there and their impartation and sometimes, lectures, helped me grow as a photographer... 20 years have passed so quickly...

Nowadays I buy everything from Hong Kong or Taiwan because the competition there makes them sell stuff a lot cheaper than in Singapore. It is quite BS to see the prices at some of the local Singapore stores. But if there is one that I would spend my money at, it is definitely John 3:16 because they offer amazing services. Sam has a great personality and for the services rendered, I would rather pay him that extra. Not to mention it is easy to park and buy stuff at Funan too (despite parking fee quite high).
    Last edited by microcosm; 28th October 2006 at 09:55 PM.

Smile Re: Which is your favorite store?

My choice is John.

Why?
    1) Sam - b'cos of his friendliness and is a joker.

2) Leslie - helpful and we've a thing in common - Liverpool.

3) Price wise - one of the best in the market.

YMMV though.

K-13 Marketing @ Peninsula plaza.

best.
    我吔呢班打工仔, 一生一世為錢幣做奴隸 flickr

Quote Originally Posted by leews2001 View Post
    K-13 Marketing @ Peninsula plaza.

best.
    I agree with you. Family business easier to bargain & get better price. Bought a few things from them.

CP.

they all know what they're talking about.

TCW.. i only like the tall guy there la. service by him is not too bad. the others quite bo chap la.

I enjoy going to John 3:16 coz the atmosphere is less "threatening" and you don't feel pressured to BUY something. The people are friendly and even the customers are friendly .

Cheers

Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

John 3:16. Samuel and Leslie are the friendliest people I've met. And the speed of the service was amazing. Got my Nikkor 18-200 VR lens in 1/2 a day. Won't go anywhere else for digital camera equipment.

Hi bro, actually, I guess you're the 1st person to say that John 3:16 speed of service is fast . Most of usually have to wait it out till Leslie or Sam are free but we still love them cost they're friendly and nice.

Cheers

Kelvin

Quote Originally Posted by chowyuan View Post
    John 3:16. Samuel and Leslie are the friendliest people I've met. And the speed of the service was amazing. Got my Nikkor 18-200 VR lens in 1/2 a day. Won't go anywhere else for digital camera equipment.
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

Tan Union at people's park my favourite shop(william and patrick are very friendly people )
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

CP and AP for me. AP prices are better if you know who to approach. CP has almost everything under one roof..

TK Photo. Gd prices + very well knowledgeable and friendly service from James & Richard + wide range of accessories.
    ?

Nic from TCW is also very friendly, maybe it's cos i have known him for many years. I guess that TCW's reputation has slided over the years. Not sure of the reasons why.

I used to buy things from CP till about 6 years ago? when i realised that they actually charge expensive prices. and different people gives very very different quotes. Vincent is one of the nicer ones around there. The only things i buy from CP these days is lowepro bags.

MS color gives good service and good prices but they are just soooooo far away .

my two cents worth

I seen SLOW service at all places when there's a lot of customers, and not uncommonly
    No Service too at most shops.
    When they are busy, they simply ignore you; with not even a "get to you later"
    Thats why a lot of stuff I buy are between CP and John, more from John; and once or twice K-13.
    I just walk from one place to the other

Perhaps its time for a supermarket approach?
    With stuff pricetagged and shelf-arranged by product types, less grief for everyone.
    Since you can't really get specialty advice from a bo-chap sales person anyway....

TK Foto is just amazing. I have been to all and TCW is ok. MS Colour is good.

John 3:16 and CP are the worst among the lot (AP?, forget about it). Samuel (John 3:16) made me wait 2 over hours to get a camera that I sent in for repair many years back and he had the nerve to serve some angmohs who came in way after me....that was the last time I ever went in. CP is just getting more arrogant these days.

James at TK Foto has been fair in pricing (the Gitzo that I ordered is cheaper than CP by about 10%) and is very knowledgeable in his products. They will get my future business.

Blog Entries

this belongs in the kopitiam

John 3-16 -without hesitation!

Yeah, you have to wait for Samuel or Leslie to be free, but don't you think there's something right that they must be doing to keep such a constant flow of people waiting to be served by them and only them? Most shops, customers will go straight to the next available staff - not here - they wait patiently for those 2 guys.

They give good advise - if something is crap, they will tell you. And they know their products.

I think they are the best place to go to for newbies who are not reallys sure what to buy. They will take the time to show you everything there is to know abt the product, compare alternatives - always patiently & no pressure to buy.

They go the extra mile - in my case, when I bought my 350D from them, Canon was giving away a 1G CF, but must go to Canon office to redeem. Because he knew I was flying away next day, he handed me his spare CF & save me a trip to Canon. I mean, wow !

Samuel remembers you !

Pricewise - I don't think they are the lowest in the market, but they are always reasonable. Like one other earlier comments, I too will pay a little bit extra for the trust they offer.

Happy shopping !

Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Hi bro, actually, I guess you're the 1st person to say that John 3:16 speed of service is fast . Most of usually have to wait it out till Leslie or Sam are free but we still love them cost they're friendly and nice.

Cheers

Kelvin

got to agree with you with that, but their service is really power~!! but always crowded with ppl, so must go at good timings, now, i only go there for advise and purchase, the good part about sam is , at the end of the day, it does not matter if u purchase anything anot? he will just give his best to help you~!!

100 pts for service~!!!

personally i try out CP and AP before, alot stares and unwanted questions, very threatening ppl... and my personal opinion, AP very bad service nowadays, all just want to sell u their stuff...no customer service at all... but that smy personal experience lah, no offence to anywan~!

Quote Originally Posted by ywh View Post
    TK Foto is just amazing. I have been to all and TCW is ok. MS Colour is good.

John 3:16 and CP are the worst among the lot (AP?, forget about it). Samuel (John 3:16) made me wait 2 over hours to get a camera that I sent in for repair many years back and he had the nerve to serve some angmohs who came in way after me....that was the last time I ever went in. CP is just getting more arrogant these days.

James at TK Foto has been fair in pricing (the Gitzo that I ordered is cheaper than CP by about 10%) and is very knowledgeable in his products. They will get my future business.
    "John 3:16 and CP are the worst among the lot " no offence to you, but i think alot of ppl dun mind the waiting time for Sam, that critic is quite offensive, if you cannot afford the time and space, then dun visit them.. Sam dun choose his customers, just that sometimes, some customers are more arrogant and demanding, if u noe sam, u wont say this leh... just my 2 cents : )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast