Thread: Trouble with 1GB CF card

Default Trouble with 1GB CF card

I'm hereby seeking some technical advise from experts here regarding CF card.

I got this 1GB CF card which I used it this morning for an outdoor shoot. When I loaded it into my dSLR, the image counter meter indicated 621. I was perplexed and took it out, put it back in. The same number appeared.

My cam setting is JPG format in Large image quality. Usually the number of shots for formatted CF card is 291 and I got 621 instead. I suspect there's problem with this CF card. At the end of the day I took 45 pictures with it and was able to view the pictures in the LCD screen but when I tried to transfer the pics into my PC, there was totally no response. Due to my carelessness, I should have use another card instead.

So does it mean my card is really busted? Can I get my pictures out from it? Please advise on how to rectify/trouble-shoot this problem.

Thank you very much.

Default Re: Trouble with 1GB CF card

Not sure. try formatting the card with your cam and try again. Which CF card are you using?
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Default Re: Trouble with 1GB CF card

Quote Originally Posted by blive
    Not sure. try formatting the card with your cam and try again. Which CF card are you using?
    Thanks for yr advise. I've tried that method twice but same thing happened. I'm using Lexar 80x 1GB CF card.