Thread: Online photo advice

Default Online photo advice

Hi, I will be shooting an event in a few weeks and would like to post the photos online and allow people to either download/print or order prints from the site itself. I'm volunteering to do this for a club I belong to, and do not want to make money from this (nor spend any money on it!).

I know Kodak has some good sites overseas, but couldn't find any in Singapore. Does anybody have any recommendations?

CHeers
    Sean

Default Re: Online photo advice

What kind of quality do you want?
    Generally you pay for what you get, but some common web hosting sites that allow this would be flickr.com and photobucket lor, they're free, but these are for really mass usage, so quality will be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by seanm
    Hi, I will be shooting an event in a few weeks and would like to post the photos online and allow people to either download/print or order prints from the site itself. I'm volunteering to do this for a club I belong to, and do not want to make money from this (nor spend any money on it!).

I know Kodak has some good sites overseas, but couldn't find any in Singapore. Does anybody have any recommendations?

CHeers
    Sean
    You can visit Sony imagestation www.sony.com.sg/mysony and see whether it suits your requirement. Or if you aren't a member yet you can register first at http://www.sony.com.sg/cgi-bin51/hsr...ghtReasons.run

You can order prints but the downside is the upload capacity is only 128MB (if you really want to do at this site, I suggest you sign up a few accounts).

Regards

Thanks for the advise. I would assume most will just be viewing, a few people might want to print 1 or 2, so I think medium quality would suffice. I'll check out the Sony tip.

Thanks
    Sean