Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

  1. #1

    Default Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Hear all Hear all!

    Tampines Town Council is proud to present a 2 month long cat round up exercise. All cats be it sterlized or not, pet or stray will be rounded up by our pest control units and send to AVA to be killed via a lethal injection. It is to work towards a clean and stray free Tampines, achieve 100 percent stray free environment.

    May we present our culling schedule
    tamp central- 1,5,14,18,27 Sept
    tamp west- 6,15,19,28 Sept & 2,11,20,25 Oct
    tamp north- 8,12,21,25 Sept & 4,13,17,27 Oct
    tamp east- 7,11,20,29 Sept & 3,12,16,25 Oct
    Changkat div- 4,13,22,26 Sept & 5,9,18,30 Oct

    Our pest control personnel will be presenting their skills of rounding up cats in gunny sacks and stuffing them in cages. It promises to be one of the highlights of the year. Very soon you will enjoy the fresh clean cat free Tampinese. In the mean time all members of Clubsnap are welcome to come and take photos and document this historical event. Better still send the photos to the press or stomp to show what a great job we are doing.

    Hip Hip Hooray!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    what is this?
    is this for real or just a joke?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    If this is a joke its in very bad taste.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  4. #4

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Hear all Hear all!

    Tampines Town Council is proud to present a 2 month long cat round up exercise. All cats be it sterlized or not, pet or stray will be rounded up by our pest control units and send to AVA to be killed via a lethal injection. It is to work towards a clean and stray free Tampines, achieve 100 percent stray free environment.

    May we present our culling schedule
    tamp central- 1,5,14,18,27 Sept
    tamp west- 6,15,19,28 Sept & 2,11,20,25 Oct
    tamp north- 8,12,21,25 Sept & 4,13,17,27 Oct
    tamp east- 7,11,20,29 Sept & 3,12,16,25 Oct
    Changkat div- 4,13,22,26 Sept & 5,9,18,30 Oct

    Our pest control personnel will be presenting their skills of rounding up cats in gunny sacks and stuffing them in cages. It promises to be one of the highlights of the year. Very soon you will enjoy the fresh clean cat free Tampinese. In the mean time all members of Clubsnap are welcome to come and take photos and document this historical event. Better still send the photos to the press or stomp to show what a great job we are doing.

    Hip Hip Hooray!

    Thanks (for warning cats lovers)... but no thanks (to the way you put it)... This is a very sick way of posting in here.

    This is no way a "historical event" as you state it. Culling has been for sometime. Calling it as "clean cat free Tampinese" & "one of the highlights of the year" is demeaning too.
    Last edited by kitkat; 3rd September 2006 at 08:26 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    I believe there is a massive dollop of sarcasm in TS's post, directed at the whole incident and decision makers and I think he's done it in a way that will alert cat lovers. If anything, it's obviously more effective than the run of the mill thread. Learn to see beyond the obvious guys.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Well... to me its sarcasm directed at Tampines Town Council
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  7. #7

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    taking pix of the slaughters is so much a great fun n job to u eh TS ?!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    I agree that the sarcasm does work but I guess the insensitive tone of delivery did cause me to balk.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  9. #9

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    this **** is really gonna happen.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    For catlovers, this definitely will be some bad news.

    However, looking into the practical side of it, this will definitely make the precinct cleaner and more presentable. Who likes living in an environment full of roaming cats, left-over food from them (which brings other pest like cockroaches and rodents) and noise during mid-night?

    Here is my experience. Hope the cat lovers won't be antagonized by it. My precinct is also facing the same problem. I would say it's not the cats' fault, but the cat lovers'. They simply feed them with food and never clean them. Every evening, they'd gather without fail at the void decks and wait for their food. They'll make a mess out of it but the leftovers were never cleaned up.

    During the night, they'll fight and make so much noise that woke everyone in the house up. Cars and tyres got scratched. Rodents still roam the streets, and this showed that cats are not there to eliminate these pests, since they're provided food rather than finding food themselves.

    Who's fault is this? The cats' or the cat lovers'? I'll think it's both. If you're a cat lover, keep a cat at home and take good care of it. I think it's very irresponsible to say you're a cat lover but still allow them to roam the streets and never clean up the mess after giving them food, let alone wash them clean. In fact, they shouldn't be providing them food at all.

    I'll definitely support these exercises if there's one in my precinct, not because I hate cats or against cat lovers, but I think the show of love to these cats shouldn't be done this way. If one is really a cat lover, keep 1 or 2 at home and take good care of them, and not allow them to roam the streets! Wild cats are better leaving them alone and numbers need to be put to a controlled level.
    Last edited by Virgo; 3rd September 2006 at 09:45 AM.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  11. #11

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    For catlovers, this definitely will be some bad news.

    However, looking into the practical side of it, this will definitely make the precinct cleaner and more presentable. Who likes living in an environment full of roaming cats, left-over food from them (which brings other pest like cockroaches and rodents) and noise during mid-night?

    Here is my experience. Hope the cat lovers won't be antagonized by it. My precinct is also facing the same problem. I would say it's not the cats' fault, but the cat lovers'. They simply feed them with food and never clean them. Every evening, they'd gather without fail at the void decks and wait for their food. They'll make a mess out of it but the leftovers were never cleaned up.

    During the night, they'll fight and make so much noise that woke everyone in the house up. Cars and tyres got scratched. Rodents still roam the streets, and this showed that cats are not there to eliminate these pests, since they're provided food rather than finding food themselves.

    Who's fault is this? The cats' or the cat lovers'? I'll think it's both. If you're a cat lover, keep a cat at home and take good care of it. I think it's very irresponsible to say you're a cat lover but still allow them to roam the streets and never clean up the mess after giving them food, let alone wash them clean. In fact, they shouldn't be providing them food at all.

    I'll definitely support these exercises if there's one in my precinct, not because I hate cats or against cat lovers, but I think the show of love to these cats shouldn't be done this way. If one is really a cat lover, keep 1 or 2 at home and take good care of them, and not allow them to roam the streets!
    so you are saying that to show love to the cats, we should kill em?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    That's not what I mean. I think wild cats should be put at a controlled level. If they've became pests, the numbers should be controlled. The act of feeding them should be eliminated too.

    I'm an animal lover, but if they're pest, they should be controlled.

    Quote Originally Posted by bumortic
    so you are saying that to show love to the cats, we should kill em?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    For catlovers, this definitely will be some bad news.

    However, looking into the practical side of it, this will definitely make the precinct cleaner and more presentable. Who likes living in an environment full of roaming cats, left-over food from them (which brings other pest like cockroaches and rodents) and noise during mid-night?

    Here is my experience. Hope the cat lovers won't be antagonized by it. My precinct is also facing the same problem. I would say it's not the cats' fault, but the cat lovers'. They simply feed them with food and never clean them. Every evening, they'd gather without fail at the void decks and wait for their food. They'll make a mess out of it but the leftovers were never cleaned up.

    During the night, they'll fight and make so much noise that woke everyone in the house up. Cars and tyres got scratched. Rodents still roam the streets, and this showed that cats are not there to eliminate these pests, since they're provided food rather than finding food themselves.

    Who's fault is this? The cats' or the cat lovers'? I'll think it's both. If you're a cat lover, keep a cat at home and take good care of it. I think it's very irresponsible to say you're a cat lover but still allow them to roam the streets and never clean up the mess after giving them food, let alone wash them clean. In fact, they shouldn't be providing them food at all.

    I'll definitely support these exercises if there's one in my precinct, not because I hate cats or against cat lovers, but I think the show of love to these cats shouldn't be done this way. If one is really a cat lover, keep 1 or 2 at home and take good care of them, and not allow them to roam the streets! Wild cats are better leaving them alone and numbers need to be put to a controlled level.

    the more i read, the more it seems quite clear to me that u meant to cull cats as a great show of humanly affection towards them.









    anyway, i would suggest that the feeding of stray cats be put to a stop, or rather, the town council should appoint 1 or 2 cat lover in a small area, to handle the feeding and the clearing up of the mess, if the cats do cause them.

    these cats mux be neutered to control the population of strays.

    u can't win all these anti-animal lovers over, for the sake of 'beautifying their own precinct' and keeping their housing estate 'presentable'. but a joint effort by all can make a big improvement towards the livelihood of the residents as well as the stray cats.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Yes, that would seem to be the ideal case, but there's always some black sheeps around. Feed them to show their love for the cats, but don't clean them, don't give them a home, don't spay or castrate them for birth control, etc. The authorities definitely need to do something to put a stop to this.

    Sometimes, I was wondering whether if we should even feed stray cats, just like we shouldn't feed monkeys in Bukit Timah Hill or Botanic Gardens. Feeding them will make them lost the ability to find food (catching mice or other pests) in the long term.

    I think we need to differenciate between home cats and stray cats, that's the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    the more i read, the more it seems quite clear to me that u meant to cull cats as a great show of humanly affection towards them.









    anyway, i would suggest that the feeding of stray cats be put to a stop, or rather, the town council should appoint 1 or 2 cat lover in a small area, to handle the feeding and the clearing up of the mess, if the cats do cause them.

    these cats mux be neutered to control the population of strays.

    u can't win all these anti-animal lovers over, for the sake of 'beautifying their own precinct' and keeping their housing estate 'presentable'. but a joint effort by all can make a big improvement towards the livelihood of the residents as well as the stray cats.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    historical event? why don't you just tell me in advance and i could just take some pictures before you kill yourself and i would get paid alot for that picture eh? this is just bullsh*t. cats are pests? i believe cats are one of the cleaniest animal around. yes, they do dirty places and such but from the way the TS put it, you do enjoy watching animals die?
    I Love You :)

  16. #16
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Yes, that would seem to be the ideal case, but there's always some black sheeps around. Feed them to show their love for the cats, but don't clean them, don't give them a home, don't spay or castrate them for birth control, etc. The authorities definitely need to do something to put a stop to this.

    Sometimes, I was wondering whether if we should even feed stray cats, just like we shouldn't feed monkeys in Bukit Timah Hill or Botanic Gardens. Feeding them will make them lost the ability to find food (catching mice or other pests) in the long term.

    I think we need to differenciate between home cats and stray cats, that's the issue.
    we shouldn't feed the pigeons, the monkeys, the cats... etc.etc.

    these would encourage them to be so reliant on humans that the tolerance line will be blurred and soon, more and more humans will take up arms against them. too close for comfort, i guess.

    its sad that TTC has to resort to such a disgusting totally sadistic way of dealing with the 'huge amount of stray cats' that are roaming Tampines. its a 'low blow' in WWE terms, to the cats at least.

    a letter should be sent to the press.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #17
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    On a rationale level, stray cats should NOT be fed, and if they're fed, their food should NOT be left lying about but the feeders should clean up after the feeding rounds. I know it happens in some estates, where people actually clean up after feeding the cats.

    OT:
    Koelsch, please see BEYOND the obvious. I think that explains much about why many say Singaporeans are not creative. They tend to favour the obvious, the straight cut and dry remark. No sense of subtlety or reading between the lines. I think it's the nature of many Singaporeans being spoonfed information instead of dissecting the words to find the true meaning.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    i wonder what would happen next. great job. read between the lines.
    I Love You :)

  19. #19
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    Yes, being an animal lover myself, I think it's very sad. The ones that I should be targetting are the humans who feed them in the first place, but don't bring them into their homes and prevent them from roaming about. I think they've shown the wrong kind of love to these cats. I would say it's a selfish act.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    we shouldn't feed the pigeons, the monkeys, the cats... etc.etc.

    these would encourage them to be so reliant on humans that the tolerance line will be blurred and soon, more and more humans will take up arms against them. too close for comfort, i guess.

    its sad that TTC has to resort to such a disgusting totally sadistic way of dealing with the 'huge amount of stray cats' that are roaming Tampines. its a 'low blow' in WWE terms, to the cats at least.

    a letter should be sent to the press.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  20. #20
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

    The thing is: they SHOULD NOT be fed at all! Feeding them causes them to be reliant to humans for food. You only feed animals when you want to keep them at your home as pets. As what I've mentioned before, we need to differenciate between stray and home cats. We don't feed stray cats at all. Cleaning up the leftovers is NOT an option, unless they're your pet, and we keep pets AT HOME.

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    On a rationale level, stray cats should NOT be fed, and if they're fed, their food should NOT be left lying about but the feeders should clean up after the feeding rounds. I know it happens in some estates, where people actually clean up after feeding the cats.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •