Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What has she done to deserve this?

Default Re: What has she done to deserve this?

two out come from this photo."A singaporean lady got kill by her maid " or "A maid was ill-treated by a singaporean employer...."

all laws got loopholes, obvious 1s r no $$ & ppl who atand up against employers may b shun by future employers.

you guys are missing the other point, it is not only about washing the car in the rain.

TS wrote the mam got the miad to stand in the void deck, all wet, for 1/2hr.

remember, they work 6 days, if they are lucky, some work 7. and the work hour is from as early as 5am till late night. imagine after getting all wet from washing the car, standing in the void deck, shivering with cold, still have to work till late night. how many of us can tahan this kind of life??
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

The employer should get fined for such ill treatment to the maid and get barred from having maid.

Maybe this sick employer loves to shower in the rain too..

eerrrr... actually.. i like to do this.. haha.. save water.. then after the rain has stopped, i'll juz wipe the car dry.. looks as good as any car wash.. but then again..sometimes i'll be too lazy. depends on my mood.

Recently, there was a news regarding 200+ new maids, cramped in a small room at Little India area, with one fan and one toilet.

Heard it from the radio news this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    I hire maids too but I don't ask them to wash my car.
    wah... u beri rich...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    eerrrr... actually.. i like to do this.. haha.. save water.. then after the rain has stopped, i'll juz wipe the car dry.. looks as good as any car wash.. but then again..sometimes i'll be too lazy. depends on my mood.
    but you dont have to stand wait in the void deck for 1/2hr, all wet, while cold wind blow at you. and you can always take mc if you fall sick.

sorry if you will feel offended niki. dont mean to.

just trying to point out the big difference between the "sir and mam" and the "maid".
    Last edited by denniskee; 4th September 2006 at 12:15 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Recently, there was a news regarding 200+ new maids, cramped in a small room at Little India area, with one fan and one toilet.

Heard it from the radio news this morning.
    This is probably all to reduce companies 'costs'...happens when people don't see them as people anymore but as a number.......very sad....

Think it is written in the papers, but I haven't read it yet.

HS

this is really sad. i cannot believe any employer would make a maid go and do such a thing. their stupidity is really beyond belief.

to the original poster, i hope that you consider reporting this to the MOM or the Philipino embassy, im sure you have the car number plate or can confirm the number.

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    this is really sad. i cannot believe any employer would make a maid go and do such a thing. their stupidity is really beyond belief.

to the original poster, i hope that you consider reporting this to the MOM or the Philipino embassy, im sure you have the car number plate or can confirm the number.
    Too bad that I didnt take down the number but I will be at this place again soon as I have some work to do at this block.
    I didnt find out the nationality of the maid.

To my fellow CSers, the earlier location was highlighted wrongly. It is not at Tampines but at Blk 411 Hougang.

Anyway, I have dropped an email to the New Paper since they just did a feature story to domestic workers yesterday. If they want to take this up to highlight the situation, all the better. I believe there are many unreported cases elsewhere. What have we Singaporeans become

Many Singaporeans do not have the prerequsite EQ to employ domestic help, thinking that they are chattels and are outside of conventional employment norms.

Primitive and very much truthful representations of the noveau riche, with no sense nor intellect to understand that a maid is an employee and a human being.

I want to see this employer punished in a court of law, and barred from employing any domestic help in the future. With that kind of intelligence failure, she should be locked in a straitjacket.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 5th September 2006 at 01:03 AM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

lucky it wasn't a cat that was asked to wash the car in the rain

actually i like to wash my car in the rain, but i don't think the FDW likes it.
    having a FDW is a tricky business, if you are lucky you get a good one.
    the good ones can be treated like part of the family.

the bad ones will dissappear in the middle of the night for ECA
    there are just as many horror stories about bad FDW as there are good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka
    I think the employer missed the appointment with the neuro surgeon.

Now THIS I like
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    lucky it wasn't a cat that was asked to wash the car in the rain

actually i like to wash my car in the rain, but i don't think the FDW likes it.
    having a FDW is a tricky business, if you are lucky you get a good one.
    the good ones can be treated like part of the family.

the bad ones will dissappear in the middle of the night for ECA
    there are just as many horror stories about bad FDW as there are good stories.

Ahhh sorry to OT, but ortega, I like your sense of humor

On a serious note.

If nothing has already transpired by this time.

What about making a print out of all the comments so far "excluding my last 2"

Putting them in an envelope with a note saying, "Is this how you like being famous".

And putting it in her letter box.

Quote Originally Posted by sigg
    Weather: Heavy downpour

Maam: Ok now you can go to the carpark to wash the car. Dont forget to bring along a sponge
    Maid: Yes maam (NO choice)

And so she goes, in one hand the umbrella and the other a sponge

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/0115.jpg

Shes a human after all, what must the Maam been thinking. I dont understand such id&^%*& behaviour
    Did you hear that? or did you just make it up?

it isn't good to go round speculating without knowing the full facts of the story.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Hmm, should send this pic to stomp so that more Singaporean can see it, include this maid employer.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    Did you hear that? or did you just make it up?

it isn't good to go round speculating without knowing the full facts of the story.
    yes I do admit that this little conversation was made up. Perhaps I should clarify in my first thread. I think the picture speaks for itself.

At first I thought it was the owner of the car who was washing this, so I guess, take a cam and snap from my window since it do make an interesting piece. I was in my vehicle waiting for the heavy rain to stop. There she goes scrubbing the chassis...and then the tyre ( said to myself: Is she crazy to do this). After some observation, I realised it was a maid doing all this.

please see post #27 for the rest of stroy

yah, many here in SG mistake their maids for paid-slaves.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Slavery is the social and legal designation of specific persons as property, for the purpose of providing labor and services for the owner without the right of the slave to refuse, or gain compensation.

A maidservant or in current usage maid is a female employed in domestic service. Once part of an elaborate hierarchy in great houses, today the maid may be the only domestic worker that upper and even middle-income households can afford. In the Western world, comparatively few households can afford live-in domestic help, usually compromising on periodic cleaners. In less developed nations, fewer educated women and limited opportunities for working women ensures a labour source for domestic work.

Maids perform typical domestic chores such as cooking, ironing, washing, cleaning the house, grocery shopping, walking the family dog, and taking care of children. In some countries, maids take on the role of a nurse in taking care of the elderly and people with disabilities. Maids are often expected to work at least fifteen hours per day. Many maids are required by their employers to wear a uniform.

A domestic worker, or simply domestic, is a servant who works within their employer's household. Servants are distinguishable from serfs or slaves in that they are compensated, that is, they must receive payment (and, following labour reforms in the 20th Century, benefits) for their work. They are also free to leave their employment at any time, although social conditions may make that difficult.
    Last edited by micah4; 5th September 2006 at 11:55 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast