Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What has she done to deserve this?

Default Re: What has she done to deserve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    ur contract is against the law then... cause there was a big hooo haa about this a while back... and maids are not supposed to wash cars.
    Sorry lah. Long time never read newspaper. All my news from CNA website. I did ask my wife abt my maid whether she can wash the car cause I got no time and too lazy. She told me tat the contract never states and if we have to do it, there needs to be extra pay if I am correct. Majority of my neighbours' maids seems to have their maids washing the car though. Can see them doing it when I pass their gates.

So can she complain to the MOM if she wants to? (the maid)

It's just to save water. Who here washes their own car on a fine day?
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

I think the employer missed the appointment with the neuro surgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam
    Here.

Did u shoot from the front of the car? ... post the numbers ...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Did u shoot from the front of the car? ... post the numbers ...
    you want to buy 4D?

=========================

in fact there is more to this. She even scrubbed the tyres with that sponge (where you might used to wash dishes), left and right. After about 15 mins or so, I saw her getting to the back of the car, while the owner (lady) got into the driver seat. A min later she asked her to get off and wait at the void deck. (Maybe dont like the idea to drive her maid around)

Apparently the owner went to fetch her daughter. Half hour later they both arrived. And the maid then rushed to open the front passenger seat to pick up her daughter with an umbrella. It was raining heavily all this while. Then the maam follow suit.

I think it is really improper to treat a maid like that. I know a maid has to do chores but DO NOT impose such duties especially in heavy rain, climb trees to pluck fruits or climb over the window ledge to clean windows, etc. Where is the safety comes first factor??

If you live at Blk 8@# Tampines, do lookout for that blue car.

I wash my own car too

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sigg
    Weather: Heavy downpour

Maam: Ok now you can go to the carpark to wash the car. Dont forget to bring along a sponge
    Maid: Yes maam (NO choice)

And so she goes, in one hand the umbrella and the other a sponge

Shes a human after all, what must the Maam been thinking. I dont understand such id&^%*& behaviour

after washing, the maid came back.
    "Maam, Maam, ur car got some long scratches"........ ...........

my 2cents evil thought.

stupid employer. Hope next time reborn as a maid.

That looks like a Nissan Sunny. Anyway if domestic helpers (aka maids) are supposed to help with domestic work, isn't car washing out of the scope?

Just to relate, I have a neighbor who rides a bike. His skinny maid would have to wait for him to get home late at night, and she'll carry a bucket (full size) with brushes, bike canvas, and go downstairs to wash his bike, then cover it up. Just a few nights ago, I saw the idiot riding into the carpark, and sounded his horn. Apparently the horn is to signal the maid to come downstairs with the pair.

pity the maid ..

the maid will treat her madam/sir some extra ingredients to their food / throw their toddler from the window / burn or kill them

Quote Originally Posted by sigg
    you want to buy 4D?

=========================

in fact there is more to this. She even scrubbed the tyres with that sponge (where you might used to wash dishes), left and right. After about 15 mins or so, I saw her getting to the back of the car, while the owner (lady) got into the driver seat. A min later she asked her to get off and wait at the void deck. (Maybe dont like the idea to drive her maid around)

Apparently the owner went to fetch her daughter. Half hour later they both arrived. And the maid then rushed to open the front passenger seat to pick up her daughter with an umbrella. It was raining heavily all this while. Then the maam follow suit.

I think it is really improper to treat a maid like that. I know a maid has to do chores but DO NOT impose such duties especially in heavy rain, climb trees to pluck fruits or climb over the window ledge to clean windows, etc. Where is the safety comes first factor??

If you live at Blk 8@# Tampines, do lookout for that blue car.

since you already posted here why not go STOMP as well!

Food for thought ......

Since Mar 06, the Workplace Safety & Health Act (and subsidiary legislations) came into force. If I remember correctly, the Act essentially requires employers take all 'reasonably practicable measures' to ensure that their workplace is safe. This is done in part through carrying out 'risk assessments' to highlight the hazards/risks as well as control measures to remove or reduce the risks. Although the Act is targeting (for now) the construction, shipping, manufacturing, petrol chemical, etc industries, the definition of 'workplace' under the Act is rather broad, and can (and I suspect it will) eventually cover almost every other 'workplace'.

For this case, the Maam (as Employer) is required to highlight the risks that the maid (as Employee) are subjected to at the 'workplace' (home, carpark, etc) and adopt control measures. So if the Act does apply to this situation, the Maam could be in deep **** by exposing the maid to unneccessary risks (e.g risk of getting struck by lightning, getting sick because of the bad weather, possible physical injury from say cuts, etc) without taking any control measures.

The enforcement agency (correct me if I'm wrong) for infringements under the Act is the Ministry of Manpower.

Btw, the financial penalties for infringements under the Act can really burn a BIG HOLE in your pocket, and if the infringements are severe enough or repeated, you can get 'free food & lodging' for 6 months to 1 year. Plus, you get to add one more record to your resume/portofolio .... a criminal record, that is! Infringement on safety under the Act is a criminal offence.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Welcome to a first class nation. Even the way maids are mistreated is first class.

lots of company also self-proclaim they are world class. very "ah q". unfortunately, it seems countrys also follow this trend.

well, as the chinese saying goes

"road far know horse's strength, day long know man's heart".

hi TS, wish had you shot the car plate number also.
    Last edited by denniskee; 3rd September 2006 at 02:51 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

maybe this maid deliberately wanted to wash car in the rain? who knows.. to think of it... the rain really saves her alot of job.... i have done it before, to soaped my entire car (in a multi storey) after a drive on rainy day, then drive it back in the rain for a quick rinse.. nvm gonna be easier....

Quote Originally Posted by zag
    since you already posted here why not go STOMP as well!
    good idea, didnt think of it. Mybe I would later in the day but I prefer to share my stuff over here

BTW, to all who have maids, just a reminder that SLAVERY is outlawed.

U treat ur maid like a maid, a domestic helper, a human being. NOT WITH THE FRIGGIN' MIND that, "I pay her, she has to do whatever I tell her to." which is no different from slavery.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

i wash my car weekly unless heavy rain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast