Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which bank offers the highest interest % on deposits?

Default Which bank offers the highest interest % on deposits?

Just curious, which bank offers the best interest rates on deposits? AFAIK, its either Maybank's iSavvy account or Standard Chartered's e$avers account (around 2.38% p.a.). Anything better out there? For amounts ranging from $10,000 to $50,000. Thx in advance

Default Re: Which bank offers the highest interest % on deposits?

You're talking about savings account or fixed deposit?
    I think F.D. can get higher than e$avers - that's a internet based savings account.

Savings account tend to have lower interest rates because you can just draw out any time.

Though e$avers is a pretty good choice compared to plain ol' POSB (~.125% last year, ROFL)

do a search on singapura finance

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare
    You're talking about savings account or fixed deposit?
    I think F.D. can get higher than e$avers - that's a internet based savings account.

Savings account tend to have lower interest rates because you can just draw out any time.

Though e$avers is a pretty good choice compared to plain ol' POSB (~.125% last year, ROFL)
    Actually, most of the fixed (timed) deposits interest rates I've seen are in the 0.8% p.a. range, way below the eSavers/iSavvy rates of 2+%

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    do a search on singapura finance
    Their fixed deposits for $25k and below is 2.25%, still below 2.38% of Maybank's iSavvy account, unless you're talking about 24 months or more, or more than $50,000. Not bad... but the other two allows you to withdraw at any time without losing your interest

Are you talking about fixed term deposits or instant access account ? For instant access accounts, haven't seen anything better than the maybank iSavy or the SC e$aver. For fixed deposits, the best I've seen for S$ is HSBC's 3.6% (if you have an HSBC Infinity account)

There is a promotion from OCBC now, fixed deposit 10months >$200k rate is 3.388%, $40k-$200k I think is 3.288%...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    There is a promotion from OCBC now, fixed deposit 10months >$200k rate is 3.388%, $40k-$200k I think is 3.288%...
    Thanks Astin and Gooseberry... but I don't have that kind of money to put in

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Actually, most of the fixed (timed) deposits interest rates I've seen are in the 0.8% p.a. range, way below the eSavers/iSavvy rates of 2+%
    Eh, that's weird, most that I saw were at least 2+% lor.
    Better ones 3+, especially when with big banks.
    HSBC just had promo that ended 31 Aug 06, as stipulated earlier. =)

Just check all of the FD online with big banks, should have no trouble getting 3+ somewhere if you do your homework.

for FD is there an admin charges?

coz there was a promoter from hsbc introducing me to a plan where u put in $ every month, the interest rate was 4% or 5% pa. but as there is a admin charge, after 10 years i only earn 10+% of what i put in total, (not taking anything out, even keeping the yearly interest in the bank) that brings the pa to something like 1+% or 2+%

what does PLUS 6%** interest-on-interest means? does it mean if i keep the $ with them for 6 months i get 8.38/2%?

also does anyone knows if i can TT the money from maybank to UOB or DBS?

Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    what does PLUS 6%** interest-on-interest means? does it mean if i keep the $ with them for 6 months i get 8.38/2%?

also does anyone knows if i can TT the money from maybank to UOB or DBS?
    it means you get extra 6% on the interest you got for the past 6 months... example you have earn a total of $100 in interest for 6 months, you get extra $6 on the 6th month

yes you can electronically transfer money back to your other bank account. Take 2 working days to go through.

Not sure if they still have it, but Citibank offers 3% for amounts between $30k - $50k. More than that is 3.288% I think.

And it's unfixed somemore.

No I don't think so, but just read the fine print everytime just in case. =D

Some banks tries to sell u those investment-link products as fixed-deposit products, pls watch out, they are actually totally different!

Some banks tries to sell u those investment-link products as fixed-deposit products, pls watch out, they are actually totally different!
    yup, some structured deposit which are investment linked are sold as fixed deposit. Either customer are mislead, or they do not fully understand the products.

ah, thanks. i guess it could be investment as there is quite high admin charges

Ask dr.Money

http://askdrmoney.com/Deposit_accounts_Details1.htm

But I am not sure how updated is this

Smile Re: Which bank offers the highest interest % on deposits?

fd rates are at least 3% pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76

Smile Re: Which bank offers the highest interest % on deposits?

for pure fd, no charges at all.

coz there was a promoter from hsbc introducing me to a plan where u put in $ every month, the interest rate was 4% or 5% pa. but as there is a admin charge, after 10 years i only earn 10+% of what i put in total, (not taking anything out, even keeping the yearly interest in the bank) that brings the pa to something like 1+% or 2+%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast