Thread: Dust in Lens

Default Dust in Lens

My EF 28-123mm IS USM lens got some speck of dusts in it. How much will it cost to have the lens cleaned and can someone recommend a good and reliable shop?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Dust in Lens

Quote Originally Posted by ody2061
    My EF 28-123mm IS USM lens got some speck of dusts in it. How much will it cost to have the lens cleaned and can someone recommend a good and reliable shop?

Thanks in advance.
    Send to canon. Less than $100.

Thanks in advance.
    try to blow it off...n shaking the lens for the dust to fall to the side...this is wat some of them teach me....unless is stubborn dust....
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

Wah, shake also can arh? Then when you use again later won't it fall back onto the glass? I recommend if its there and it irritates you/your pics, get rid of it - go straight to Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by tamiya_model
    Wah, shake also can arh? Then when you use again later won't it fall back onto the glass? I recommend if its there and it irritates you/your pics, get rid of it - go straight to Canon.
    so far no prob...n no 1 ask u shake so hard...gently shake it....
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

Try shooting at some tighter apertures, if the dust doesn't show up in the image then don't worry about it. A bit of dust is quite normal.

Thanks in advance.
    if it's not visible in ur images, don't waste your $
    eat. drink. shoot

Thanks in advance.
    As said if not visible in yr images then leave it. If u're very particular abt having dusts then send it back to Canon for cleaning.

By the way it's 28-135mm.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    As said if not visible in yr images then leave it. If u're very particular abt having dusts then send it back to Canon for cleaning.

By the way it's 28-135mm.

Thanks Snoweagle, noticed that I typed 123mm instead of 135mm!!

Just took this off Changi Beach.

1) I realized there is a red dot that appears in all my photos always at the same position. It is somewhere at top of the photo. Is this from the lens or from my camera's sensor?

2) Can you guys help me see if all the 'lens flare' look-alike stuff in this photo are due to my lens?

Kam sia again....

Thanks Snoweagle, noticed that I typed 123mm instead of 135mm!!

Just took this off Changi Beach.

1) I realized there is a red dot that appears in all my photos always at the same position. It is somewhere at top of the photo. Is this from the lens or from my camera's sensor?

2) Can you guys help me see if all the 'lens flare' look-alike stuff in this photo are due to my lens?

Kam sia again....
    1) i think ur cam sensor gt hotpixel
    2) use a hood to reduce possibility of lens flare
    My Site

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz
    3) think you can remove your UV filter for the night shots to reduce flare too

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz
    What can I do to fix the cam sensor hotpixel thingy? How much will it cost?