Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Hi All,

    Don't know where to pose this question, and since Kopitiam is the most visited are in Clubsnap (after the Bull and **** section) I post it here:

    After formatting my Sandisk Ultra II CF card in the Canon camera I usually see that I can take around 300-315 images for the highest JPG, however sometimes I get a much higher amount: 407!!

    How is this possible?

    Hong Sien

  2. #2
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Hi All,

    Don't know where to pose this question, and since Kopitiam is the most visited are in Clubsnap (after the Bull and **** section) I post it here:

    After formatting my Sandisk Ultra II CF card in the Canon camera I usually see that I can take around 300-315 images for the highest JPG, however sometimes I get a much higher amount: 407!!

    How is this possible?

    Hong Sien
    Tis is normal..the indication is only base on the size available on CF/the max. file size per image..but most of the times images won't hit that limit..and the images oso varies on size..
    hence u get the additional no. of images..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply, however I am not talking about the amount DURING the usage of the card, BUT just right after formatting it.......(so still an empty CF card), it is a 2GB CF card BTW.

    HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 1st September 2006 at 01:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply, however I am not talking about the amount DURING the usage of the card, BUT just right after formatting it.......(so still an empty CF card), it is a 2GB CF card BTW.

    HS
    oops, sorry for the misunderstanding..

    strange case! did u check whether the settings are the same, ie. large basic/large fine/medium basic/medium fine/...all this different settings will give different amount..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    oops, sorry for the misunderstanding..

    strange case! did u check whether the settings are the same, ie. large basic/large fine/medium basic/medium fine/...all this different settings will give different amount..
    Yes, the same settings.....but it only occurs only when formatting card after several uses, and then formatting. Not when I format a few times after each other.

    Just took a few shots, format and yup: again 408 images possible at highest JPG setting (highest L). Weird......

    HS

  6. #6
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    did you change the ISO setting?
    eat. drink. shoot

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    if you shoot lot of white, light color scene jpg, compare to lot of black, dark color scene jpg, you can get more in a CF card, as their file size are smaller.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #8
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    if you shoot lot of white, light color scene jpg, compare to lot of black, dark color scene jpg, you can get more in a CF card, as their file size are smaller.
    erm TS said right after formatting
    eat. drink. shoot

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    erm TS said right after formatting
    i see, my bad.

    for this, I don't know.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Can u sell ur card to me then ?

    wahahhaa..

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Sandisk Ultra II after formatting

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    Can u sell ur card to me then ?

    wahahhaa..
    I will give it to you once the numbers start to go down......he he he

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •