it's meant for my sis. thinking if possible can get during comex hoping for a better deal. her requirements are very simple... basically to get a digicam just for the sake of having a digicam coz right now she dun have anything, so whenever go tour must borrow from me.
- no need very high mp. i was thinking perhaps 4mp good enough (i'm still on FX1 which is 3.2mp, still printing 4r quite happily). probably won't be printing >4r anytime in the near future. but if got more, the merrier.
- preferably more compact in size... duwan those canon A series kind of size.
- zoom.... 3x optical should be ok. again, if got more, the merrier.
- no specific requirement for strength but well, just like a layman, preferably an all rounder with decent day and low light shoots.
- video........ hmm... never thought of it... just general "standard" standard will do.
- good battery life (quite important). duwan like my FX1... sux man...
- budget $400.
haha... basically a cheap, compact, all rounder value for money cam. no need to be super class. it's meant to be entry level after all... just for her to take pics when go tour and misc. to her probably as long as got picture come out satisfied liao haha....
however a quick browse around the shops seems to me compact + not-so-high-mp + cheap dun really exists now leh... or did i miss anything? my preferred brands are canon, panasonic, nikon.... fujifilm and olympus also can... sony... i only like their discman leh hahaha.... casio... hmm... unless really trash all else i still can't get past the branding/impression barrier.