Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Convectional Vs Digital

  1. #21

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang

    Actually, compact digital cameras have their places, even for the DSLR/SLR user. Especially those with swivel LCD or lens like the Coolpix 9xx, 5000, Canon G series, etc. They let you shoot easily from weird angles unattainable with normal SLRs without contorting your body.
    Thats were I liked my F4s, many times I would remove the DP-20 viewfinder and use the DW-20 to shoot from low and wierd angles. Or even shoot without the viewfinder. Maybe I should buy another F4 or an F5

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy


    Thats were I liked my F4s, many times I would remove the DP-20 viewfinder and use the DW-20 to shoot from low and wierd angles. Or even shoot without the viewfinder. Maybe I should buy another F4 or an F5
    sorry wat;s a DP-20 & DW-20?

  3. #23
    Naimed
    Guests

    Default

    I use the swivel LCD for very tight location. Mount the cam on a tripod in a corner of the room and use the remote to take pics. Pretty useful in that sense. Digicam - more of a convenience to me.

    This is like a "vinyl or ceedee?" question. ;P

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz


    CK,

    I am not sure about this one cos when I bought my G2 in December - the swivel was one of the factors that swayed me in the direction of the G2. However, I find that I hardly ever need it and the LCD stays flat on the cam - I practically never swivel the lens out.

    What sort of situation do u use the swivel lens for ur coolpix?

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by Naimed
    I use the swivel LCD for very tight location. Mount the cam on a tripod in a corner of the room and use the remote to take pics. Pretty useful in that sense. Digicam - more of a convenience to me.

    This is like a "vinyl or ceedee?" question. ;P

    but won't u be too far away to be able to see wat's on the swivel LCD?

  5. #25

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz


    sorry wat;s a DP-20 & DW-20?
    interchangeable viewfinders for the F4

    DP-20 is what comes with the camera
    DW-20 Waistlevel finder

    there is also the

    DA-20 Action finder
    DW-21 6x magnification finder

    you have similiar for the F3 and F5

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy


    interchangeable viewfinders for the F4

    DP-20 is what comes with the camera
    DW-20 Waistlevel finder

    there is also the

    DA-20 Action finder
    DW-21 6x magnification finder

    you have similiar for the F3 and F5
    oic - sounds a little cheem. Do they make them for F80?

  7. #27

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz


    oic - sounds a little cheem. Do they make them for F80?
    no... the viewfinder is not interchangeable on the F80

  8. #28

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz

    oic - sounds a little cheem. Do they make them for F80?
    To add to mysteriousjimmy comment on the viewfinders, interchangable finders are only found on the following Nikon Pro Bodies... F, F2, F3, F4 and F5 plus the Kodak DCS 620x, 660, 720x & 760 which are all based on the F5 body.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by SzennyBoy


    To add to mysteriousjimmy comment on the viewfinders, interchangable finders are only found on the following Nikon Pro Bodies... F, F2, F3, F4 and F5 plus the Kodak DCS 620x, 660, 720x & 760 which are all based on the F5 body.
    that's just so mean on nikon - only put such stuff on Pro bodies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •