Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Dear Forumers

    My wife been complaining me spending too much time in this Forum. I have booked a Holidays to Japan next week to keep her happy. but, the tourism business is so bad that not enough people to start the tour so it was cancelled. NOw I am stuck with no where to go. Could you guys and gals please kindly recommend any nice place for a short 3D/4D Holidays. Where to book? Not to expansive also so got money left to buy filter.

    Thanks--

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Dear Forumers

    My wife been complaining me spending too much time in this Forum. I have booked a Holidays to Japan next week to keep her happy. but, the tourism business is so bad that not enough people to start the tour so it was cancelled. NOw I am stuck with no where to go. Could you guys and gals please kindly recommend any nice place for a short 3D/4D Holidays. Where to book? Not to expansive also so got money left to buy filter.

    Thanks--
    Pulau Ubin?

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    431

    Default

    sentosa the best
    cos also got picture to take

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Re: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Pulau Ubin?

    Regards
    CK
    Youe mean the Survival Resort? Don't want lah. Then broke my leg come back.

    Preferbly some resort place outside Singapore for 4 days 3 nights.

    Thanks--

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Youe mean the Survival Resort? Don't want lah. Then broke my leg come back.

    Preferbly some resort place outside Singapore for 4 days 3 nights.

    Thanks--
    Redang is quite popular for those looking for 4D3N type holidays. Haven't been there yet, but seeing the photos of friends who were there, quite a nice and scenic place.

    Regards
    CK

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Redang is quite popular for those looking for 4D3N type holidays. Haven't been there yet, but seeing the photos of friends who were there, quite a nice and scenic place.

    Regards
    CK
    Where is that CK? in Thailand or Indonesia?

    Thanks--

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Where is that CK? in Thailand or Indonesia?

    Thanks--
    Indonesia if I am not wrong. I have not been there, so I don't know a lot about that place.

    Regards
    CK

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    thanks CK, will check that out.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by nicholas1986
    sentosa the best
    cos also got picture to take
    Prefer some place outside Singapore, any other recommendation?

    Thanks--

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Under your skin
    Posts
    533

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Where is that CK? in Thailand or Indonesia?

    Thanks--
    It's in Malaysia. State of Terengganu. Great spot for diving, snorkeling & lying around doing nothing. It's the island where that Sammi Cheng + Richie Ren movie was shot (the one with the Mo Mo Tea House).

    http://www.redang.com.my/

    Excellent location to take photos. Shot around 5-6 rolls last year when i was there. two thumbs up. Great sunrise/sunset shots.

    Should book well in advance as diving season is coming round the corner.

    Alternate short travel getaway destinations: Bali, Kuantan, Penang, Koh Samui, Phuket, Krabi, P.Aur/Dayang, Tioman, Berkelah waterfalls, Jerankang waterfalls, Endau Rompin (if you're up to it).. really depends on your travel preferrences.

    must have clean toilet one lah, must have piped hot water on lah, must have air-con one lah, must have cable tv in hotel room one lah, must shop one lah..
    Last edited by rochkoh; 26th February 2002 at 12:04 AM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Pulau Redang is in malaysia. North part

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help! Looking for Place of Interest to go

    Originally posted by rochkoh


    It's in Malaysia. State of Terengganu. Great spot for diving, snorkeling & lying around doing nothing. It's the island where that Sammi Cheng + Richie Ren movie was shot (the one with the Mo Mo Tea House).

    http://www.redang.com.my/

    Excellent location to take photos. Shot around 5-6 rolls last year when i was there. two thumbs up. Great sunrise/sunset shots.

    Should book well in advance as diving season is coming round the corner.

    Alternate short travel getaway destinations: Bali, Kuantan, Penang, Koh Samui, Phuket, Krabi, P.Aur/Dayang, Tioman, Berkelah waterfalls, Jerankang waterfalls, Endau Rompin (if you're up to it).. really depends on your travel preferrences.

    must have clean toilet one lah, must have piped hot water on lah, must have air-con one lah, must have cable tv in hotel room one lah, must shop one lah..
    Thanks, will check it out...

    Agreed on the neccessities...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by franciskc
    Pulau Redang is in malaysia. North part
    Ooik, it is a beach or Pulau??? Will check it out...

    Thanks--

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    How about Boracay? It's in the Philippines... don't worry, the notorious Abu Sayyaf are far far away.

    I've been there once (off-shore though <g>) and my, the white sand beaches are really lovely (and sparkling blue waters)! Would definitely go there once me and my family go back home for a visit (I'm a Filipino).

    :Later,
    _

  15. #15

    Default My suggestion

    You might want to try Koh Samui.
    A resort island in Thailand........my colleagues have been there and they have returned with photos of really beautiful landscape views.....

  16. #16

    Default

    Honestly, why not book a room at one of the hotels in Singapore itself? I realised one thing about Singapore when I decided to see it in a different light. Try doing this, change your perspective, start going around Singapore like a tourist. You realise that there's so many things that you've never realised was happening in Singapore. There's Little India, Chinatown, and various places of little interests (pardon the pun!). Of course, it doesn't sound as good as going to Redang, or Batam or whatever. But it definitely makes a good and cheap getaway.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by Pinoy
    How about Boracay? It's in the Philippines... don't worry, the notorious Abu Sayyaf are far far away.

    I've been there once (off-shore though <g>) and my, the white sand beaches are really lovely (and sparkling blue waters)! Would definitely go there once me and my family go back home for a visit (I'm a Filipino).

    :Later,
    _
    Thanks Pinoy aka Jdelphi. Err, you won't happen to be Johnathan right?

    Boracay is on which Island? After Cebu?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: My suggestion

    Originally posted by nutz
    You might want to try Koh Samui.
    A resort island in Thailand........my colleagues have been there and they have returned with photos of really beautiful landscape views.....
    Thanks Nutz.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Thanks Pinoy aka Jdelphi. Err, you won't happen to be Johnathan right?

    Boracay is on which Island? After Cebu?
    Jonathan? Who's that? A fellow countryman of mine here?

    Yes. Boracay is after Cebu. It's a few hours boat ride from there. There's a flight from Singapore to Cebu, if I remember correctly. Not sure whether it's a direct flight though.

    :Later,

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Thanks Ninja and Richard.

    Ninja, look like you are very resourceful. Got a lot of Lobang also.

    Richard, I agree with you as I never have a chance to properly explorer Singapore yet as a Tourist. But married man like me have our constrain and I glad that Ninja help explain it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •