Thread: Database errors the most likely cause of missing popular threads

Default Database errors the most likely cause of missing popular threads

Dear all,

Last night (29/08/06) at approximately 11:25pm, ClubSNAP's database had multiple errors that needed to be repaired. We were offline for around 15mins.

Today, it has come to my attention that a couple of popular threads are missing. Trawling through the logs showed that no one has deleted those threads. Some of the threads in question that I am aware of are:
    - "Kelvin's favourite wedding pics" thread by iamasaint
    - "Colleen" thread by tuck loong
    - "Gundam to the highest state of consciousness" (not sure who's the threadstarter)

While we do have a backup of the database before it was fixed, it would take an enormous amount of time and effort to pull out the many posts.

I would suggest that the thread starters repost their threads if continued discussion is desired. Appreciate everyone's understanding of this and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers!
    Edmund

Default Re: Database errors the most likely cause of missing popular threads

ok are we back on now?

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    ok are we back on now?
    they are back but think last night experience database error again ..

hope the server can be more stable ..

suggestion : wonder can they limit the access to CS by guest when busy as I as paying customer cant access due to traffic heavy etc etc ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    suggestion : wonder can they limit the access to CS by guest when busy as I as paying customer cant access due to traffic heavy etc etc ..
    priority to members who signed up with CS gallery and webspace?

sounds good...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    they are back but think last night experience database error again ..

hope the server can be more stable ..

Sorry to inform you that this wont happen.

1st you are a paying customer because of gallery and webspace .
    2nd Seperating the access will make our administration even more tedious to manage.
    3rd The current forum software doesnt allow us to do that w/o investing in NEW hardware.

Access by priority sounds so much like that hrm... some forum with some gay deluxe members scheme thingy. I don't surf it everyday, silly of me to pay. Yet everytime I visit the site, see that silly "Deluxe Members blah blah" message. Totally nutz!