Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so many shoots.....

Default so many shoots.....

Recently i saw there are a numbers of different shoots with models.
    Now, i saw got japanese girls school uniform kinda thing.

I will not be surprise that near future got fetish shoots, or something more then usual.

Wondering good or bad

Its just a gimmick to earn $$$ from those dreamers photographers, as getting near to those models wearing little to fetish outfit are a dream come true.

Or put it a better way, those organiser are earning little to non, just to promote better photography locally, to enhance better friendship among photographers, to learn with each other, and better, to up the standards og photography in singapore.

Just think: Will joining those outings will really learn???
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Default Re: so many shoots.....

i know i will kena slam by those dreamers, or ppl who say not again this post, so i siam now, back after my last reservist.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    i know i will kena slam by those dreamers, or ppl who say not again this post, so i siam now, back after my last reservist.
    got fetish kind, i prefer to shoot video liao... my dream is to be AV director...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    got fetish kind, i prefer to shoot video liao... my dream is to be AV director...
    AV need direction one meh ? OTOT

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Nap .. be an AV actor better . not only can see but also touch and use it ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    AV need direction one meh ? OTOT
    Probably the blind leading the blind ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

I will not be surprise that near future got fetish shoots, or something more then usual.

Wondering good or bad

Its just a gimmick to earn $$$ from those dreamers photographers, as getting near to those models wearing little to fetish outfit are a dream come true.

Or put it a better way, those organiser are earning little to non, just to promote better photography locally, to enhance better friendship among photographers, to learn with each other, and better, to up the standards og photography in singapore.

Learn? Actually I personally doubt so unless its an exclusive 2-on-1 shoot. 1 experienced, 1 newbie and they've got all the time in the world.

10 to 1? U wait long-long.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Blog Entries

so many ppl shooting with so little time, how to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    so many ppl shooting with so little time, how to learn?
    I seem to notice the amount of time available for each photographer is rather limited.
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Hexlord
    I seem to notice the amount of time available for each photographer is rather limited.
    I wonder how much time each of them actually has? How to exercise your creativity when so many ppl beside you clamouring for model's attention and blasting away? Is there a 'safety distance' from the model? Never attended such shoots before.

Blog Entries

info is from what i read, i have never been to one of these shoots yet

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    I wonder how much time each of them actually has? How to exercise your creativity when so many ppl beside you clamouring for model's attention and blasting away? Is there a 'safety distance' from the model? Never attended such shoots before.
    It depends on the photographer to model ratio. I feel that 4:1 is a good ratio but having less is better. It very much depends on the social etiquette of the people in your group; taking turns to shoot and assisting each other so each one will have ample time with the model. However for this fetish shoots, they will we just machine gunning away trying to get all the "kawai" snapshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    It depends on the photographer to model ratio. I feel that 4:1 is a good ratio but having less is better. It very much depends on the social etiquette of the people in your group; taking turns to shoot and assisting each other so each one will have ample time with the model. However for this fetish shoots, they will we just machine gunning away trying to get all the "kawai" snapshots.
    good point
    what have u seen so far?

Wondering good or bad
    Good ..... more choices, more varieties, more competitive. Think, what if there is NO such shoots? Good or bad?

Why dont you try to organise one and see whether it is just a gimmick? Have you ever shoot in a paid photoshoot before? .... If have, then you tell us whether you get any turn on with those models wearing little to fetish outfits right in front of you .... If you never attend a single one, then I can tell you that you wont have any feeling coz your mind will be just thinking how to get the images you want, unless you got a sick mind!
    You must be joking to think that these organisers are "earning little to non" and are just doing some social or charitiable work. Even if they make a lot, i think they deserve it, but dont worry, there is this thing call, demand=supply.
    Personally i think it did help me a lot in my understanding of photography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexlord
    I have never heard from any photographers who complained that the amount of time available for him is rather limited .... esp after the first 2 hours. For the more experience ones, such as student, he probably shoots a few rolls in a couple of minutes and he has enough (hehe, juz not sure whether he needs to pay or not ... )
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Learn? Actually I personally doubt so unless its an exclusive 2-on-1 shoot. 1 experienced, 1 newbie and they've got all the time in the world.

10 to 1? U wait long-long.

learning process depend on individual lor.....

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    good point
    what have u seen so far?
    Do a search on my history. "Macroing of models" & "Hijacking of models"

I think it is better to ask questions rather than make dogmatic statements when one have not attended such organised shoots before.

That aside, I ALWAYS learn when I was in such a shoot. The ONE and ONLY time I did not learn from others was in a shoot where all photographers were bundled in a room while one photographer was in the studio photographing the model. Even so, I learnt something.

In a group shoot such as those in outdoors, there is plenty to learn.

If one expects another to hold your hand and spoon-feed you, then forget it! Photogs are there to make their own photographs, not to teach you. To learn formally you have to be in a workshop. Remember, such shoots are not workshops!

But learn you will, if you only open your eyes, and ask questions at the appropriate time. Only the exceptional selfish ones will not share their knowledge with you. Look at how others intereact with the models. How they place the models. How they look at light. Etc.

Does one expect to come out from such shoots with masterpieces? I very much doubt so, given the nature of the photogs attending scuh shoots. But you will have fun, make friends, and learn something along the way.

And once in awhile, you maybe lucky and have a good image.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by student
    I think it is better to ask questions rather than make dogmatic statements when one have not attended such organised shoots before.

That aside, I ALWAYS learn when I was in such a shoot. The ONE and ONLY time I did not learn from others was in a shoot where all photographers were bundled in a room while one photographer was in the studio photographing the model. Even so, I learnt something.

If one expects another to hold your hand and spoon-feed you, then forget it! Photogs are there to make their own photographs, not to teach you. To learn formally you have to be in a workshop. Remember, such shoots are not workshops!

But learn you will, if you only open your eyes, and ask questions at the appropriate time. Only the exceptional selfish ones will not share their knowledge with you. Look at how others intereact with the models. How they place the models. How they look at light. Etc.

Does one expect to come out from such shoots with masterpieces? I very much doubt so, given the nature of the photogs attending scuh shoots. But you will have fun, make friends, and learn something along the way.

U sum it all bro!
    Really depends on the person joining lorz..some may join because they only want to shoot at beautiful models, some may join because they want to gain experience from the more experience ones..it really depends on the motive of the person who join..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by student

quite true, i retract my statement

learn you can, how much is the question

Hi, how close can we go near the models?

I like to shoot with an extension tube (on the lens of course).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast