Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone pls advise which camera should i get???

Default Re: Can anyone pls advise which camera should i get???

Yah, they may be lying down, but their head and limbs will move around very very quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    her bb only 5mths old, still have a good 8-12 mths before he/she starts to run around

bb will lie still for you to take pictures, don't need a DSLR for now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut
    Yah, they may be lying down, but their head and limbs will move around very very quickly...
    maybe my daughter was lazy and did not move around "quickly"
    or you better check what is in the milk

Hahahaha! Steroid.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    maybe my daughter was lazy and did not move around "quickly"
    or you better check what is in the milk

Actually I think tt Fujifilm F10 ($250-$300) or F11 ($400-$450) are pretty good cameras ... just saw tt someone selling ...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=219148

Quote Originally Posted by toledosun
    Hi,

I'm currently using the Fuji F11. Main reason for suggesting this camera is that it can shoot very good photos indoor without flash. Won't confuse you with technical details but simply put, the Fuji's ability is such that if you use it side by side with any other portable point and shoot cameras indoors, it will be able to give you a correctly exposed picture without using flash in situations where other point and shoot cameras cannot. If you set the setting to Sports mode and leave the ISO setting to auto, you should be reasonably pleased with all indoor shots, without using a flash.

As Ortega mentioned, some people do not like to use flash on babies. I don't recommend it either because it may scare them. I've also heard that it may be bad for their eyes if you point the camera directly at them (this you need to check with a doctor).

The Fuji F11 also does decent movies and the length of the movie is limited only by your memory card size so that should work for you too.

If your bedget allows, go for the new model Fuji F30, which replaces the F11. The F30 is going for about $600 and it's picture quality indoors, without flash, is even better than the F11. F11, brand new, should be going below $500.

Just went to the Fuji forum and noticed that there is a thread on pictures taken by the F10, F11 and F30. Go take a look at the threads. There is a picture of a cat taken without flash and appears to have been taken indoor. That would give you a good idea of what I was talking about.
    going for f30 would be the better choice... the noise is much better than the older f10/11

O, not necessary....eye contact makes good portrait. But most of the time I would like to take my son in action, like when he is "chatting" with someone, crying, drooling over his favorite "drumstick" (his fist lah).....etc, so many pics will be candid and not posed.....hope you get what I mean....so eye contact pic will be a fraction of what I take only. But when I take with eye contact, I dun use the flash loh.

By the way, it's just personal preference.
    even if thats the case its also better to take without flash... there would be surely some shot taken wif direct eyes contact. unless you telling me ALL the shot you took doesn't have any eyes contact

I think i have decided to get either Canon Ixus 60 / 65 but can anyone here tell me.... where should i get it from?? From the IT show or any places that i can get it at a lower price?? Thanks for the advise.

Heehee!!! My is super active.... never stop moving and now already started to turn his body and i really have diffcult time to capture his action...

BB is so cute and so many different things to capture everyday so really cannot wait to buy a camera to capture all these moment but budget is very tight so really cannot afford to buy ex camera. I am only buying to shoot my bb and nothing else liao so consider as a leisure not into serious stuff.....

Now, which camera should i go for liao??? Heehee, Fuji or Canon. My brian is empty so really have no clue which one i should buy. If Fuji F10 is okay, than shall buy from the market place at $300. Worth to buy?? Sorry coz i really is mountain turtle when come to all these digital stuff. Thanks once again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sttimemum
    Heehee!!! My is super active.... never stop moving and now already started to turn his body and i really have diffcult time to capture his action...

BB is so cute and so many different things to capture everyday so really cannot wait to buy a camera to capture all these moment but budget is very tight so really cannot afford to buy ex camera. I am only buying to shoot my bb and nothing else liao so consider as a leisure not into serious stuff.....

Now, which camera should i go for liao??? Heehee, Fuji or Canon. My brian is empty so really have no clue which one i should buy. If Fuji F10 is okay, than shall buy from the market place at $300. Worth to buy?? Sorry coz i really is mountain turtle when come to all these digital stuff. Thanks once again.
    i would say fuji... capturing image indoor without OIS is very hard without the use of flash... in this case the ISO800 or 1600 of the fuji F30 will be a great help. if you got the $ try to look for F30... should be about 400-500+ for 2h set and 600+ for a new 1.
    else looks for 2hand F10/11

for your budget of $300, F10 is a worthy camera to get. cos you can use the camera in low light condition, without the harsh look of a flash. it is also fast enough to capture movements of a child when using a higher iso.

if your budget can stretch to $580, you shd get the Fuji's F30

why? cos i've a F10 and F30, hehe...
    Last edited by Xing; 30th August 2006 at 01:47 PM.
    see my portfolio, for your comments.

Than i think i can only go for fuji F10 1st than next time got more money than will go for a better camera.... can i take video using F10??? I hope to take some of my bb video too...

Fuji F30

Hi... everyone!! I am new here and in fact i should say this is my very first time in this forum. Actually spend sometime reading thru the thread and found ppl here really very helpful and nice and therefore dare to ask for help.

I am a new mummy and hoping to get a decent camera to shoot my bb growing stages..
    I dun have anything in mind but advise by my friend to get a canon. What i actually want is the shutter to be fast coz bb move and change position quite fast and i scare i won't be able to capture fast enough and hope to have video function so i can film my bb.... Budget wise, i hope to get a 2nd hand one. Can anyone here kindly advise which model should i go for if my budget is only less than $300. Thanks everyone in advance.

Comex tomorrow. See what special offers are available there. Best advice I can give you. My other advice is to stretch your budget and get the best you can afford. Your bb's fotos in the future will give you so much joy that you'll never regret the money you spend. From a father!

Fuji F10/11/30 will be most suitable for this job
    FYI, you can key in "Fuji" to search the BnS from time to time.
    Last edited by cheersjy; 30th August 2006 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks alot alot alot... will try to go down maybe tomorrow afternoon to see what offer they have. Thanks

Yah, agreed. Actually, I have taken about 3-4 shots with flash only, compared to about 3000pics of my son now...very small %...

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    even if thats the case its also better to take without flash... there would be surely some shot taken wif direct eyes contact. unless you telling me ALL the shot you took doesn't have any eyes contact

Typically at PC/IT show, they won't (or can't) sell cheaper than the official price, but will only give more freebies. But than again, those shops contact I gave you will usually sell at cheaper price than official, during show time, they may even match the freebies with the discounted price! But, please DON'T assume that they are angel, they will also "Chop" ppl who doesn't know the price at times, so please ask prices from a few stores before buying.

Common tricks to "chop" ppl:

1.When you ask price for a model, they will quote cheap, to ensure if you walk around, you will conclude that they have the the best price and thus they are the honest type. Then when you decided to buy from them, they will sway you away from the 1st model you asked into buying another model. The 2nd model will not be cheap....they will chop you if you buy the 2nd model. If happens you decided to change to the 2nd model, better go walk another round to check out the price!!

2.They may sell you the cam cheap, but make sure you dun buy any accessories (unless you know the price), if not they will "chop" you on the accessories, then back to square 1...upgrade accessories also, my friend top-up $70 to upgraded the free 512mb SD card to 1Gb, not knowing that a brand new 1Gb card was only selling at $80 only!!

So, please look out and be sure of the prices of everything you are paying for before buying!

I think i have decided to get either Canon Ixus 60 / 65 but can anyone here tell me.... where should i get it from?? From the IT show or any places that i can get it at a lower price?? Thanks for the advise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12