View Poll Results: Are there too many photographer-wannabe out there?

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!! But only a handful can make it there!

144 52.94%
  • No!! It happens in every trade!

128 47.06%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many photographer-wannabe out there!

Default Re: Too many photographer-wannabe out there!

Wa, with this kind of support and encouragements, I think we wannabes have better confidence. Thanks....

Are there wananbes wanna cheong wedding together with us (all wannabes)....
    Last edited by Bobman; 29th December 2006 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Wa, with this kind of support and encouragements, I think we wannabes have better confidence. Thanks....

All ya, lets all cheong wedding and offer rates that we deem fit

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    All ya, lets all cheong wedding and offer rates that we deem fit
    S$ 388 anyone lower than that

S$ 388 anyone lower than that
    Bobman, SGD388 for a wedding shoot?

20 8x12 prints at 5 bucks each=100bucks

A decent album = 60 bucks

Transport = 30 bucks (Sure after midnight bro)

388-100-60-30 = SGD198

Now divide that by 20 hours (15 for actual day and 5 for post edit) = SGD9.90 per hour.

Now are you still sure you want to charge SGD388? Show us your portfolio. If good I sure recommend you! Or even use you for my own wedding next year!

Quote Originally Posted by vernonleow View Post

388-100-60-30 = SGD198

Now divide that by 20 hours (15 for actual day and 5 for post edit) = SGD9.90 per hour.

Now are you still sure you want to charge SGD388? Show us your portfolio. If good I sure recommend you! Or even use you for my own wedding next year!
    Now that's the problem. We wannabes do not have portfolio to show. If you read my previous posts. That's why we need portfolios. So what is your suggestion for wannabes like us?

Now that's the problem. We wannabes do not have portfolio to show. If you read my previous posts. That's why we need portfolios. So what is your suggestion for wannabes like us?
    Simple, post online 3 of your best shots (any subject). Can see from there where you are going.

Simple, post online 3 of your best shots (any subject). Can see from there where you are going.
    Last edited by Bobman; 29th December 2006 at 01:38 AM.

Bro, "wanna cheong wedding together" ? Still thinking and behaving like true wannabes I see.

Try "Are there any other aspiring pros who is interested in exploring this wedding market together?" If you cannot see the difference then you may have a longer learning curve than others?

Question Re: Too many photographer-wannabe out there!

388-100-60-30 = SGD198

My rates are B$100 per hour and as a freelance photographer I find this increasingly difficult to manage. Review 1300 images, short list and post process approximately 1000 for CD Gallery, short list a further 300-400 for printing and High Definition DVD slideshow. This work is way too time consuming for me to consider professional photography worthwhile, unless you have a deep passion for this in which case time and money become secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by janshim View Post
    Bro, "wanna cheong wedding together" ? Still thinking and behaving like true wannabes I see.

Try "Are there any other aspiring pros who is interested in exploring this wedding market together?" If you cannot see the difference then you may have a longer learning curve than others?
    ok, sorry many english not very polish and can't put nice words. i belong to ah beng society

Quote Originally Posted by janshim View Post
    My rates are B$100 per hour and as a freelance photographer I find this increasingly difficult to manage. Review 1300 images, short list and post process approximately 1000 for CD Gallery, short list a further 300-400 for printing and High Definition DVD slideshow. This work is way too time consuming for me to consider professional photography worthwhile, unless you have a deep passion for this in which case time and money become secondary.
    What would happen when I post this in the Service/Offer Section:

Wannabe Wedding Photographers offer S$ 388.00 for your Pre Wedding Package, both Studios and Outdoors or AD Wedding, MUA not included.....

Do you think I will get "blessing" from pros?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How can CS not have you around....Thanks

Happy New Year!!

OT abit, i think its because S'pore may hav 1 of d most DSLRs per sq inch? & all them kenna teased, like- wah, big cam pro manz. so, many wannabes try their hand at having a go in this industry?

not 2 discredit some gd 1s but i'll leave it 2 u guys 2 judge d ratio of d worst - d best bah...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i think its because S'pore may hav 1 of d most DSLRs per sq inch?
    That's why our standard is so high.

And don't forget we are also going to be the highest ownership of home studio.

I feel that this thread is very revealing of the sentiments of some photographers in singapore.

For those, who agreed, I wonder what would they classify themselves under? "Professional Photographer" (as shooter mentioned is the term he was talking about) or "wannabe"?

It's interesting why we sometimes bother what other people do with their cameras. I'm not anywhere near "pro", but possibly everywhere in "wannabe". I think "pro" (meaning in this case, good) photographers is a term that other people award and not something we could give ourselves.

to cut it short, I think photographers should spend more time on our craft rather then commenting on others in relation to ours(especially if it connotes condescendment).

nonetheless, a good discussion.

yes i agree sbsolutely that there are alot of newbie wannabes running around with 400d, 30d, d80, d40. all over the place.

but when i look at them now i see myself in them many years back. back then i was running around with eos 3. now i am a seasoned pro, older, wiser, who shoots selectively with EOS 1D.

somehow u will feel good seeing these newbies running around because they make you recall the good old days when u are keen to try everything. these nembies can be found in city hall area at night with tripods trying out long exposures. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by user111 View Post
    yes i agree sbsolutely that there are alot of newbie wannabes running around with 400d, 30d, d80, d40. all over the place.
    You must be witnessing the first ever Singapore Newbie Wannabes Marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You must be witnessing the first ever Singapore Newbie Wannabes Marathon.
    Note, there are no Pentax DSLRs in the list, so if you want to be free from the Newbie tag..

GET A PENTAX!

(ok Pentax confirm tio slam in the next few posts already. =( )

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Note, there are no Pentax DSLRs in the list, so if you want to be free from the Newbie tag..

GET A PENTAX!

(ok Pentax confirm tio slam in the next few posts already. =( )
    It not the fault of the camera, but the person using it...

So can I slam you instead??

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast