Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 114

Thread: Share TZ1 pictures here

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    i don't mean 3:2 ain't good, my D50 is also 3:2. but what im surprise is that somewhat choose to use this ratio instead of the original 4:3 which gives the most pixels.

    as for me, i actually prefer my shot to be in 3:2, but sometimes i wish it was in 4:3 due to some framing.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    i don't mean 3:2 ain't good, my D50 is also 3:2. but what im surprise is that somewhat choose to use this ratio instead of the original 4:3 which gives the most pixels.

    as for me, i actually prefer my shot to be in 3:2, but sometimes i wish it was in 4:3 due to some framing.
    I use 3:2 so that it can be printed easily if i need to.
    Cropping to 3:2 (4R) isn't easy esp when u leave little to no borders.
    Well all framing has it pros and cons i guess.
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  3. #23

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    After looking through all these pictures, seems to have difficulty finding noise. I wonder how accurate are those review by dpreview and cnet that suggested the noise problem of this camera.

    Sometimes, their findings can be contradictory from many other reviews and users. Perhaps, some might even have the impression they are paid in form by the better known brands to give compliment for commercial interest. Hope this is not the case. Otherwise their credibility unlikely can stay very long among the more discerning.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by anglim
    After looking through all these pictures, seems to have difficulty finding noise. I wonder how accurate are those review by dpreview and cnet that suggested the noise problem of this camera.

    Sometimes, their findings can be contradictory from many other reviews and users. Perhaps, some might even have the impression they are paid in form by the better known brands to give compliment for commercial interest. Hope this is not the case. Otherwise their credibility unlikely can stay very long among the more discerning.
    erm... noise will somewhat only appear at ISO200 or above. Plus all this pic have been greatly resized thus you will not really see much of the noise.
    at this size i can easily shoot with my d50 at iso1600 and still looks pretty much noiseless

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    erm... noise will somewhat only appear at ISO200 or above. Plus all this pic have been greatly resized thus you will not really see much of the noise.
    at this size i can easily shoot with my d50 at iso1600 and still looks pretty much noiseless
    Tz1's noise isn't that bad (In fact i see v little if any) iso 200 and below even in full sized ones except those shadow areas which i think was mentioned in reviews.
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Heavily cropped snail in low light.





    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  7. #27

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Allow me to share my struggle with some of their inconsistent remarks here (hope I have the permission to quote). I am sure I didn't make a mistake going against the intent of the review.


    "If you judge cameras purely on graphs and figures, the TZ1 would be a real winner - measurable luminance noise in particular is very low indeed at higher ISO settings. Of course the truth is that this is all noise reduction, which starts fairly high and gets stronger - the TZ1 has lower measurable chroma noise at ISO 400 than it goes at ISO 200; a sure sign that the noise reduction system is really 'kicking in'. So then, we've got very clean results at ISO 80-400, but results where the effect of noise reduction has a gradually more destructive effect on fine detail - particularly low-contrast detail (hair, foliage etc). You can also see noise even in ISO 80 shots, particularly in the shadows."



    "The difference between the Pentax *ist DS and Nikon D50 is pretty clear here especially at ISO 400 and 800 where the D50 continues to deliver clean tones the *ist DS is already looking speckled and somewhat noisy. Additionally there's no loss of detail in the D50 images which hints to either a very good noise reduction system or minimal noise reduction.

    The graph below supports what we've seen in visual comparison, the D50 delivering low luminance noise levels especially between ISO 200 and 800. At ISO 1600 noise levels are similar to the Canon EOS 350D and Nikon D70 although with no obvious loss of detail. As mentioned above the D50's noise is most noticeable in the red channel (luminance is mostly made up of green)."



    "Indicated ISO sensitivity is on the horizontal axis of this graph, standard deviation of luminosity is on the vertical axis.

    Measurable noise is unsurprisingly very similar at ISO 80-400 to the other cameras we've tested using this chip, and though it's offering nowhere near the performance of the Fuji Super CCD sensor (as used in the F10/F11) at ISO 800, it's a lot better than many cameras of this type. Luminance and chroma noise are low at ISO 80 and 100, producing very clean results without excessive noise reduction."

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    erm... noise will somewhat only appear at ISO200 or above. Plus all this pic have been greatly resized thus you will not really see much of the noise.
    at this size i can easily shoot with my d50 at iso1600 and still looks pretty much noiseless
    Last edited by anglim; 16th September 2006 at 02:32 PM.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Perhaps, some of these pictures taken by TZ1 aren't terribly bad.

    http://www.fotothing.com/camera/DMC-TZ1/ ... click the photo to see the full picture

    http://www.dicadic.com/dg/category/d...sonic/dmc-tz1/ ... click the photo to pull out the picture and another click for the full download. Hope you enjoy flipping the 4 pages.

    ... dunno I got chance have such pictures.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    erm... when did i say it is terrible?
    im only saying that there will be noise even @ ISO200 but since most photo we are used to view are resize pretty much... some 20% some 33%... most of them are usually viewed at below 50% unless your monitor is very high in resolution like 1600x1200 or more. thats y most of the noise can't be really seen. even for d50 ISO1600 shots

    anyway i will post one photos i just shot in labrador later... ISO1600

  10. #30

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    no lah. Heard you recommending TZ1 in another thread. I keep looking at every photo taken by TZ1 at full blown and enlarge until the resolution suffers, somehow not easy to find noise. Seems that dpReview might have misjudged this camera. They have gone in great details. Perhaps, their problem is having to reserve compliments for some brands.

    I will certainly be glad to see how bad TZ-1 fair at 1600 although rarely in need of these extreme given its superb OIS and fsater lens.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by anglim
    no lah. Heard you recommending TZ1 in another thread. I keep looking at every photo taken by TZ1 at full blown and enlarge until the resolution suffers, somehow not easy to find noise. Seems that dpReview might have misjudged this camera. They have gone in great details. Perhaps, their problem is having to reserve compliments for some brands.

    I will certainly be glad to see how bad TZ-1 fair at 1600 although rarely in need of these extreme given its superb OIS and fsater lens.
    ic...
    anyway here is one d50 crappy shot @iso1600
    used no NR/sharpen only cropped and resized to 75%
    http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4672/dsc2743xq5.jpg
    don mind the softness. it was taken with 70-300 @ 300mm which is not a very sharp lens @ 300mm
    would be slightly better if shot in Jpg since d50 is known for its better jpg processing

    and here is the uncropped version
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3...3mediumvn8.jpg
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 23rd September 2006 at 11:01 AM.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here



    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here





    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    The Forgotten City.

    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  15. #35

    Question Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    hi all,
    i'm plannin to get tz1 for my parents.
    both retired and go on holdiay often... but dun have a D-cam.
    was browsing the net and came across TZ1, thin it should be a great cam for them.
    can zoom(10x) with anti shake...
    please let me know, where i can get a good deal for TZ1.
    thanks,
    rolex

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by rolexboy View Post
    hi all,
    i'm plannin to get tz1 for my parents.
    both retired and go on holdiay often... but dun have a D-cam.
    was browsing the net and came across TZ1, thin it should be a great cam for them.
    can zoom(10x) with anti shake...
    please let me know, where i can get a good deal for TZ1.
    thanks,
    rolex
    Good places to get include Alan Photo(SLS), MS Color and Song Brothers(SLS).
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  17. #37

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmal View Post
    Good places to get include Alan Photo(SLS), MS Color and Song Brothers(SLS).
    thanks phantasmal, yesterday i went to check at gain city and i was quoted 699.
    any idea wat's the average/good price for this cam??
    if 699, might be thinkin of getttin a 2nd hand or a lx1 or 2.
    thanks for the advice.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by rolexboy View Post
    thanks phantasmal, yesterday i went to check at gain city and i was quoted 699.
    any idea wat's the average/good price for this cam??
    if 699, might be thinkin of getttin a 2nd hand or a lx1 or 2.
    thanks for the advice.
    My guess is it should be 679 or below if u enquire at the right shops as my recommended shops.

    http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/oshop/...3904b3f41bafdf
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  19. #39

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmal View Post
    My guess is it should be 679 or below if u enquire at the right shops as my recommended shops.

    http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/oshop/...3904b3f41bafdf
    thanks again phantasmal.
    will take a look from the mentioned places.
    regards,
    rolex

  20. #40

    Default Re: Share TZ1 pictures here

    If you won't mind getting brand new from eBay, current "buy it price" is SGD410 plus goodies. Shouldn't exceed SGD500 incl shipping. Probably only international warranty. Shipping usually within 2-3weeks. Otherwise you can still decline credit payment at your end.

    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Panasonic-Lum...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •