Thread: My Family

Default My Family

Something to share with you guys. Most people i shown this to don't like it but its 1 of my personal favourites.

I see 3 groups of stalks, each representing a member of a family - the left is the less dominant parent, the center thick stalk is the dominant head of the house and the single small strand on the right is the child who is relatively weak.

The setting is akin to a desert and the subtle trail show journey, harship and fragile unity.

Default Re: My Family

Hi Sharpion,

I like the idea behind the shot.

Was wondering, will it be another good shot if you pull the frame diagonally down towards the left and show the long draggy shadows of your subject.

Anyway, I like the shot. Simple but nice

Regards,
    tltan

if u hadn't explained what you saw i would never have interpreted it that way. but since u did, i think it's great.

however, i fee a photograph shouldn't need a narative to make it good. without ur narrative i would think it's an abstract image of some grass that given more space (on top and left) might be nicer.

Thanks for the comments guys!

tltan: ya would be nice to show the shadows more

joho: ya i agree, a gd compromise could be a leading title

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpion
    Something to share with you guys. Most people i shown this to don't like it but its 1 of my personal favourites.

I see 3 groups of stalks, each representing a member of a family - the left is the less dominant parent, the center thick stalk is the dominant head of the house and the single small strand on the right is the child who is relatively weak.

The setting is akin to a desert and the subtle trail show journey, harship and fragile unity.
    I likened your shot to be representing the helplessness of being human,
    that you are rooted into a cold hard world.
    with nothing to look forward to.

And your whole family is also in the same situation. nothing to sight at all in the future

Quote Originally Posted by richliow
    I likened your shot to be representing the helplessness of being human,
    you are rooted into a cold hard world.
    with nothing to look forward to.

And your whole family is also in the same situation. nothing to sight at all in the future
    wow, thats quite a cool thought - rooted to the cold hard world