Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Supreme Court

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Supreme Court

    The aliens are coming!!



    Shot this while waiting for Singapore Fireworks Festival to start. It is a bit tight on the right as there was a lampost next to me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Nice shot, I really like it

    The only negative thing, I think there is perhaps just too much negative space at the top.

    Edit: Also, looks slightly tilted, maybe move it a couple of degrees anti clockwise.
    Last edited by wildstallion; 26th August 2006 at 09:52 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Supreme Court



    most probably the empty space is for the aliens image... peace

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Edit: Also, looks slightly tilted, maybe move it a couple of degrees anti clockwise.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I did not realise the slight tilt.


    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Nice shot, I really like it

    The only negative thing, I think there is perhaps just too much negative space at the top.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlaphoto


    most probably the empty space is for the aliens image... peace
    I wanted to give a sense of space for the UFO to lift off after it was done probing the judges.

    Thanks for viewing

  5. #5

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Looks like something out of the movie Independance Day. Love the juxtapositioning of your subjects. As have been mentioned, too much space on top.

  6. #6
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    i think they got the idea of disuising the flying soucer (escape pot for vip) as part of a building from "man in black".
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    one suggestion can? hope cerebrus won't mind...can add some vertical light coming from the sky?

    something like this..

    Last edited by mlaphoto; 27th August 2006 at 06:07 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    that alien thing was some controversial topic previously right...
    haha.. nice shot..
    s2 is user =)
    Nikon!
    flickr

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by PointBlue
    Looks like something out of the movie Independance Day. Love the juxtapositioning of your subjects.
    Yeah, alien invasion!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PointBlue
    As have been mentioned, too much space on top.
    I feel that the picture looks cramped without the space, especially for the left side, since the dome would then be flush with the frame.

    Thanks for C&C!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by littlejt
    that alien thing was some controversial topic previously right...
    haha.. nice shot..
    s2 is user =)
    Yeah, the S2IS is a fun toy. S3IS looks sexier in black!

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    i think they got the idea of disuising the flying soucer (escape pot for vip) as part of a building from "man in black".
    It did cause quite a HoHa when they built it.

    Thanks for viewing!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by mlaphoto
    one suggestion can? hope cerebrus won't mind...can add some vertical light coming from the sky?

    something like this..

    No worries about editing the pic. I was thinking of making the flying saucer lift off, with a similar glow at the bottom. Will do it when I have some free time.

  12. #12
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by cerebrus
    No worries about editing the pic. I was thinking of making the flying saucer lift off, with a similar glow at the bottom. Will do it when I have some free time.
    i will be looking forward to seeing it.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Sightings!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan
    Sightings!
    Yeah, need to call the MiB!

  15. #15

    Cool Re: Supreme Court

    nice flying saucer

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by mysterio506
    nice flying saucer
    Thanks mysterio506!
    Wonder what they do to all the lawyers that they abduct!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    would prefer a wider angle, a panoramic might be good

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    would prefer a wider angle, a panoramic might be good
    Unfortunatly that would not have been possible from where I was shooting. Had lamposts on both sides. Do not have the EXIF here, think this was shot between 300 to 400mm.

    Thanks for viewing!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •