Thread: management associate program

Default management associate program

hi all,
    recently i heard from my friends regarding a program called "management associate program". do u all know what is it?

from wat i was told, they told me that this is a program mainly found in the banking industry, and it allows a person to rotate many positions to try out all, before settling down at one that he/she likes the best..

is this correct? anybody know more about this thing?

thanks in advance for any info
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Default Re: management associate program

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    hi all,
    recently i heard from my friends regarding a program called "management associate program". do u all know what is it?

from wat i was told, they told me that this is a program mainly found in the banking industry, and it allows a person to rotate many positions to try out all, before settling down at one that he/she likes the best..

is this correct? anybody know more about this thing?

thanks in advance for any info
    yeah it is correct there is such job. But u will have to be of high calibrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    yeah it is correct there is such job. But u will have to be of high calibrate.
    Do u mind telling me more details abt it? as in wat exactly is inside the management associate program? I have been to the websites of a couple of banking companies, and the description is very very abstract..similar to wat i wrote in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    Do u mind telling me more details abt it? as in wat exactly is inside the management associate program? I have been to the websites of a couple of banking companies, and the description is very very abstract..similar to wat i wrote in the first post.
    it's basically what u had said, it's a good exposure if u get that position.

basically you are like an management trainee, but you get exposure from working in different departments and then settle on the one you prefer.

yep TMC is right....

on top of that, u need to take up interal courses and exams before u r allowed to sell the bank's products....

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted
    yep TMC is right....

on top of that, u need to take up interal courses and exams before u r allowed to sell the bank's products....
    mmm..so that means one that goes on the trainee program route will be still like a "student" ? meaning, still need to study frequently and take test etc..

correct, you will be trained in pretty much all aspects of the company. jack of all trades, then you pick your specialized field. but then it also means that you might just get called up to support other departments. More saikang.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    correct, you will be trained in pretty much all aspects of the company. jack of all trades, then you pick your specialized field. but then it also means that you might just get called up to support other departments. More saikang.
    ah.. i see..so thats the use of the rotation of jobs..

thanks a lot guys for the info

In the context of the government / PSC there is such a programme as well, for high fliers, scholars of scholars.

http://app.psc.gov.sg/scholarships/html/map.asp

cheers

hi, the question is, how long will u train in each department???

the thing is this, train in each department too short, you won't learn anything, but if train too long, you need a long time to settle down.

cheers

Just my personal observations and experiences. Felt that the term "management associate" is very loosely used by many companies out there looking to add glamour to their company's image but in reality, some of the so call "management trainees" ended up as cheap labor. Of cos there are companies with professional and competent HR and supporting structures to make their own management programs a success but they are far and between......