Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charged Extra by Watch Trend & Co

Default Charged Extra by Watch Trend & Co

WAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Just now i went to Watch Trend & Co at Jurong East MRT, it sells what else but watches. Wanted to buy this Swatch that my gf liked, list price was $109, asked for discount, he said 10%, but managed to get it down to $95. Then I went and paid by NETS, and he charged me the list price! Do i have a case here? He gave me two receipts, one for my nets purchase which was $109, which i admit i didn't check, and an official shop receipt for $95. How ah? I only found out when i went to check my transaction history. wah very angry ah! maybe it was a genuine mistake on his part. it's a warning to everyone to check your receipts!

Last edited by dirtytripod; 26th August 2006 at 02:38 PM.
    chompchomp

Default Re: Kena cheated by Watch Trend & Co

time to go to the police. did you go check with the shop over the discrepancy?

i think u go back the shop first and quarrel with them to get back the $10 first..if they refuse, then think of the next step..
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

haven't man because the official shop receipt is with my gf who is back in jb already.
    chompchomp

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    i think u go back the shop first and quarrel with them to get back the $10 first..if they refuse, then think of the next step..
    it's $14 man! and ya i think i will do that. anybody got CASE's number? heh. it's not so much the amount as the act! and this is a note of warning to you guys not to patronise that shop. tsk. do this kind of business will get retribution one.
    chompchomp

no la..its not a matter of $14..its a matter of cheating. even if its $0.10, it also reflect badly on their integrity..

i think at the moment without the receipt, its hard for u to go back and quarrel leh..abt how many days it will take to get the receipt from ur gf?
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

you should bring the receipt back to the shop,CASE will only step in when the shop owner refuse to return the balance.
    It's not just the fault of the shop but also your fault for not checking.

yeap, i can only go back on tuesday earliest. and i already say it's my mistake man zaxh.
    chompchomp

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    you should bring the receipt back to the shop,CASE will only step in when the shop owner refuse to return the balance.
    agree... let them have the benefit of doubt b4 naming them as cheaters... else u might end up with a defamation case against them... it might just be an honest mistake and its easily rectified...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    agree... let them have the benefit of doubt b4 naming them as cheaters... else u might end up with a defamation case against them... it might just be an honest mistake and its easily rectified...
    ok then i shall change the title of the thread heheh.
    chompchomp

is your friend a foreigner? if so, get her to lodge a report with CASE. DO NOT go to case if you a sillyzen of this country for it will act if a tourist is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan
    is your friend a foreigner? if so, get her to lodge a report with CASE. DO NOT go to case if you a sillyzen of this country for it will act if a tourist is involved.
    payment done by nets, so lppl lah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    payment done by nets, so lppl lah...
    yalor, lppl ah.
    chompchomp

Default Re: Charged Extra by Watch Trend & Co

This is bad but I think you also have the responsibility to check the amount before you key in your pin right. Don't tell me you just blindly key in the pin without confirming the amount? Like that you will lose more money one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    This is bad but I think you also have the responsibility to check the amount before you key in your pin right. Don't tell me you just blindly key in the pin without confirming the amount? Like that you will lose more money one day.
    hahah ya i was in a hurry..too bad lah. i went to the swatch shop at jp also quote $109. somemore sure cannot bargain.
    chompchomp

I think this thread is a waste of bandwidth. Just go back to the shop and sort out the discrepancy instead of posting such trivial matters here. Can't believe you actually took the time and effort to get a screen capture of your posb page...

vince123123
    Guests

I don't think that it is the fault of the threadstarter to "check the amount". Yes it is good to check to prevent such "mistakes" - but if the merchant refuses to refund the extra, then the merchant is clearly is in the wrong. THe merchant can't very well turn around and say "You never check, so your problem".

vince123123
    Guests

If you have problems getting the original receipt, get your friend to scan a copy for you and print it out and bring to the shop. If it challenges the authenticity of the receipt, get a promise (written if possible) that they will refund the amount once you bring the original receipt (ie the issue is the receipt, not the refund).

This is better than waiting and waiting for your original receipt to arrive.

doubt much can be done if you go to Case.
    Firstly they did not over charge based on retail price. If they charge you $200 for it then you have a clear case against the shop.
    Next, its your word against theirs, no prove that they agree to lower the price.

Just go back with receipt and talk to the person who served you and see if you can get it back. If not, too bad.
    Learn your lesson and move on. Luckily didnt make mistake and charge you $1109
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

vince123123
    Guests

I may be mistaken, but doesn't the fact that the original receipt and the nets receipt showing a discrepancy already shows that there is a mistake in the nets charge? The issue isn't so much whether there is a discount or otherwise. The strategy to pursue is more of wrong charging rather than not honouring discount.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    doubt much can be done if you go to Case.
    Firstly they did not over charge based on retail price. If they charge you $200 for it then you have a clear case against the shop.
    Next, its your word against theirs, no prove that they agree to lower the price.

Just go back with receipt and talk to the person who served you and see if you can get it back. If not, too bad.
    Learn your lesson and move on. Luckily didnt make mistake and charge you $1109

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast