Thread: How do u define High Technical Quality Shot?

Default How do u define High Technical Quality Shot?

I am curious, how do u define a photo that is of high technical quality? Generally people determine it as sharp, nice colours, etc. However, a bokeh is blur and it brings out the subject. At the same time, certain colours are meant to be dull to get the effect. Opinions pls as to what is a good technical quality shot?

Default Re: How do u define High Technical Quality Shot?

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion
    I am curious, how do u define a photo that is of high technical quality? Generally people determine it as sharp, nice colours, etc. However, a bokeh is blur and it brings out the subject. At the same time, certain colours are meant to be dull to get the effect. Opinions pls as to what is a good technical quality shot?
    Sharpness, exposure, bokeh, lighting, blurrness (for some shot like panning), amount of details. all this add up to technical quality to me.

It can be technically right and look like s**t. It can be technically horribly wrong but be the most amazing thing you've ever seen.

I really wouldnt worry about it at all.

Photos and their critiques are ultimately infinitely subjective according to the viewer's perception. Sometimes, photos just work, or don't work..and even if it doesn't work for many people, maybe one or two might just happen to like it.
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

as long as you get what you want to portray, it's a technically good shot.
    eat. drink. shoot