Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore 2006 (IMF meeting)

Default Singapore 2006 (IMF meeting)

Hello, any photographers out there involved with the upcoming IMF meeting? Just wanna know who else will be involved, so I won't be so lonely haha. Haven't got the chance to mingle with the people at the briefing today.

Default Re: Singapore 2006 (IMF meeting)

Quote Originally Posted by melvinmah
    Hello, any photographers out there involved with the upcoming IMF meeting? Just wanna know who else will be involved, so I won't be so lonely haha. Haven't got the chance to mingle with the people at the briefing today.

I'm also involve with the IMF meeting as a photographer..! Two thumb up bro!!

Hi there, are you one of the 4 award winners? wonder how many of them are from CS!

I'm also involved in the event. Not quite like the idea of having zero rights, and not allowed to keep the pictures. Like that how be accredited with the event? Some cert? Picture would speak more on one's resume...

shoot simi? Talking heads?

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    Hi there, are you one of the 4 award winners? wonder how many of them are from CS!

I'm also involved in the event. Not quite like the idea of having zero rights, and not allowed to keep the pictures. Like that how be accredited with the event? Some cert? Picture would speak more on one's resume...
    nope, not one of 'em.

Dun like e ideas of havin' zero rights too. And my concern is that they wouldn't know who is e one who took e picture. But I do believe they'll be some recognition such as a certificate of participation.

Deregistered

No $, No Talk.

Worse still, organizers are running by a No Name No Credit No Repair Bill Payment kind of basis.

Is this a paid job? they must spend alot refurbish the area around suntec,look real nice now,so much greenery.
    Last edited by zaxh81; 26th August 2006 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    Worse still, organizers are running by a No Name No Credit No Repair Bill Payment kind of basis.
    hmm not really sure what you mean, but i wouldn't dare to comment on that either hehe.

Deregistered

hmm not really sure what you mean, but i wouldn't dare to comment on that either hehe.
    Neither do I know, but there's some purported mail from a local university about reimbursing $50 a day for photos, and that's on top of training from some local organization. Wonder if the organization gets paid to "train" people, or the other way round.

Neither do I know, but there's some purported mail from a local university about reimbursing $50 a day for photos, and that's on top of training from some local organization. Wonder if the organization gets paid to "train" people, or the other way round.
    i doubt 'reimbursing' is the word. $50 is the given allowance and I'm fine with that. We are student volunteers, not professionals doing a hired job.

Doesn't sound that interesting but that's just me I guess
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

i doubt 'reimbursing' is the word. $50 is the given allowance and I'm fine with that. We are student volunteers, not professionals doing a hired job.

Yes bro!

We're just volunteers, Not professionals. Hence we are given the chances for us to covered this biggest event for 2006 in s'pore. Aren't we supposed to feel good about it? and as a newbie photographer, this is a good chances for me to learn new stuff.

Anybody representing NYAA??

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by KennethLin
    Yes bro!

We're just volunteers, Not professionals. Hence we are given the chances for us to covered this biggest event for 2006 in s'pore. Aren't we supposed to feel good about it? and as a newbie photographer, this is a good chances for me to learn new stuff.
    I too volunteer as well, it's a hard call at times.

But I'll volunteer to endorse Canon and REALLY subject some items to rough handling

I too volunteer as well, it's a hard call at times.

But I'll volunteer to endorse Canon and REALLY subject some items to rough handling
    so will i...! hha

anyway how do you people volunteer to shoot such events?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    Anybody representing NYAA??
    Hello Mr willyfoo
    Yep, we'll be shootin' under NYAA YPN.

Hello Mr willyfoo
    Yep, we'll be shootin' under NYAA YPN.
    How many of you are there?.. James has invited me to supervise the project but I wasn't able to make it for Friday's briefing.. how did it go?

hi all,

i am involved in e NYAA project as well.

Deregistered

Haha, how true this is, I don't know. My friend told me, another friend of his was applying to be a BMW driver-chauffeur for the event. So my friend just casually asked, how much the pay was. Apparently, that was $2.2K! The guy apparently did not make it because he didn't have enough driving experience, since the organizers were looking for drivers with 20 years on the road.

Well, if one day the nation discovers a severe lack of taxis... we know who to blame!

i involved but kana jaga not take photos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast