Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    what i really meant is the whole slew of necessary maneuvers. if a classical interception failed to stop the approaching aircraft, does it not require manuevering?

anyway seen that french movie in which a mirage jet was stolen right off the airshow grounds? I'm not sure how far fetch it is in real life but a pilot was kidnapped and replaced by a terrorist substitute.

I would imagine one of the scenario to be where an aircraft (even a small one) will be sneaked off a runway somewhere in Singapore, already within the air cover umbrella. Here would be a scenario where you have no more straight path classical interception. the enemy is already within.
    Not really, the manuevers used to stop an airliner are inherently quite different from one used to stop a strike aircraft. An airliner being somewhat larger and slower, will require the jet to generally take a quite different approach.

In the case of a small aircraft, of course then the original doctrine of 1 v 1 maneuvering is applicable lah.

I think the highest air threat is a small private aircraft, probably need to use an apache against it rather than an F16.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I think the highest air threat is a small private aircraft, probably need to use an apache against it rather than an F16.
    Which explains why I saw two in-line flying around Serangoon yesterday evening. Hey, at least they CAN hover, you know

Now the topic seems to be on aerial dog fight 101

Are u all from the air force?

not imf lar but rehearsing for the rsaf open house, aerial display of all sg aircrafts and choppers. be prepared for more this coming week

Never do CAP over urban areas before, now starting to learn the ropes.. hehe.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

The RSAF is at it again today, though at a more reasonable time of day.

hehe keep hearing fighter jets sound from pasir ris. Zzzz

Other than flying over our residential area, where else can they fly to.
    Our air space are limited what.

Well, it might interest you guys to know that some (a few, not all) of these pilots deliberately rev up their engines when flying over residential areas. They are classified as a**h***s. This info came from a pilot friend who protects our country with the multi-million dollar F16D.

Well, it might interest you guys to know that some (a few, not all) of these pilots deliberately rev up their engines when flying over residential areas. They are classified as a**h***s. This info came from a pilot friend who protects our country with the multi-million dollar F16D.
    Very Interesting !!!..... your a**h*** F16 pilot friend must be in the aircraft, be it a single or twin seater F16...if not there is no way of knowing ""these a**h***s deliberately rev up their engines when flying over residential areas.""

Not trying to justify why RSAF is doing it , but off my head I can think of :

1. If your place is close to a hospital and hear helicopter noise it could be a realtime medical evacuation. Forget about your beauty sleep, someone's life is at stake. In some locality helicopter noise noise can be magnified by surrounding buildings that channel/ reflect and concentrate the noise.

2.Air Defence Evaluatrion Exercise.... operational evaluations have to be done on location where such systems are installed, to evaluate the system's effectiveness . Such evaluations and tests are required occasionally to make sure that the system works and any weaknesses are remedied or rectified. Some of these evaluations require fighter(s) to simulate realtime enemy low level high speed ingress. The RSAF have very strigent rules on flying over populace, I know for a fact that, where such flights are required they are cleared at the highest level.

3. If you stay or work close to the air base .... just too bad and u have my sympathy . The bases were there well before the houses or office buildings ... ... people choose to work or stay there knowing fully well that the air base was and is there!!! It is the same all over the world ,they build houses and offices around air bases and the occupants complain of aircraft noise. . Nevertheless, I know the RSAF are mindful of aircraft noise to the residents and they adopt noise abatement procedures in routine departure and arrival within the constraint of our populated areas and national airspace.

Just bear with it , it is for our own good that they are doing it ......just an occassional inconvenience (couple of seconds of noise) to make sure that you can sleep peacefully the rest of the year.

BTW just for Laughs at least we know what we bot WORKS!
    Last edited by Bluesteel; 1st September 2006 at 11:27 PM.

Got solution. Use HSM or USM jets. LOL

Silent!

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax
    Other than flying over our residential area, where else can they fly to.
    Our air space are limited what.
    There are designated tracts of airspace over the southern islands and the south china sea used for training activities.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234